Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• _meesh_
    _meesh_ Posts: 73
    Options
    Hello,

My name's Michelle and I'm 36. I've been a big girl almost all of my adult life. The last couple of years I've not bothered to worry about it because my level of activity went up and I was losing a bit of weight (about a size a year) but now that I'm closer to 40 than I am 30 I'm feeling like I should get myself in better shape.

Just wanted to say hello and hope to get to know other 30-somethings who want to get healthier.
  • JustasiaS
    JustasiaS Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Justi. I just turned 30 (exactly 3 weeks ago). I've been on MFP for awhile, about a year now. I've already lost 24 pounds and hope to lose 25 more. I've recently started bicycling to help get me up and moving.
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Michelle and Justi!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 6 this week if you care to join us. Just private message me or post in the newest thread and I will add you to the new spreadsheet.

There is also a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Additionally, we are doing miles walked for the month of July - link has been posted.

Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy year! :drinker:

Jo
  • _KrisMarie_
    _KrisMarie_ Posts: 146
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Kristin. I was on MFP before under another name and left for a while to focus on work. I'm back now after regaining some weight, and I'm looking to both support others and be supported. I found the 3 Month (Self) Challenge really helpful in getting me towards my goals.

Feel free to add me as a friend! :flowerforyou:

K
  • Leaby_x
    Leaby_x Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm 32, I have 2 sons aged 6 and 8 and as they was getting older I decided 3 years ago, to stop smoking! I was never More than 9stone (pregnancies aside) and after stopping smoking I gained 2 1/2 Stone! I have shifted 18lb and I am now on a health Mission and a mission to lose my gained weight! Again for my Boys, I want them to have a healthy Diet and I am a serial binge eater, especially with chocolate!) I want to lead by example! So I'm here now to monitor my calorie intake and get fit. Be the fittest I have ever been infact as I have in the past been either a smoker or overweight!
    I'm looking for Friends on here who have similar goals and will motivate and who want motivating! Please add me ???? Leaby_x
  • OnFire1975
    OnFire1975 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jen. I am a recently divorced mother of 2 ready for a change. Now that I'm single again, I need to start thinking about the dreaded D word again...DATING! :laugh: With so many insecurities, I don't dare put myself out there. I need more confidence and know that getting healthy inside and out will be the key to this. I don't have much of a support group. My sister just yesterday turned her nose up to my smoothie and was very loud and vocal about her dislike of my want to change. I want and need to change but I desperately need support. Someone told me MFP was the way to go so I joined. :heart:
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Leaby_x, Kristin and Jen!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 6 this week if you care to join us. Just private message me or post in the newest thread and I will add you to the new spreadsheet.

There is also a measurement check in thread (somewhere lol) if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Additionally, we are doing miles walked for the month of July - link has been posted and it's open to edit.

Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy rest of the year! :drinker:

Jo
  • SueJ728
    SueJ728 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Sue. I'm almost 30yo, married, mother of 2 daughters. After having kids... losing weight was impossible. My eating habits didn't help. I started religiously hitting the gym last year. The weight still did not come off after 4 months into it. I started to get discouraged. I joined a weight loss challenge at my gym and signed up with MFP. I started losing weight! I have gone from a size 12/10 to a size 6 & down 17lbs. It's a battle, but we all can do it. I'm here for support so if you'd like to track or add me, feel free =)
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Sue!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

There is also a measurement check in thread (somewhere lol) if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Additionally, we are doing miles walked for the month of July - link has been posted and it's open to edit.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy rest of the year! :drinker:

Jo
  • lifebywendy
    lifebywendy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Wendy 38, married 19 yrs, mother of 3 (15, 9, 8). I have been overweight all my life but now that I am nearing 40, I really need to get myself in gear and healthy. I'm a SAHM so it's just a little challenging (being home all day). My motivation levels go up and down all the time, I hit an all time high when I lose lbs and see/feel the difference in my clothes, but then I will hit 2 or 3 weeks of nothing and I get mad and feel like just quitting (pity party). So, I need a group that is going through the same thing I am and can help me when I feel at my lowest.
  • sire137
    sire137 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hello, I'm 32, got back to exercising a year and a half ago after a 5 year hiatus and trying to fix my eating habits now too. Just don't have the metabolism I use to have!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Wendy and sire137!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 6 if you care to join us. Just private message me or post in the newest thread and I will add you to the new spreadsheet.

Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy rest of the year! :drinker:

Jo
  • SammyDizzle81
    SammyDizzle81 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Samantha i'm 31 (32 in October) and I am ready to get this weight of I gained the last few years :)
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Samantha!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We started another 3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 6 if you care to join us. Just private message me or post in the newest thread and I will add you to the new spreadsheet.

Jo
  • shortyboom
    shortyboom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to the 30 Something group. I am 34 years old and 5'3". My first goal is to lose 10 lbs and get to 135 lbs. I started MFP 2 weeks ago. I'm looking for some great motivation to eating healthy and working out. I'm also looking for other tips (vitamins, shakes, recipes, workout videos, etc). MFP said I should eat 1200 cals, but Scooby said I should eat 1400 cals. I am doing Zumba twice per week. Occassionally, I will do a 15 minute brisk walk on my treadmill at home.

Looking forward to sharing and learning from everyone here! Oh, I'm hoping to get down to 135 lbs by October for my first family vacation to the Florida Keys. I want to look "beach" ready :)
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group shortyboom!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
  • coachsell75
    Options
    Hello, David here. I am 33 and have used the site off and on for a few years now. I had no idea there were groups on here. I usually use the app on my phone. Anyway, looking forward to meeting new people.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone! I'm Carrie, and I just turned 30 in January... so I guess that means I'm a thirty-something now!

I've been using MFP since 2009, though I have mostly been a lurker on the boards over the past few years. I've had a lot of success with MFP in the past. Unfortunately, I gained back about twenty pounds of what I lost as a result of going back to school/spending tons of time at a desk, and some health/digestive issues. I'm feeling better now, so I'm wanting to get my health and fitness back on track! I thought that it would be a good idea to chat with others who are looking to lose weight/get healthier, as a way to stay motivated. :)
  • iamjoegreen
    iamjoegreen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am Joe Green. I am 34 years old and I love to work out! I am a gym rat for sure! I love using myfitnesspal to help me keep track of my macronutrients and calories. I am new to this community thing but so far it seems pretty cool. I would like to meet people who are similar to me and can help me get to the next level. I want to be ripped !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been working on cleaning up my diet but could always use some new ideas.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I just joined MFP a few weeks ago, and I must say, so far, so good.

I have read/seen some pretty inspirational things on MFP, and I am looking forward to see what else is in store :)
This discussion has been closed.