Introductions!

Options
Hi all! I'm Annie and I love to read! :-) I'm currently reading A Storm of Swords (the 3rd book in the Game of Thrones series)

Replies

• tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love reading too!

I haven't read the that series yet, but I like fantasy books in general. I just ordered Neverwinter (the latest forgotten realms drizzt book) for the kindle. Unfortunately most of my reading energy has been towards school lately, but I'm almost done.
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Tara. I read EVERY day. I am currently reading 3 books. I'll be back later to add details.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I love reading too!

I haven't read the that series yet, but I like fantasy books in general. I just ordered Neverwinter (the latest forgotten realms drizzt book) for the kindle. Unfortunately most of my reading energy has been towards school lately, but I'm almost done.

I don't know that series? What's is about? I remember being in school lol I was so excited when I graduated that I'd actually have time to read for fun again!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Hi, I am Tara. I read EVERY day. I am currently reading 3 books. I'll be back later to add details.

3 books at once! wow! the most I've ever read at once was 2 lol and now I usually just stick to 1 at a time :smile:
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm Brad, and I've recently regained a love of books. I don't often get to read. I'm an audiobook kind of guy. Audible, and the county library are my friends. I'm currently listening to Game of Thrones, and the Steve Jobs bio. Both great books!

When I'm at the gym, I prefer to listen to books rather than music.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sarah, and I keep B&N in business ;-) Been in a bit of a ready slump lately, but I usually will go through about a book a day! Uber-bookwork here :-) Love anything by Nicholas Sparks and John Grisham, but I am mostly into Young Adult Paranormal books and series. Anything paranormal or unusual ;-) If it is a young adult paranormal series, more than likely it is on my bookshelf!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

3 books at once! wow! the most I've ever read at once was 2 lol and now I usually just stick to 1 at a time :smile:

This is totally me. . . I always have several going. . right now I am at about 3 as well. .I am going to school though and then I like to read Christian books and books related to weight loss.
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Renuka. I love reading too, these days I end up reading books on healthy eating and stuffs like that. Other than that I read non-fiction books on finance and business.. may sound a bit boring ..lol.. I sometimes read fiction books when im bored reading the same kind of.. These days I do not have much to do, so i end up in library the whole day..This is my fav pass time in fact..
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Maura.

LOVE to read. When I graduated law school I was super excited I'd have time to read for fun again. I love chic lit, most fiction, and thriller/mysterys.

Currently I'm reading Sandra Brown's Lethal, which I highly recommend. It's a thriller and sooo good!
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options

^^This sound like me Tara. I'm Ayla and I constantly have lists of reading, to-read, MUST READ AS SOON AS THEY COME OUT etc. I love romance, sci-fi and fantasy. I've just recently bought a kindle and love it. It has opened up a whole new world of books to me(this is a bit dangerous for my wallet though AHHH!). I actually read while I'm at the gym now using my kindle it's been great.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Noelle, longtime book lover! I'm currently getting my masters in library science, so definitely love talking books. Right now I am reading two books.

Joy for Beginners by Erica Bauermeister and Sing you Home by Jodi Picoult (my first book of hers).
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Barbara! I love reading! When I graduated from university I was so excited, that I'll have more time for reading fun stuff. I love chic lit, thriller, business. At the moment I'm reading something completely different, a book called "Russian Diary: A journey from the Chukchi Peninsula to the Red Square". I love to read while I'm working out at the gym!
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Sing you Home by Jodi Picoult (my first book of hers).

LOVE Jodi Picoult! I have read The Pact and My Sister's Keeper. She is almost like the female version of Nicholas Sparks for me :-)
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kellie and I love, love, love to read. :) I usually have 10 or 11 books going at the same time, mainly because there are so many out there that I want to read, I can't resist starting new ones before I've even finished the old ones. I love used books, new books, audiobooks, and I'm getting a Kindle for Christmas, so I'm about to love e-books, too. :) History, travel, fiction (the classics especially, but newer stuff, too), poetry, gardening, running, children's and young adult books... I love them all. :) I don't have as much time as I'd like for sitting down and reading, so audiobooks are my lifeline. Librivox.org is my drug... they are all free and they have just about any out-of-copyright book you could possibly want. Currently I'm listening to the Harry Potter series on audiobook again (I do this several times a year... LOVE IT!), as well as "The Ambassadors" from librivox. I'm reading "Clean & Lean Diet," "Born to Run," "The Courage to Start," "Anatomy of a Disappearance," "Bringing Nature Home," "The Well-Tended Perennial Garden," :) , "The Iron Kingdom," Augustine's "Confessions," and some others that are parked up on my bedside table.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jamie and I'm addicted to reading lol. Besides art, it is probably my favorite pastime. I generally only read 1 book at a time, but I'm an insanely fast reader so it's never an issue. I read whatever sparks my interest at the time, but my favorite genres include urban fantasy, fantasy, and horror. I'm currently reading "The Fire Eternal" the 4th book in Chris D'Lacey's dragon series. I know it's a kids book, but I love the series.
  • tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love reading too!

I don't know that series? What's is about? I remember being in school lol I was so excited when I graduated that I'd actually have time to read for fun again!

It's an old series that started in the 80's (maybe 1990). It's about a dark elf that can't come to terms with the evil ways of his race and comes to live on the surface world. It has about 20 books or so. The author is R A Salvatore. There is also a bunch of books about some of the secondary characters that were introduced in the series.
  • TaraDenise
    Options
    I purchased a book today, Food, Fitness, and Faith For Women, A 21-day journey to a new you. I have been working on staying focused on using my faith to help with my weight issues. Hopefully this will be a good book.
  • TaraDenise
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kellie and I love, love, love to read. :) I usually have 10 or 11 books going at the same time, mainly because there are so many out there that I want to read, I can't resist starting new ones before I've even finished the old ones. I love used books, new books, audiobooks, and I'm getting a Kindle for Christmas, so I'm about to love e-books, too. :) History, travel, fiction (the classics especially, but newer stuff, too), poetry, gardening, running, children's and young adult books... I love them all. :) I don't have as much time as I'd like for sitting down and reading, so audiobooks are my lifeline. Librivox.org is my drug... they are all free and they have just about any out-of-copyright book you could possibly want. Currently I'm listening to the Harry Potter series on audiobook again (I do this several times a year... LOVE IT!), as well as "The Ambassadors" from librivox. I'm reading "Clean & Lean Diet," "Born to Run," "The Courage to Start," "Anatomy of a Disappearance," "Bringing Nature Home," "The Well-Tended Perennial Garden," :) , "The Iron Kingdom," Augustine's "Confessions," and some others that are parked up on my bedside table.

I'm going to check out Librivox.org right now. Thanks! I still haven't read or seen any Harry Potter. I plan to start very soon.
  • TaraDenise
    Options

I am currently reading: Perfect Peace by Daniel Black, Peace from Broken Pieces by Iyanla Vanzant, Is Marriage for White People: How the African American Marriage Decline Affects Everyone by Ralph Richard Banks, One Day It'll All Make Sense by Common, and Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog by Lisa Scottoline.

Dang, that's five, not three.
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Amber and i'm always on the lookout for a good book but lately haven't really found any that caught my eye so looking forward to seeing what you all are enjoying.

Amber