Introductions!

Options

Replies

• writeranna
    writeranna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Anna and I love to read, and love to write. I'm a young adult author. My second book, OF TRITON, releases Tuesday May 28th and I'm super excited. I usually read young adult, but sometimes I read and write adult romance. My fave books are Shatter Me by Tahera Mafi and Divergent by Veronica Roth.

My publisher is sending me on a three week book tour in June and I'm super worried that I'll gain weight on tour. All the fancy schmancy restaurants should have at least a few healthy dishes right? And I've checked my itinerary in advance--all the hotels have top notch gyms. I'm just not sure how to keep my workout clothes from stinking up my suitcase. I'll be flying to 20 cities in 20 days, with very little "down" time.

I was thinking of handwashing in the bathroom sink and hanging to dry in the hotel room...I just can't forgo exercise on this trip. Any suggestions?
  • eagergirl
    eagergirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm Tami. I am an avid reader as well! Right now, I am currently reading "The Elite," which is a young adult novel. I am also rereading the Left Behind Series, and I'm on book three. I am a teacher's aide, so I'm off for the summer. I have several books on my waiting list, including the last in the Sookie Stackhouse books :( and Happy Happy Happy by Phil Robertson!

I'm leaving for a long trip in the car next week, heading to NC, so I'm sure I'll get a ton of reading done then! YAY!!
  • eagergirl
    eagergirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anna,

I am definitely going to have to check out your books! They were listed on my "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought..." list on Amazon :) Currently, I'm reading the "Selection" series, which I really enjoy. I will definitely check out yours as well!
  • DancerGal08
    Options
    I'm Barbara, new to MFP, write short stories and love to read! I was about to start "Tin God," but realized I need to clear "World War Z" and "Under the Dome" before seeing the movie and mini-series, respectively. It will be a busy and word filled summer. :smile:
  • KikigetsSkinny
    Options
    Hi I'm Kiki!
    Love to read and trying to kick fats *kitten*!!
  • AskingTooMuch
    AskingTooMuch Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Richelle, and I've just started 'The Weight of Water' by Anita Shreve. So far it's great! I love hearing about new books, and new authors!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Kathy and I can't believe I haven't found this group earlier. I love to read and enjoy all kinds of genres. The only ones I'm still struggling with are crime and scifi.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm Jane, I'm English. I read all the time - sometimes more than one book on the go at once! I love nothing better than curling up with a good book, and my cats. (I used to include chocolate and wine with that but not so much now). And I carry a book with me whenever I travel. Never enough time for reading IMO :smile:
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Claire. Once I loaded MFP onto my kindle fire, tracking was easy because I always reading. I enjoy fantasy, British mysteries, classics and just good reads
  • clairedrose
    Options
    Yes! Books, cats, chocolate and wine....heaven. I also have to keep the last two in check now.
  • clairedrose
    Options
    Hi, I'm Anna and I love to read, and love to write. I'm a young adult author. My second book, OF TRITON, releases Tuesday May 28th and I'm super excited. I usually read young adult, but sometimes I read and write adult romance. My fave books are Shatter Me by Tahera Mafi and Divergent by Veronica Roth.

My publisher is sending me on a three week book tour in June and I'm super worried that I'll gain weight on tour. All the fancy schmancy restaurants should have at least a few healthy dishes right? And I've checked my itinerary in advance--all the hotels have top notch gyms. I'm just not sure how to keep my workout clothes from stinking up my suitcase. I'll be flying to 20 cities in 20 days, with very little "down" time.

I was thinking of handwashing in the bathroom sink and hanging to dry in the hotel room...I just can't forgo exercise on this trip. Any suggestions?

Wonderful that you are going on a book tour! On a recent trip I brought a set of drip dry workout clothes and tucked them in an outside pocket of my carry on. Wore my sneakers when traveling. Patagonia has quite lightweight clothing.
  • Laac68
    Laac68 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi, I am Latosha in south central PA. I am currently reading, Unglued Devotional by Lysa TerKeurst.
  • divathinmuffin
    Options
    Hello. Megan here!! LOVE the classics, Austen, Bronte, ****ens, Neitsche, etc. etc. Fantastic!
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Helen from the UK and I love reading! I have stacks of books and a Kindle, plus I download audio books (I spend a lot of time travelling) so I can have 3 or 4 books on the go at any one time. I'm studying part time for an English Language and Literature degree which has only fed my passion, so my tastes are eclectic to say the least!
  • astattonhunt
    astattonhunt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Angela I'm from Missouri I'm currently unemployed so reading is something I can do without spending too much money. My husband says I'm a book addict, lol I say i spend less on books than he does on his running, so go run and leave me alone. He's one of those people that will eat like 2000 calories at dinner and it's okay because he burns it off running miles and miles.

I hate running, I used to run when I was in High School on the cross country team. I ran 8 miles a day, all I have to show for it now is bad knees.

I get to start my exercise program this week, I'm thinking riding my bike and the gazelle. I can read while I'm on the gazelle, just hook my e-reader in the stand. lol. I can also go find a nice little place under a tree to read for a bit on my bike before returning home to read some more.

I am studying to take my GRE test to get into a Master's program so that is taking up some of my reading time, but what can you do, I love learning almost as much as I love reading.

Right now I'm reading an Amanda Ashley Book Embrace the Night. I really enjoy paranormal romance and mystery, however, fantasy, and SIFI work their way in there sometimes. I have started trying to read some of the classics as well finished Jane Eyre, and thinking about the Jane Austin books.
  • astattonhunt
    astattonhunt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

I was thinking of hand washing in the bathroom sink and hanging to dry in the hotel room...I just can't forgo exercise on this trip. Any suggestions?

Anna,

You may check with the hotels your at, many have laundry facilities, that either you can use yourself or pay to have them launder your clothes. I have many business friends that travel and they just do laundry at the hotels.

My daughter is 17 and writing her first book, I think it's pretty good. However, I am her mother and a bit bias. I'm going to send you a friend request, if you don't mind, my daughter is on Myfitnesspal as well and I'm sure having a friend in the biz will be a great joy for her.
  • JoDesaLyn
    JoDesaLyn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow readers :) My name is JoDesa...I am kind of new to fitness pal..My sister in law has gotten me to join and I am trying to become a healthier me as most of ya'll. I also LOVE to read, I could spend my whole entire life just doing that :) I have just finished four books: "Under The Dome" was the most recent, "Eat Pray Love", "Time Travelers Never Die", and am looking for another good read...Good luck to you all!
  • meredith0414
    meredith0414 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hola! My name is Meredith. I'm 25. I just graduated from law school (yesterday in fact) and I really want to get back in shape. Finishing up law school while trying to study for the bar really did a number on my weight gain. Now that I have more "me time" while I search for a job, I want to get back in shape and finish a stack of books that have been waiting for me since my LSATs. Currently, I'm reading Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore. I really hope to meet friends and find a supportive community while I get back on track. Feel free to add/message me with reading recommendations because this stack won't last very long :P
  • Sunnydale14
    Options
    Hi! I'm George, I'm 23, and I'm from Somerset in the UK. I read voraciously, always have, and studied Literature at University. I like all kind of books, but mostly fantasy and sic-fi. I'm currently reading The Two Towers.
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Currently, I'm reading Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore.

I've read Lamb and It's A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore and loved them both. How is Sacre Bleu?