Introductions!

Options

Replies

• sfidler84
    sfidler84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

I've had my fitness pal account for a couple years, but dropped off using it fairly quickly. I'm back and I'm finally ready to change my body for good. I have struggled with weight issues for about 10 years now. After recieving a diagnosis of PCOS, my hormones decided to go crazy and it's been an uphill battle all the way for weight loss.

One of my favorite things to do is to read. I read just about anything, as long as it catches my attention. I also love to watch Glee, and dance around to their songs. Zumba has really helped give me more energy to get through my days! My sister-in-law and I have been doing aqua zumba and I have the Zumba exhilirate to do at home.

I have tried just about everything to lose weight, and get discouraged very quickly, so I need all the help and support I can get!!

My starting weight was 264
    My current weight is 250
    My goal weight is 145-150.

Thanks in advance for all the help and support!!

Stephanie
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone book lovers in this group! :) I'm so glad I found the group. It's always nice to be in agroup of like-minded people. ^^ My name is Viktorija. I'm originally from Lithuania but I'm now studying and living in Scotland. I used to read much more when I was going to school and lived in my home country but since I came here, to Scotland, I somehow started not to manage to fit reading in my daily routine. I feel very sorry for it because I still like reading so much and I'm upset I don't read that much as I used to do. Because of this, I joined the group because I feel I need some extra encouragement to come back to my old reading habits. :}
  • kemahbreeze
    Options
    Hi fellow book lovers! This is my first MFP post, and I'm using it here on the book lover's group! Hmm, what's that about?? Where are my priorities? Truth is, audiobooks have kept me churning and burning on the treadmill for 9 months now, and I credit them for part of my success in losing weight.

I like smartly written, engaging books that make me laugh, think, or cry.

Current listen:
    Death Without Company by Craig Johnson

Recently listened to:
    Gods & Beasts by Denise Mina
    In a Strange City by Laura Lippman
    Defending Jacob by William Landay
    Suspect by Robert Crais

Upcoming listens:
    The Gate Thief by Orson Scott Card
    Six Years by Harlan Coben

I'm looking forward to lots of good posts and friendly discussions with you all. Now ... I'm off to the gym, iPod charged up and ready to go!
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm Kai (or Karen, I answer to both). This is my first post at MFP. I'm currently reading Calculated in Death by J.D. Robb. I love the series. I get most of my books from the library and have made a goal for myself that unless it's raining on a day I have a book due, I am going to always walk to the library and back. That way my reading actually helps my lifestyle adjustment. I read a lot of different types of books.mostly it depends on my moods and what my book club is reading for the month. I wish everyone happy reading and great success!
  • Erin959
    Erin959 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I've recently reignited my passion for reading, mostly due to the fact that I now have to commute about an hour to work (instead of walking next door). I love reading proper books, however my mum bought me an e-reader because I'm going overseas next month and it's so much easier, and lighter, then packing a whole bunch of books.
    I'm really into fantasy books, Raymond E Feist is one of my favourite authors. I've been branching out into crime and thriller, as well as paranormal fantasy (although WAY over the whole vampire thing).
    I used to get into trouble at school all the time because I'd be reading under the desk rather than pay attention. Looking forward to meeting you all
  • rachael116
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rachael. I also love to read! I take the train to work, so I'm able to read during my commute, which is great.
    I am currently reading 'Beyond Black' by Hilary Mantel and recently finished The Liar's Club by Mary Karr and Three Bag's Full by Leonie Swann. My favorite genre is probably epic fantasy/sci-fi, but I read other genres as well. I love my kindle, but I really enjoy reading actual books as well!
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sarah. I'm an audiobook addict. I listen while i paint. :-)
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Catherine and as well as reading I like acting and photography and I am currently reading Les Miserables by Victor Hugo and judging by the thickness of that book I may be doing so for a long time :)
  • casserroll
    casserroll Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! Song of ice and fire readers, are you as frustrated with George rr Martin as I am for his slow writing pace?!
  • sunlily130
    Options
    Hi, I'm Autumn! Last week, I was reading for pleasure and it was great. I get 93% of my books from the library because thee isn't any point in buying them for me. I don't like to reread a book until I've mostly forgotten what it's about. I like sci-fi, fantasy, romance, adventure, all decent YA and the occasional interesting biography. Currently, I must read a book for school called The Glass Castle. It's actually very good. It's the author's life as told by the author and I would believe it to be fiction if it weren't for the fact that it states otherwise. It's unbelievable, really.
  • sunlily130
    Options
    I skipped through most of the descriptions straight to where things got interesting.
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Hello, I'm Catherine and as well as reading I like acting and photography and I am currently reading Les Miserables by Victor Hugo and judging by the thickness of that book I may be doing so for a long time :)

Hi, I'm adniL. I am a sometimes painter and I love to read. I am very picky about what I read though. Les Miserables is one of my all time favorite books ever ever ever. I will read it again someday. I hope you like it.
  • pedraz
    Options
    Hi My name is Sandra and I love reading and I love discussing books. My book club is going to read:
    The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared [Paperback]
    Jonas Jonasson. Apparently it's good and some Year 12 boys read it and told me it would make for good for discussion
    If anyone else would like to read it I would be happy to chat about it.
    Here is a description from Amazon that I found:

It all starts on the one-hundredth birthday of Allan Karlsson. Sitting quietly in his room in an old people's home, he is waiting for the party he-never-wanted-anyway to begin. The mayor is going to be there. The press is going to be there. But, as it turns out, Allan is not...Slowly but surely Allan climbs out of his bedroom window, into the flowerbed (in his slippers) and makes his getaway. And so begins his picaresque and unlikely journey involving criminals, several murders, a suitcase full of cash, and incompetent police. As his escapades unfold, we learn something of Allan's earlier life in which - remarkably - he helped to make the atom bomb, became friends with American presidents, Russian tyrants, and Chinese leaders, and was a participant behind the scenes in many key events of the twentieth century. Already a huge bestseller across Europe, The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared is a fun, feel-good book for all ages. Translated by Rod Bradbury.

sounds good!
  • pedraz
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sarah. I'm an audiobook addict. I listen while i paint. :-)

what are you listening to?
  • annethom13
    annethom13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi all im Annemarie and i am a book addict, have been since little, reading helps me deal with my b.e.d, pcos and anxiety a little better.

Im currently reading the the Frankenstien series by Dean Koonitz.

feel free to add me as a friend as im always looking for extra support

Anne x
  • MARSHABEEDY
    MARSHABEEDY Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Marsha and I also love to read. Right now I am reading The Hit by David Baldacci. I have waiting for me James Patterson #12. As you can see I love murder mystery but that doesn't mean I don't like a good comedy or drama. Really the only books I do not enjoy are Sciene Fiction on those Harlequin Romance. Never got into them. But my thought is, as long as you are reading, really don't care what it is. Always looking for new authors and interesting books to read. Doing well on MFP lost 5 pounds this week. Really excited.
    Marsha
  • shrn3kid
    shrn3kid Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sharon and I also Love Love to read... Right now I am reading F is for Fugitive by Sue Grafton.

I will read just about anything..

I have a stack of books next to my bed and a bunch on my kindle waiting to be read.. I do seem to be able to read fast enough.

Friend me if you would like.

Happy Reading
  • Kissynn
    Kissynn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cindy. I love, love, love reading. I try to read as much as I can, but haven't gotten much of a chance lately. I am looking forward to summer. When I'm not logging my food or trying to exercise, I will be reading. What's a good read?
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love books, too! I learned to read when I was 4 and never stopped! :)

I am reading Roald Dahl's short stories now (LOVE them) and last book I read I can really recommend with all my heart is The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared.
  • cgarliepp
    cgarliepp Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi, I'm Caron from Santa Barbara, CA. I recently joined MFP and just joined this group. I also love to read; have ever since I was a little girl (and I'm almost 60 now). I'm currently reading two books: City of Thieves and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - true story about a woman whose cancer cells were taken from her body, without her knowledge, in the early 1950s and have been bought and sold ever since (the cells continue to reproduce to this day) for medical research. Yet her family is impoverished & can't even afford their own health insurance. It's an amazing story that reads as easily as a novel.

Feel free to friend me if you're willing to share your daily diary (as I like to get ideas from how others manage their calories).

Happy reading!