Introductions!

Options

Replies

• moonracer3
    Options
    Hi, I'm Melissa I am an avid reader spanning many genres and styles. I also own a Nook Tablet and most of my collection is on there. My favorite authirs include Stephen King, Diana Gabaldon, George R.R Martin among others. I will admit I am also a history buff and of all the books I own(including samples) I would have to imagine that my history shelves are the most populus. Feel free to friend me all are welcome.
  • IvyWhispers
    IvyWhispers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love reading but I study music with literature at uni so every spare moment is spent trying to cram as much Shakespeare, Marlowe, and Sidney into my head until we leave this topic :')

Don't have much time to read for myself at the moment...but during the summer I read the Inheritance Series, the Hunger Games Trilogy and Dracula :') loved every single one of them :')

Before my essays started I managed to read the 100 year old man who climbed out of his window and disappeared...and a crime/mystery novel set in Tudor England called Sacrifice....both completely different and equally compelling :)
  • JustasiaS
    JustasiaS Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I'm Justi. I was reading The Girl Who Played with Fire...but my poor Kindle died a horrible, painful death. I don't really stick to one specific genre - I read anything that strikes my fancy. My "to read" list is huge and I hope to get through more of it when I figure out a way to either fix or replace my poor little Kindle.
  • QueenGreb
    Options
    HI I am Erica and I love to read, but I am new to it. I would love some suggestions, I love Chistopher Moore, Harlem Coben, and I don't particularly like non-fiction. My most recent reads are The matched trilogy, Fifty Shades of Grey (love love loved it!), Snow Flower and The secret Fan and there are more but I would like to know everything hahah! I have a Nook and I love it so much! I cant wait to see what you all have to suggest. Thank you
  • AmyReads22
    Options
    Hi, my name is Amy. I love to read. I'm getting ready to start "The Twelfth Child" by Bette Lee Crosby.
  • zhiking
    zhiking Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm a librarian by profession so yes I love reading! Oh if you want to read an odd book read :
    The Family Fang: A Novel by Kevin Wilson very strange like a good 70% of it.
    I read the first 3 Harry Potter books and then stopped, I'm thinking of starting up again with "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" - My copy is a hard back so it must weigh 5 lbs will be a drag to take back on plane! but hopefully worth it ;)
  • smcneely6202
    smcneely6202 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am definitely an avid reader. It's been great reading all the posts from other readers. I really like thrillers and mysteries, a good romance, and nonfiction too. I read Destiny of the Republic by Candace Millard and have been begging B&N to stock her other book. Other authors I like include Patricia Cornwell, John Sandford, Vince Flynn, Dean Koontz, Diana Gabaldon, just to name a few. While I read series I've found recently that they tend to run together i.e. Cornwell's Scarpetta books and Sandford's books so I have to break and read another author in between. I've been considering Preston and Child since their books appear to be quite interesting.
  • krisldybg
    krisldybg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kristy. I am currently reading Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and discussing books. :)
  • jemhologram
    Options
    Hi
    Im Jem. I LOVE reading. My mum is a librarian and is a big reader too. I have to read everyday and read each night before bed. I love all different kind of books depending on the mood i am in at the time!

My eldest child (6years) is a huge bookworm too, his fav toys as a toddler were books and he has an incredible thirst for knowledge as well so he often reads non-fiction books. We are currently in the middle of reading Geronimo Stilton books and Roald Dahl books
  • uniquesarah
    uniquesarah Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    hi im sarah im 34 and im from england i love the hunger games books just read book 1 and have started reading the moganville vampire books i love vampire romances like twlight but also love a good chick book like brifget jones etc.
  • PatriciaToney
    PatriciaToney Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My name is Tricia, I have just joined MFP and I have always loved reading. Currently I am re-reading "Healthy Living From the Inside Out" by Mariel Hemingway. It is an awesome down to earth book that everybody can use.
  • Faery61
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Donna and I love books and reading. I constantly make lists of books that I'd like to read and add them to my library/kindle list. Even though the kindle is awesome (I got one for Christmas), I really love books...holding them, turning pages, using bookmarks. My dream job would be working in a bookstore or library.

Currently I am reading J.K. Rowling's "The Casual Vacancy" and enjoying it very much.
  • kirby34puckett
    kirby34puckett Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I'm Lindsey, and like everyone who is in this group, I love to read. I will literally read anything and everything, even if I end up not enjoying the book. I love finding out which movies are being made based on books and then read them beforehand to compare. As I'm sure most of you have said a million times, the book is always better. Like I said before, I read everything from Twilight to John Greene books to Harry Potter and weird ones that most people never even hear of. I love Brad Meltzer and J.K. Rowling, and think that Stephanie Meyer is some freaky kind of genius (werewolf in love with a baby? who gets people to love that?!). Anyways, I read actual, physical books as I do not have a Kindle. I just think that I love the actual book so much that I would not enjoy a Kindle. I also have to buy the books that I read and can't sell them afterwards (I have a miniature library in my room, it's pathetic). I am currently reading It's Kind Of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. (feel free to add me)
  • beccahel
    beccahel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Becca. Like everyone else here - I love reading. I hate to leave a book half way through. I've just started Oscar and Lucinda by Peter Carey. So far I'm enjoying it. I'm haunted by a pile of books that I got cheap a couple of years ago and haven't got around to yet. Problem is I can't resist a second-hand bookshop!!
  • usedtobeskinny
    usedtobeskinny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kim and I always have a book (or my Kindle) shoved in my face. Have books stashed everywhere and usually have 6 or 7 going at one time. I'm a book junkie.
  • mandyhuot7
    mandyhuot7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Mandy and I'm fairly new to MFP and figured I would get active and join a few groups. This one caught my eye because I love reading. My favorite books are mystery novels, biographies, and self-help/spirituality books.
    Some of my favorite authors are Mary Higgins Clark, Kathy Reichs, and Joanne Fluke, but in reality I like pretty much anyone who writes a good murder mystery!

I also have written three books myself, one a "Christian Romance-Fiction" type book, and the other two are part of a 4 book series, which is a murder mystery type book that is loosely based off of Law & Order:SVU. They are available on lulu.com, as well as in download format at both Barnes and Nobles & Amazon.
  • Sandra59
    Sandra59 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Sandra and I love reading and I love discussing books. My book club is going to read:
    The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared [Paperback]
    Jonas Jonasson. Apparently it's good and some Year 12 boys read it and told me it would make for good for discussion
    If anyone else would like to read it I would be happy to chat about it.
    Here is a description from Amazon that I found:

It all starts on the one-hundredth birthday of Allan Karlsson. Sitting quietly in his room in an old people's home, he is waiting for the party he-never-wanted-anyway to begin. The mayor is going to be there. The press is going to be there. But, as it turns out, Allan is not...Slowly but surely Allan climbs out of his bedroom window, into the flowerbed (in his slippers) and makes his getaway. And so begins his picaresque and unlikely journey involving criminals, several murders, a suitcase full of cash, and incompetent police. As his escapades unfold, we learn something of Allan's earlier life in which - remarkably - he helped to make the atom bomb, became friends with American presidents, Russian tyrants, and Chinese leaders, and was a participant behind the scenes in many key events of the twentieth century. Already a huge bestseller across Europe, The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared is a fun, feel-good book for all ages. Translated by Rod Bradbury.
  • tallmaclady
    tallmaclady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I 'm Jennifer and I love to read! I love old, worn and smelly paperbacks but I also HEART my Kindle. :wink: I love to read murder mysteries, crime fiction, historical fiction, biographies, pretty much anything. I would love to hear any suggestions that anyone would have. Currently, I am reading The Book Case by Nelson DeMille.
  • krysrayn
    krysrayn Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm Rachel. :smile:

I'm a fellow bibliophile. I enjoy fiction and can usually be found with my nose stuck in a book, electronic or otherwise. I'm currently rereading the Honor Harrington series by David Weber in preparation for the release of the newest book in the series, Shadow of Freedom.
  • genthehen78
    genthehen78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am currently reading The hundred Year old man who climbed out of the window and disappeared. It's a cracking read although because I am studying at the moment I don't have much time to read for pleasure. This one is highly recommended though.