Introductions!

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Hi HealthyMaria :) nice to see another SP member here.
  • Hanoverlady1
    Hanoverlady1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, it's HANOVERLADY from Sparkpeople. Just checking in to say I'm here. I look forward to participating more when I get the hang of this new site.
  • LadyCalico2
    LadyCalico2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello, it's HANOVERLADY from Sparkpeople. Just checking in to say I'm here. I look forward to participating more when I get the hang of this new site.

So good to see you again! We're all still learning.
  • Btrflydog
    Options

Happy to see you here - I've been over here since SparkPeople first announced it was shutting down and still trying to figure it out. I do really like the food/ exercise trackers.
  • SunnyDays60
    SunnyDays60 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow readers and MFP members…I am currently using Libby thru my public library and enjoying the audiobooks mainly. I am reading Zoo Station by David Downing. First historical fiction novel in the John Russell series.
  • GwynLeder
    GwynLeder Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am GwynLee and yep I am a reader --- been a reader since I was a kid. I am in a book club
  • FitMary202
    FitMary202 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    GwynLeder wrote: »
    I am GwynLee and yep I am a reader --- been a reader since I was a kid. I am in a book club

Looks like I never posted here, although I've been around for a while. I too am a former Spark People "refugee," now a happy MFP resident. Welcome, GwynLee! Seems like the most traveled part of this group is "what are you currently reading." I'm always fascinated by the answers and I've gotten some good ideas there. Be well!
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    FitMary, you sound familiar. I was on SP as BeccaBoo127!

I've been reading since I was young child. I love it. Sometimes, I watch movies, preferably foreign movies or BBC series.
  • mikedee_nyc
    mikedee_nyc Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Mike in NYC. Love sci-fi/fantasy. Currently reading Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie
  • Catfish_Fan
    Catfish_Fan Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Mike in NYC. Love sci-fi/fantasy. Currently reading Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie

Hi Mike! Welcome! I love SFF too, my go-to genres (although I love many other genres as well). I read The Blade Itself by Abercrombie this past January, but it was the wrong timing for me so I stopped the series right there. I will revisit that series because I have heard such great things about it and the author, the book was not bad but I was not in the right mood for it when I read it. You'll have to let us know how Best Served Cold is, it is on Mount To-Be-Read and I own the kindle version.
  • mikedee_nyc
    Options

Hi Mike! Welcome! I love SFF too, my go-to genres (although I love many other genres as well). I read The Blade Itself by Abercrombie this past January, but it was the wrong timing for me so I stopped the series right there. I will revisit that series because I have heard such great things about it and the author, the book was not bad but I was not in the right mood for it when I read it. You'll have to let us know how Best Served Cold is, it is on Mount To-Be-Read and I own the kindle version.

Hey Catfish. I jumped back into reading this year after discovering book tube and loading up my tbr based on recommendations. Started off the year with Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson then jumped into the First Law trilogy by Abercrombie. First Law is definitely more grimdark then Sanderson. I know grimdark is not for everyone but I enjoyed it very much.
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    Hi Mike - welcome to our little group.
  • mikedee_nyc
    Options
    Btrflydog wrote: »
    Hi Mike - welcome to our little group.

Thank you
  • FitMary202
    FitMary202 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, @mikedee_nyc ! I've read more sf this year than the previous 5 put together so I'll be reading your reviews too!