angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    so happy I found this group haha

:) love to read! will read almost anything
    currently reading: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi I"m Alice. I love to give & get motivation here, so feel free to add me as a friend.

I'm currently combining my two loves: reading & running by reading Jeff Galloway's Guide for Running lol
  • mmambs
    mmambs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm Marcy and I spend my days as a librarian, so naturally I love books! I read pretty much anything but am not such a big fan of science fiction stuff, but if someone I trust gives a sci fi book two thumbs up, I'll give it a try.

Currently reading:
    Versailles - Biography of a Palace by Tony Spawforth
    The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
    Pillars of Hercules by Paul Theroux

looking forward to getting suggestions for great books to read!
  • apachemom4
    Options
    Hey everyone I am Brandie,I love to read I just got a new kindle fire and am excited,I just started Angel time by Anne Rice I am a big fan of hers hopefully this new genre of hers is just as good.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Howdy, I'm Faith. I'm a huge reader with a Nook and a city library that has downloadable media. Heaven? Very possibly. I did, however, take advantage of some B&N gift cards this weekend. I bought Cassandra Clare's Clockwork Prince from her Infernal Devices series. And I bought DD Barant's Better Off Undead from her The Bloodhound Files series.
  • Hambone23
    Options
    Hello all! Im not new to MFP but new to the boards and such. I've been using the app for awhile but need some motivation real bad so here I am. Currently reading a werewolf romance on my iPhone I got for free (go iBooks) and Gena Showalter. My faves are anything my Sherrilyn Kenyon, Tess Gerritson. Pretty much paranormal romance and fantasy but I love trying new genres so please feel free to share.

My mom sends me all her Sherrilyn Kenyon and Gena Showalter books. Along with a slew of vampire romances, which my boyfriend calls my vampire pr0n.
  • Hambone23
    Options
    Ugh. This needs an edit option or something so I'm not constantly posting. The Black Company series by Glen Cook has to be one of my favs. I'm conflicted on reading Game of Thrones. I'm part way through it after having seen it. So I don't know if I want to be surprised or not later. Also if you like werewolf series try out Rebecca York's Moon series. :}
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to MFP and I love reading. So many books, so little time. Fave writers are: Christopher Brookmyre, Ben Elton, Chuck Palahniuk, Christopher Fowler, George Orwell and tons more that aren't leaping to mind right now... oh and I'm totally obsessed with the Harry Potter books.
    Currently reading 'Quiet Ugly One Morning' by Christopher Brookmyre
  • 2Big4MyBritches
    2Big4MyBritches Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Jodi, and I love to read. In the colder months, you can usually find me curled up with a quilt and a cup of coffee with a book in hand, and in the warmer months, I'll be lying on my porch swing with a glass of sweet tea and a book. I go back and forth with the type of book I read. I love Nicholas Sparks, John Grisham, James Patterson, true crime, mysteries, inspirational fiction, self-help, gardening and crafts, cookbooks, biographies, autobiographies...and the list goes on... I just finished a book today, so am trying to decide what's next. :smile:
  • modine43
    modine43 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hi just reread the curious case of the dog in the night time by mark haddon, started east of eden by my fav author john steinbeck, like the stephanie plum series for some laughs, it jump the shark fom book 13 but its a no brainer.confession of a gp is good as well
  • Ide_tiffany
    Options
    Hello, I'm Whitney. I have just joined MFP. I have been/ will always be a book worm! I have 8 books on my bed side table at the moment and a few other scattered around the house. I'm rereading Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
  • Lighann
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm new to MFP and the first thing I look for is fellow readers on any site (lol)!! I'm an avid reader of romance, paranormal-romance, historical romance, and a few Teen Paranormal Series (ie. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, which is AMAZING, the Twilight Series, which was okay, and I'm currently on the last book for Eragon) I read lots and I horde all of my books so I can re read them at a later date. I suppose one day I will have to get an e-reader, but I'm not too keen on those.

Uh, so a few of my favorite authors are Lara Adrian, Shayla Black, Kresley Cole (she is out of this world awesome!!), Alyssa Day, Sherrilyn Kenyon (whom I've met and is quite lovely), Lora Leigh, Marjorie M. Liu (another REALLY great writer), Diana Palmer, and Gena Showalter.

I'm currently reading Lothaire by Kresley Cole. Seriously, if you're into paranormal GET HER STUFF! She also writes historical.
  • LisaRN9
    LisaRN9 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lisa and I am a total book *kitten*. Meaning I am not selective, my book tastes are cheap and easy. If it has words and a plot, I will read it. One reason for my "loose" ways is I read incredibly fast. I have been reading adult novels since fifth grade and have not stopped since. I'll read it if it is highbrow or if it has no intellectual merit. ..be it historical, fantasy, paranormal, self -help, chick lit, young adult,or indie. Currently, I am enjoying a slew of indie authors like S.C. Stephens,Jamie McGuire, and E.L. James. E.L. James' Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy is really entertaining! S.C. Stephens' "thoughtless" and "Effortless" were so good that I did something I have never done before; I finished them and then immediately re-read them.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-6480243
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting into paranormal romances. I've read "the vampire shrink". But truly could use a recommendation to a few good writers.
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Options
    Well hello there, fellow bookworms!

I'm so excited to find a book group! If I have a cup of tea and a good book, it's a good day. :D

Anyway, I'm Katie, I'm 24, and I'll read most things, really. I'm usually a fiction kind of person, but I'll read the occasional non-fic, especially if it's psychology related. My favorites are usually sci-fi and fantasy, but mystery and horror are great, too.

Some of my favorites:
    Harry Potter series (JK Rowling)
    The Hunger Games trilogy (Suzanne Collins)
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
    The Bartimaeus series (Jonathan Stroud)
    anything by Steven King
    The Sookie Stackhouse series (Charlaine Harris)
    His Dark Materials series (Phillip Pullman)

And the list goes on. And on, and on, and on.... :D
  • alyecat
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alyson! Reading is definitely my addiction! :)
  • rondua82
    Options
    Hi. I'm new here. I have been looking at many groups trying to find something that suits me. And I found it! I loooove to read. A combination of book and imagination is better than any movie. Good luck to everyone in reaching goals! I hope to share not only thoughts about good books, but also ideas about how to stay motivated :)
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Sharon, I've worked in libraries since I was 13, at the moment I work in a scientific library so I don't take as many books home to read as I used to :frown:
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am Tracy and I am a bookaholic!
    I absolutely love reading and will read anything even the telephone directory, lol. (Remember those)
    Seriously though I love everything, but particularly crime, light paranormal, romance, history, fantasy. I very rarely read non-fiction although I am studying, so I read a lot of textbooks too. Looking forward to getting to know you all.