2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Yeah, CUTMD, so good to see you back here! Are you doing a 6-8 hour eating window?

I had such good intentions this week but I got sick and didn't manage a workout so far. I think I can get to gym tomorrow, I feel ok right now.

I tried on some stuff for my Costa Rica trip and it wasn't totally discouraging so I just need to keep my diet in check.

I haven't been drinking since Saturday, so that is something. I had pho for dinner, I think it is pretty low cal but can't be totally sure...

My husband is quitting his day job, Jan 17 is his last day! I am excited for him, but it's scary too. I think I can get him on board with a beach countdown challenge. I know planning is key, and saying no...
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I hate people who say they can maintain even lose eating 3000 calories of junk including fast food. That's still horrible for you!

Beeps- this IS my year. I can feel it for so many reasons :happy: my daughter had piano last night too. And I read that article and pretty much believe it. I know I have lost weight so many different ways but it had always come down to calories in calories out.

Shannon- I have been weighing everyday and I must stop! It is messing with my head. I WILL NOT check again until Fri. I think I might check twice a week and record 1 day.

Amy sorry you haven't been feeling good. I think I would FREAK out if my husband left his job, which eventually I know he plans to do. He wants to start his own company.

Everyone else, yeah, good job, keep it up. :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    Amy - is your husband moving into consulting? Or will he be an entrepreneur? Inquiring minds wanna know. I think a "beach-body-ready" challenge, between you and your hubby, could be sorta FUN, right?!??!?!

kclynch - lol @ the "junk including fast food" rant....I'm totally okay with eating "horrible" food, as long as it is within my alotted calories! My BIGGER problem is so much "horrible" food contains sodium and it seems to be sodium which REALLY my body isn't too keen on.

kclynch - yep, GET OFF THE SCALE. Once per week is koo-koo enough. Once per month will likely lead to peace-of-mind. Get out that tape measure! Start snapping some selfies!! It's time to use some OTHER metrics to help you focus your mind on the path you really want to be ON for 2014!

I'm going UBER-low in calories, today, in part because "date night" is now Wednesdays and I want some tid-bits of yummy food for supper! I'm also going to lift, today, so because I'll be completely fasted and no hope of eating calories (until supper), I don't think I'll be banging out any PR's today....

My "NO EXCUSES" challenge is keeping me VERY HONEST for January, 2014 - which I really like. No, I do NOT think my human condition could have me carrying on this sort of challenge forevermore, but I TOTALLY think I can do it for 3 more weeks!

BOOM!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Quick check in here as lunch is almost over..... Looks like everyone is doing great! I am doing well too. My diet has been pretty good this week. Not hitting macros exactly, but I am staying within calories. I ran 2.75 miles on the mill yesterday despite my cold that is coming on. I tried to run it away yesterday to no avail...... I hope to wake up and lift in the morning. It's been so cold here, the thought of going to my non-conditioned basement gym was too much. It's now in the 20's, so I should be able to bear it tomorrow.

I agree with max once a week weigh ins. I did daily weigh ins over the summer just to see how much my weight fluctuates day to day, and it was a 2 pound sway over the course of the week. I am back to Thursday morning weigh ins so we'll see if I made any progress tomorrow. I'm a little nervous and excited too. Have a great day ladies!
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    L—great job, keep up the good work!

Beeps—hope you enjoyed the piano lesson! I sort of regret not keeping up with it. Glad to hear your NO EXCUSES challenge is keeping you honest!

Amy—hope you’re feeling better! And nice job on not drinking! Those calories definitely add up. That’s exciting about your husband! He does comedy stuff, right?

Kelly—this is definitely your year! You got this!

Ashley—glad to hear your week is going well!

I’m having an okay week. Not so great on cutting out the sweets, but I did manage to log everything yesterday by doing some catch-up logging this morning. I was way over, but at least I was honest with myself. It was super cold out yesterday so I didn’t exercise (other than walking as part of my commute, which is probably 30 minutes of walking altogether), but I did get in a walk today. Tomorrow and Friday I’m off from work, so hopefully I’ll be able to exercise a little more. My family will be visiting this weekend which will make exercise harder, but I should at least be able to fit in some lifting in the basement.
  • amysj303
    Options
    My husband will be doing comedy full time. We don't have kids and my job is pretty stable, we have an affordable house and our cars are paid for and we've saved up so that he can quit his soul-sucking job and be open. I think of it like a sabbatical, I don't expect him to make a living at comedy this year, exactly, I just didn't want it to get harder to stay in something that made him so miserable. He might decide he wants to do something else, who knows?
    So, I am not as worried about the money as I am about how I will adjust to having him home, when he is home, or if he will travel a lot and I will be lonely and scared:frown:
    I weighed today, I guess it's ok-no change since before christmas, but the highest I've ever been, so I hope I can shed a little fat before bikini beach time.
    My husband will be helpful with trying to plan healthy dinner choices and not drinking with me, he might drink at the comedy clubs and stuff but he doesn't drink just sitting around, like I do! He is going to the Bronco game with a friend on Sunday so I'll workout and get a massage or something, non-drinkie:wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    RisontheRun - you don't have to "regret" not keeping up with piano....whenever you're ready to dive back in, I'm sure there will be teachers willing to accept your coin! I like the teacher, so I liked the lesson. "Back to Basics" for me for a bit, which is totally fair and I'm fine with it. Hopefully in a couple of weeks (or months) I'll be playing pieces I like!

Amy - you're being a very helpful and supportive spouse - I hope your husband REALLY appreciates what a JEWEL you are! Also, "congrats" on the NO weight gain over the holidays....that's pretty AWESOME!

I got my lifting in-and-done....now I'm going online to try and plan a calore-reduced supper for date-night at the restaurant my husband chose....wish me luck!
  • amysj303
    Options
    thanks, Beeps, as far as compliments go-"he is so lucky to be married to you" is one I never tire of hearing:wink: It's kind of a joke because everyone is always telling me how lucky I am because he such a great husband, but people tell me that he is lucky, I am like TELL HIM! so I will pass that on...
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well. I had a terrible day yesterday, which led to me eating a really cheesy casserole and having ice cream while watching Biggest Loser. Sigh. Anywho - I decided to give myself yesterday to feel sorry for myself and do some damage, and the rest of the week to just be. I will get back on the proverbial horse next week when things calm down. I have decided after much consideration I will be getting back on Weight Watchers for a few months as it really worked for me last time, and it's pretty clear that counting calories hasn't. We'll see!

I tried to go lift today, but the gym is SO busy I could hardly get a free weight. I am going to run a few miles on the treadmill tonight to at least get something in, and I know even though I don't want to do it, it will make me feel better. I'm off to Texas in the AM and am bringing my workout clothes with me. I hope to at least get one trip to the gym in while I'm there.

@Amy - How great that you can be so supportive! You'll have to show us some YouTube clips when he gets famous. Cute pic btw!

@Better - good luck with the weigh in!

@Ris - I admire your catch-up logging, I usually just leave stuff out :)

@Beeps - Have fun on date night!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ....my (date-night out with hubby) supper will be "Mixed Greens, Slow Roasted Tomatoes, Caper Vinaigrette, Fried Capers" followed by "Grilled Beef Flat Iron Steak Applewood Smoked Sea Salted Caramel, Bourbon & Herbed Mushrooms"...OH YEAH, OH YEAH!!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    @Beeps- Sounds freaking amazing!
  • L_in_NY
    L_in_NY Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies! Well I didn't do too great at working out this week. I have gotten 2 in so far and my minimum goal is 3x/wk. But I've been under my cals everyday so thats good. Keeping up with drinking water is a challenge. I just get so busy during the day that I forget.

I hope you all have a fantastic day! Keep up the good work!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I slept in again this morning. I don't even know if I turned my alarm on actually. I actually thought last night, "did I turn the volume up"....thought "no" and rolled over. Ive got a cold and waking up all congested in a cold house makes it really hard to get out of bed. Maybe tomorrow morning. I have only worked out once this week. I just need to get back in the habit of lifting two mornings a week.

The good news is, I had my second weigh in of the year and I dropped 1.5 pounds of most likely water weight. I'll take it. We also are planning a short trip to Phoenix in February, so I have something to work towards!

Also, I think we are going to take a few months off of "trying" for baby #2. Mostly because I'm selfish and don't want to be on maternity leave in the middle of the winter for 3 months. I'm pretty sure I'll go insane at home with a brand new baby and a 3 year old cooped up in the house. That means, the next three months I need to kick some serious *kitten* in the workout department.

Have a great day!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Ashley- that is so funny that you don't want to be cooped up all winter. We "planned" baby # 2 around my work schedule. I wanted to have a baby in March/April so that I could be off until Aug and only take a month or two of maternity leave. Of course Addi was 3 months early so it didn't work out. Congrats on your weight loss!

I am staying off the scale until Sunday. with tom in town, I don't want to be discouraged!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    lol @ planning babies around work-schedules....my *plan* was to make sure I didn't have winter-babies because the choices for birthday-parties are yucky, lol. (ok, that isn't totally true....) I had/have a Winter Birthday and nobody has any energy, EVER, to do anything....

My babies were born in July, August and (due in September, but born) October 1.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Ok good....I'm not crazy for attempting to plan my kid's birthday then. Daphne was born end of January and I just got really lucky with unseasonable warm February weather. I was walking with her at around 4 weeks in a jacket!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yes January b-days stink. I can't believe I have to plan my daughter's party for the 25th after just getting coming out of the holiday season, plus she just got a ton of presents so I have no idea what to get her.

So I had a nasty fall in a parking lot on Tuesday night. Nothing is broken, but I sprained my wrist & two fingers badly so that kind of messes with my exercise plans. I'm not in a ton of pain, but I am really frustrated.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm if you are in one of the cold parts of the country. Be safe!
  • jlove_814
    Options
    My name is Jill and my 2 week goal is to stick to my calorie range and not blow it like I always do when I'm stressed. Also to start getting some regular exercise.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Normally, our coldest months are November and January. This year, November, December and up until just now, January have ALL been SUPER-cold and SUPER-snowy. Bummer.

Today, I lift!

I also have to weigh-in...
  • amysj303
    Options
    Abi, that's a drag about your fall. I hope you heal quickly and maybe have someone to sue:happy:
    and for those "planners" I remember hearing once, God laughs when you make a plan:tongue:
    I worked out the last two night! I still feel a little sick, but not sure if it's cold or allergies now...

My husband is on board for healthy eating, I think we will start after his last day of work, which is 4 weeks before Costa Rica, which is a nice round number.

Remember the thigh gap crap? Well, I just heard about the "bikini bridge" which is if you are wearing a bikini and laying on your back, the bikini doesn't touch your belly, you have space beneath from hip bone to hip bone! pretty silly...