2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• xenl
    xenl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Goals for the next two weeks:

1. Continue running every other day (so far this month I have kept to that - even when the weather was not that great)
    2. Start Insanity. I think I might be crazy running and doing Insanity but I have the time to do both and feel I have the endurance to do both.
    3. Figure out my real TDEE by utilizing a HRM for my workouts over the next two weeks. It'd be nice to figure out my actual calorie burn and use that to figure out how many calories I really need to be eating each day. Right now, I think I am under.
    4. Kick butt. Take Names.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    I'm glad "NO EXCUSES" challenge is over in 10 days....frankly, I'd like to make some excuses, lol!

My 2-week goals:

1. 1,350 calories per day. I have one dinner out on Friday that I need to bank some calories for! (My dinner out on Tuesday is gonna be a salad....)

2. lift 3 x this week. Sounds uncomplicated....but, my Wed is so jam-packed I can't lift, so I'll have to find time on Tues or Thurs.

3. drink a bit more water....

4. Go to bed earlier. When I did THAT consistently, I slept LONGER....my sleep is WAY too disrupted this week!

5. Brush teeth after dinner....I slacked on this this past week and I had 3 evenings that I ATE for no good reason. Back to basicS!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am in a horrible funk. I just can't seem to get out of it! I have put the scale away, as I am obsessed! I took measurements but I can't find my notebook with all my old measurements. I know to get out of the funk, I need to eat better and workout.

2 week goals
    1. 3 home workouts
    2. Yoga class at work 2x
    3. Walk at lunch on Wed - only day I can
    4. Increase veggies/ fruit decrease processed food
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I unfortunately caught a stomach flu last week - so any hopes of working out were dashed. I did manage to lose 2 lbs since I didn't really eat anything for 5 days, but I'm expecting it to come back this week with normal eating (but hoping it won't :) ). With that being said, I also didn't double track last week - so hopefully I can start that this week and see where it puts me.

Beeps - cute dresses. P!nk deff has a bad *kitten* bod.

Amy - horray for hubs last day - hope you had a good celebration.

xenl - great goals.

Kc- I hear you on being in a funk, I really hope weight watchers can get me out of it :)

Shander - I haven't started yet since I got sick last week. I think I will have to this week though!

That's all I can see :)

My Goals for this week:
    1. lift 3x - this will be hard for me since I have plans almost everyday after work
    2. Cardio with my lifting
    3. Water
    4. Double log

Have a great week!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    kclynch - I do think you should stay off the scale for awhile...it really isn't the metric you need to be tracking. What "inputs" can you pursue, to become HABITS?!?!?! (i.e. drinking 10 glasses of water per day is an INPUT; eating 3 cups of romaine lettuce, per day, is an INPUT....)

ramalem - with careful (deficit-calorie) planning, you can TOTALLY leave those 2 lbs behind!! Keep your water intake VERY high!!!!

Well, not sure this is a NSV or not....I was doing my work-out today, and the place I was standing, in the gym, looks across the running track and on the other side of that, is the mirror I was using to watch my moves! Anyway, during a break in my deadlifts, this old codger is walking along the track and he comes over to the railing that I'm standing behind. I remove my earphones and he says, "...you must be the FITTEST PERSON IN THIS GYM!"

And I respond, "...well, I don't know about that..."

And he interrupts and says, "...you're in here all the time!! How often do you work-out??"

And I respond, "I am only here M/W/F and sometimes Saturday..."

To which he then says, "Oh, well I'm only here M/W/F....I thought you must work-out everyday!" And then he kind of mosied away....

I guess I am NOT the FITTEST PERSON IN THE GYM unless I'm working out everyday, ROFLMAO.

...in any event, I'll accept that I must LOOK like I'm the "FITTEST PERSON IN THE GYM"....as you ALL know, it's the LOOK that I'm after, anyway, not necessarily the SUBSTANCE, lol...
  • jitsuda
    jitsuda Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Great goals, ladies :)

Beeps - Take that as a HUGE compliment!

I am suffering a bad peptic ulcer attack right now. (First time in 3 years :(( )
    Humble goals for the next 2 weeks ..

1. Take Prevacid everyday
    2. Try to stay under 1500KCal/day.

There's a Zumbathon next Saturday and hopefully I will feel better before then :)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    My scale is hidden and it feels great! I will pull it out on Sundays ONLY. I'm not going to lie, I have become obsessed with the scale and that may be impacting my bad moods. Yesterday, I ate great, especially since I didn't work. I worked out, did 5 loads of laundry and shampooed my living room, hallway, and one daughter's room.

Today, I will not be able to do yoga at school because my daughters piano lesson got switched this week. I will go on Thurs and do a make up with a DVD this weekend. They are doing Jillian Michaels.

Beeps- that's funny. I am sure you are the fittest person I'd your gym, at least on M/W/

jig- sorry about your ulcer. I know my friend has to cut certain food out of her diet to help her.

ram- sorry you got sick. I hope some of the weight stays off, but in my experience, it usually doesn't. Sounds like great goals!

Oh, my new am trick....see. I get up, but end up working instead of working out...put on my workout clothes, then get coffee. Set timer on my phone and when it beeps, workout. I have to drink coffee before I workout. I get on pinterest and wok on lesson plans while I drink my coffee. This is one of MY FAVORITE things to do and I refuse to give it up. But I just have to stick to 20 min, not an hour plus so I can still workout. After two workouts, I feel amazing!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    kclynch....I think regular work-outs are truly the KEY to so much GOOD STUFF! Better moods! More energy! Better sleep-habits! Good for you! (and, I'm glad you've hidden the scale. For me, for 2014, I'm only permitting 1 x per week scale-reading. Hopefully, by 2015, I can reduce that to 1 x per month. It's time....
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Beeps, I saw P!nk in Denver Sunday, Truth About Love Tour. It was awesome!
    Weekend was pretty good. Friday we went to sushi but didn't eat much, grabbed another drink and had a taco.
    Saturday I didn't drink but went to a movie and had popcorn:ohwell:
    Sunday was the Pink show, and I did drink some vodka-sodas.
    I got out for a jog around the lake Saturday and Monday, on Sunday I did a "SleekSculpt" workout on demand and it was really challenging, I was surprised! I thought about buying the dvd and amazon was sold out!

I weigh in tomorrow. This week I am trying to stick with 1400 cals per day and workout daily.

I am going to do a sort of cleanse on this upcoming Sun/Mon/Tues. It's called a warming winter cleanse, it's just no caffeine, no alcohol and no red meat. There's an eating plan for the three days and it sounds pretty yummy, instead of breakfast you get a warm "shake" like gingerbread chai and peppermint hot chocolate. Soup for lunch and dinners are: quinoa-stuffed squash, coconut fish, and steamed chicken and broccoli.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Amy, I bet P!nk would be a fun show. I have never seen her. Speaking of P!nk.....that makes me think of Jenomaha. Where has she been!? I'm interested to hear about your cleanse. Have you done no caffeine before? I tried once and I had a headache for three days. So I drank some coffee. I am a coffee addict. I don't drink tons, like 2 cups a day. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE coffee!

Kelly and Beeps, I agree with weekly weigh ins. I used to be obsessed, stepping on the scale most days of the week, and it affected my mood so much. It's just a number. The End. I do Thursday morning weigh ins. Monthly weigh ins sound nice too.

Hope those of you not feeling well (bugs or ulcers) feel better soon!

I had an okay weekend. I didn't drink too too much. Maybe a little more than I should have Friday night. I reread Flowers in the Attic last week in preparation for the Lifetime movie remake (which was pretty cheesy....of couse so was the book). And I got really into the book and just kept pouring glasses of wine. I was a little sleepy Saturday morning, but it went away pretty quick. We ate a lot of meals out/take out so I had more salt than I wanted. But I got 4 miles in on the mill Saturday and walked Sunday. So I got my all 3 of my cardios but only 1 lift. I was off yesterday and got a 3 mile stroller run plus some walking in and I lifted. I am good and sore today. I should be on track to get 2 more lifts and another cardio in for sure.

Have a great week all!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I have been obsessed with the scale lately also. But, right now it is working in my favor because it keeps going down! I am sure once I reach pre preg weight it will level off and get discouraging. But as of now I will enjoy it :wink:

I am also a coffee addict, but when I was pregnant the taste and smell made me nauseous! I am so happy to be enjoying my coffee again!

I had a decent week last week. Sunday was a cheat day and I splurged on some carbs. Yesterday My husband and I were both off, and when we are off together I tend to cheat so it wasn't the greatest. But, it was a really fun day!

I did a workout this morning for the first time in a week. My back is feeling better, but I still took it really easy. That is my plan for the rest of the week with workouts. Diet should be pretty good through Friday. Saturday and Sunday we are going with some friends to a cabin where they have an indoor waterpark for the kids. Should be fun, but I'm sure there will be some snacking and drinks, but I will do my best.
  • amysj303
    Options
    OMG, Ashley, I saw the previews for Flowers in the Attic remake, reminded me of reading all those VC andrews books in junior, they were pretty cheesy-and scandalous-back then!
    I see Heather Graham is in the remake. I saw the previews because I was watching the Anna Nicole Smith story on Lifetime :embarassed:
    It was pretty bad, but it was sad, I had sort of forgot her son overdosed and died in her hospital room when she gave birth to Dannilynn, her life was so short and tragic!

I have not tried to go caffeine-free for awhile. I do drink coffee and green tea but I don't seem to notice if I skip it, so hopefully I don't have a headache. I really don't think caffeine is bad for you, and is probably good for you in a lot of ways. this cleanse also avoids "nightshades" and I had to read up on that, it's a type of plant, of which there are many including tomatoes and egg plants, and I guess because they produce a toxin to avoid being eaten when they are unripe, so some people are sensitive to them, but of course, as humans we just don't eat them unripe because they taste bitter. An example is a pepper. Apparently, green peppers are just the immature form of a red pepper, so a green pepper is more bitter, and probably contains more of the toxin.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I was LATE to the VCAndrews series, but when I FINALLY! got my hands on it, I was RIVETED....I think my daughter would actually LOVE it, but the whole brother-sister coupling is a little unnerving, so I'm waiting a couple more years...

I didn't realize they were making a movie? a series? but, holy-moly....it would be CHEEZ-BALL for sure. Some things are better left in the minds of the young + restless, no?!?!?!?!

Also, I JUST found out that I have to be at a formal gala next FRIDAY.

omg

So, I'm TOTALLY glad I've been in a "NO EXCUSES" challenge all month. BUT:

1. I'm not even sure I have a ball gown that would fit me (I've shrunk!); and
    2. even if I borrow from friends (I have a couple friends who go to many formals, like myself)
    3. I really want to GET MY SCALE-WEIGHT ALL THE WAY DOWN

for this ridONKulous ball.

10 days.

maybe could do the 1 x protein shake per day plus 1 x chicken salad per day. The end. For 10 days?!?!?!?!

dunno.
  • SanfordRoberts
    SanfordRoberts Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    HI just found the mfp site and hoping to have it make a difference.
    I'm 49 and would like to use a few pounds really just to wear some of my clothes that I've 'outgrown'.
    I am married and have a 14 year old daughter. I am on a 30 day challenge of working out for at least 30 minutes a day.
    I do yoga twice a week, strength training on Saturdays and Zumba once a week. I would like to add another day of strength
    training.
    I'm on my second week of a low sugar, low carb and whole food 'eating plan'. I don't like to use the word diet in front of my teenager.
    I'm currently at 138 pounds and 5'-5" tall. I feel healthy, but would prefer to be more toned and lose about 8 pounds.

also, I was obsessed with those trashy VC Andrews books when I was in high school. I remember reading them on Church bus trips and passing the books around. We even read them out of order because we couldn't wait!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    So funny about all the VC Andrews past interest! I forgot how many books there were. I think I read the whole Dolanganger series (that started with Flowers in the Attic.) I have to say despite the cheese and trash factor (and incest factor) the book was very easy and entertaining to read. Maybe because it's geared at pre-teens? Anyways, I was pretty close to buying Petals on the Wind on my Kindle but stopped myself. :smile:

I've been thinking I've been off on my macros. I aim for 40/30/30 (carbs/protein/fat), but I was just looking back and I've been more like a 33/33/33 split. Except on weekends when I drink more and eat more takeout and have 40-50%+ carb intake. So I'm pretty happy with that. I am feeling really good today. My pants actually feel a little looser than normal. I'm hoping to see some movement on the scale tomorrow. I'm going to take advantage of the new gym equipment in the office gym at lunch today. Daphne's birthday is Saturday and we're having a party, so not sure I'll get many miles in that day. If I lift Sunday and wake up early tomorrow or Friday, I can be free Saturday. We'll see how that goes.....

Hope you're all having a great week!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I also was a VC Andrews fan when I was younger & in fact I still have all the books - debating keeping them to let my girls read as they were pretty racy, we'll see. Amy, I could not go without coffee, but the rest of that cleanse sounds good. I tried giving it up one year for Lent & it was awful. I was miserable & felt like I was in a fog. I even ended up making some big mistakes at work. I ended up finding an energy drink to get me through the holiday, thankfully I just gave up coffee & not all forms of caffeine or I might not have made it.

Beeps - hope you find a gown that fits & good luck over the next 10 days

Chloe - good news that your back is doing better, good idea to continue to take it easy

Even though my wrist is fine now I still have not managed to get any workouts in other than my dance classes. I need to get back to weight lifting especially. I have to figure out how to get to the gym at hubby's work as it is free & they have a good selection of weights & equipment, plus its usually empty. I used to work there in the accounting department & even though it's a manufacturing company the men were all gentlemen, so I never worry about who ends up in the gym with me. My old gym sometimes had creepers in the weight room, yuck!

Have a great rest of the week!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My Vera Wang size 8 sample FITS....so, that's fine....I'll take some pics and post here.

Meanwhile, i usually go to 4- or 5- formals a year, so it's time to go GOWN-SHOPPING!! Good time, actually, since New Year's dresses should be on sale....and grad season hasn't arrived yet, so hopefully prices will be decent!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I'm jealous, Beeps, I wish I had formal events! I was going to suggest rent the runway, I never tried it but others have had great success and they send you two so you wear whatever fits and send it back in three days:)

My lower back hurts. Not sure if it is the new workout-I started phase 3 of the Drop 2 Sizes. I might just do some exercise to make my back feel better tonight.

Loving the hubby not working! I came home last night and the kitchen was clean and he made a healthy dinner-pork tenderloin with veggies and brown rice and even said, "all this only cost $14!" and he seemed happy. so, all that is good!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Amy - I should do 2 things:

1. see if "rent-the-runway" is available in Canada; and

2. see if women on my Venus website, who USED to be size 8's, but perhaps they've dropped down to size 4's or whatever....have formal-length gowns they are prepared to part with.

I really should do THAT.

Amy - are you stretching after your work-outs?? Rolling?? Drinking enough water??? ALL those things affect whether my back feels GOOD or NOT.
  • scthemis
    Options
    OK ladies - I'm in~ The end of the year was terrible for my healthy eating plan, but now, my husband is part of a weight loss challenge team at work, so he is in to healthy eating now, which makes it easier to cook that way! I am married with two children. Therefore, I either go to work very early and work out before work or I have to do it after they go to bed. BUT, I am Motivated!

My goals for the next two weeks are:
    1. Get moving and move for 30 minutes every day.
    2. 8 glasses of water every day
    3. Stop eating after dinner

I turn 40 this weekend and we are having a big party so I'm trying to be realistic in my goals. I plan to celebrate big, but my mom is coming in town for the party and is going to help me make several delicious but healthy things for me to be able to have during the party!