2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Sorry about all the breastfeeding talk...no more of that I just needed some advice :wink:

As for the stroller just think of it as running resistance...you don't necessarily have to have a baby to use one :laugh:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,964 Member
    Options
    I am home sick. Fever, then chills, then fever, then chills.

Hard to sleep because everything aches. Everything.

I have NO appetite, but am drinking plenty of water, coffee and green tea to stay well-hydrated.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Beeps - sorry to hear you are sick, get well soon!

Amy - I am interested to learn how your new workouts go, haven't yet had a chance to look into the info you posted earlier

Chloe - I am also waiting anxiously for the warm weather to come so I can get outdoors & run. It is just way too hard with the weather lately. It's not just the cold but the wind, it makes it hard to breathe

Better- I also cannot get out of bed early enough to work out first thing

Ris - hope you manage to find a way to work in the exercise, I know it's tough

My wrist is doing way better so I will have to try to get back to doing planks, push-ups, etc. I was able to do handstands up against the wall last week in my Modern dance & my yoga classes without a problem so I should be okay.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips and inspiration, ladies! It's not like I don't already take some time for myself in the evening after the baby goes to bed, so I really need to just stop making excuses and.just make the time to lift. Running is harder because I don't have a treadmill and I don't want to go when its dark out, but hopefully I'll have more opportunities as the days get longer. And I do have a BOB, so I have no excuse not to run on the weekends! I have been using it and I love it.

Amy--ha ha yeah there has been a lot of talk about babies, sorry! I love how you're always trying new things. Let us know how it goes!

Beeps--I hope you feel better soon!

Abigail--Glad to hear your wrist is better.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Ris- when did you start running with the baby with the BOB? I had a friend tell me I need to wait until he is 6 months and his head control is really good. It's been so cold, that I wouldn't have been able to take him out anyways, but this weekend is going to be 60 and he is only 5 months and its not like I run that fast anyways.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am at work, but feel VERY terrible. I will see if I can last the day. I can say that I have no appetite and am drinking green tea like it is going out of style.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Beeps, I hope you feel better!

The new program is a download. It is proposing working out about 5 days per week, alternating between Explosive (lifting at as high of a velocity as possible to generate maximum force on the bar. This activates the maximum number of motor neurons in the muscle) and TUT” (time under tension) which emphasizes purposely lifting at lower speeds and squeezing surrounding muscle groups to maximize prolonged tension to the muscle and the surrounding muscles.

There is a calorie estimator and it suggests goal weight x (# of days you workout+9.5) and that's more than I am eating now, but then I might subtract some workouts...

I will try it for awhile and let you know what I think.

I went to the ENT yesterday. He wants to fix my deviated septum. He think if I breathe better my allergies won't bother me so much. I use flonase and zertec pretty much all year. Has anyone had experience with anything similar? I don't see how breathing better will improve my allergies at all!

Also I took the body fat test at the pharmacy, the handheld device, it said 21.5% which is good, last year it was 27%. Probably not terribly accurate but it was reassuring anyway.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Amy - I don't understand, either, how fixing a septum might improve an "allergy"....which is technically an over-response to something you touch/breathe!!

I am VERY impressed with your bodyfat calculations, Amy!! Take 'em and hold 'em dear!!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    I think fixing a deviated septum opens up the airways more so you can breath better - it won't change or lessen the allergic reaction but will just make it easier to breath so you aren't bothered by the allergies so much. I had mine done a long time ago for other reasons but the biggest change for me was I slept a lot better because I could breath better, especially lying down.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Hope you are all doing well. I've had a pretty good week. I've been under my calories everyday except probably yesterday. I have not logged it yet. I had a friend in town, so we had cheese, fruit, and cocktails mid afternoon when she arrived. Then some chips and salsa and margaritas, and then pork carnitas with homemade tortillas. The only thing I had prior was half a piece of French toast and a green protein shake after my very quick workout. Yesterday was non stop running errands, cleaning and food prep.

I put on a pair of jeans that at the beginning of the year gave me serious muffin top and I am on my skinniest belt hole today! I'm actually looking forward to my weigh in next week. So I want to keep going strong this weekend. I may take some updated measurements next week too. We'll see.

Not much planned for the weekend. HUGE basketball game for my team tonight. UK vs. UL in the Sweet Sixteen. I live in Louisville but am a Kentucky fan since I am an alumni and my husband was born and raised a Cats fan. I hope they both bring it, but that we bring a little more. I have a 2 hour hips and hamstrings yoga workshop Saturday I'm looking forward too. Have a great weekend ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Have a great weekend! I am at work, but barely functioning. I have NO doubt I will be LOW on calories this week - I think I have literally ingested 1,000 calories since MONDAY. Zero appetite. Water level is nice and high. I am not sleepy, just completely exhausted. Can only shallow breathe.

Ugh.

No work-outs since Monday, as one can imagine....

See you Monday!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Definitely rest up, Beeps, and that yoga sounds good Ash! There's a place here in Denver that has a Sunday deal for $30 you get an hour of hot yoga, half hour guided meditation then an herbal elixer to sip while in the steam room or hot tub. I wanna try it sometime.

I am going to start my new workout this weekend:) I have been "resting" until then... I mean, doing nothing:ohwell:
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Beep- yuck! I hope you feel better soon!

Amy- That sounds like a fabulous Sunday! you should do it!

Ashley- I am jealous of your disappearing muffin top!!! Post baby has left me with one that I never had before and I am not loving it!

I have had an ok week. Pretty much around calorie goal all week, some days a little above and some a little below. I did my 3 Chalean workouts MWF and ran on the treadmill T and Th. For the weekend I will probably get on the treadmill tomorrow. And then Sunday is supposed to be 60 and sunny so I am thinking I will get out for a run with the pup in the morning.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Let's...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    roll...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    this....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    thread!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I guess it is time to start back into "2-week-challenges", too!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    And, decide if *star* challenge should run through April, as well?!?!?!? Thought?!??!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I have the flattest tummy i have ever had! I guess that is what not eating for days does to you.....anyway, am on the mend and determined to NOT chow down and lose the progress this terrible cold/ flu provided!

Am going for a walk with a gf today. Can't manage much more as energy levels remain depleted.

I am sleeping well and the fever has subsided.