Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    kclynch...lol...
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had a great week until....yesterday. I just ate and ate yesterday. I was 542 over for the week. Today, I restarted T-25 with some friends on here. Vacation count down has begun....14 weeks. Who think I can lose 14 pounds in 14 weeks??????

I don't think you can lose 14 pounds of fat (that would be 49,000 under maintenance), but you can probably lose enough to improve the way your clothes fit:happy:

I am going to try an Orange Theory class tonight. That should burn 400 calories so I can have some drinks.

I started my period yesterday too, Beeps. I definitely crave more sweets and fats.

I was a little over yesterday because someone gave me a donut after I had my breakfast. I was still hungry after dinner and made peanut butter cookies and milk.

I really wanted to drink. One of my kitties, Skeeter, got out on Sunday and hasn't come home. When I went looking for her last night I found half of a dead cat in a field and I thought it was her but my husband looked and he said that cat had a green collar and Skeeter's is pink. Still, I feel nothing but dread. I feel terrible, and helpless:cry:
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Amy - I'm so sorry about your Kitty. I will be keeping you and her in my thoughts today!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the kitty Amy. :frown:

Kelly...ha! I just did the quote thing so it copied your text verbatim. :smile:

I wanted to snack last after dinner night which is not typical. I didn't use my calories wisely yesterday. I have all these crunchy salty things leftover from the weekend..... So I was a little over. Not terrible. And I just had a sort of big lunch complete with a small piece of chess pie. It was so sugary it was crunchy.

I've got yoga tonight. Tomorrow I may bust out 6 week 6 pack and do a little lifting during nap time as the weather is still not consistently spring like here. Thursday I am planning on running at lunch (since it will be spring like) and hopefully get in a run after work Friday too. But my afternoon meeting may be taking place at a bar, so the run may not happen. :drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did an OXYGEN kettlebell work-out...used 8 kg kettlebell, which was too light, but that wasn't the point. My quads 100% took over in the lunge department....I have to just QUIT lunge-ing. Ugh. I desperately do NOT want DOMS tomorrow to interfere with my Venus work-out (which, for me, are the ones that DO matter). I think I will keep trying kettlebells, though....it was a fun diversion and only took, like 40 minutes, which was AWESOME for me! I did stretch for longer and even used a rumble-roller, but my quads are ALREADY screaming at me. Booooooooooooooo.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Amy - sorry about your cat!! Yikes....you must be very worried!
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Amy - I'm so sorry about your cat! That's always terrifying.

Beep - what is the venus workout?

I'm hoping to be able to go bouldering today, if my knee doesn't act up. :( *grumbles* I hate having this stupid patellofemoral pain syndrome. It sucks.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    This is NOT an advertisement....just to be clear....venus is an online subscription program with work-outs that you can either download as an app, or, if you are a dinosaur like me, print-off and take with you to the gym.

www.venusindex.com
  • EmmiDahling
    EmmiDahling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Amy, I'm super sorry about your kitty. I know how nerve wracking it is.

I did week 6 beginner level of YAYOG tonight, pull muscle super sets. I have the rest of my night pre-logged and am sitting at a surplus of 60 but am a little worried about being able to eat it all. I have my settings at maitenance, but after a workout I try to aim for a surplus of around 250 cals. If I'm too far under, I'll throw in another egg with breakfast tomorrow. Sometimes my fitbit adjusts down by about another 100 after I go to bed though.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Thanks all! no Skeeter yet but I am trying to stay positive. I actually called a pet "intuitive" and she said that her reading is that Skeeter is ok, not in danger and not coyote lunch. She said she is in an alley, maybe with other cats. Weird, but strangely reassuring for what it's worth. I walked the alleys and shook her food but no sign.

I did get to Orange Theory, it is a tough workout! You go from rowing machine, to floor, TRX, weights, then treadmill and keep your heart in the orange zone. I liked the music and it seemed ok, probably not worth the cost, but probably good for like warrior dash, for cardiovascular fitness.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I'm way behind . Starting this week I'll be back to work 5 days a week (it had been 3), so hopefully I'll be able to keep up. I just don't think to check in when I'm not in front of a computer.

Last weekend I went away for a bachelorette weekend for a good friend of mine. First weekend without the baby = lots of booze and bad eating. I finally went back and logged what I ate on Sunday (at least everything I can remember, and I tried to round up on portions to make up for anything I may have forgotten), and I was 1,162 over for last week. So a bronze star for me. Thank goodness I got out and ran a few times, and we did have a few healthy meals in over the weekend.

So I'm sort of in detox mode. I haven't had time to go to the store so I'm relying on packaged food more than I'd like, but I'm going to skip on the booze for a few nights and then try to wean myself off the sugar. It doesn't help that I brought back a bunch of donuts from the weekend, but my rule is going to be that I'm not going to buy any more desserts until I've gotten rid of the weekend's fluff and am back to my pre-weekend weight (I was up three pounds this morning). If it's not sitting in the house tempting me I won't eat it.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm too far behind to comment on everything, but I'm sorry to hear about your kitty Amy! Hopefully she just wanted to explore the wild outdoors for a while and is making some friends. A good friend of mine had a cat who ran away from home for a few years and then recently came back home. One day she just walked in the door and plopped down like nothing happened.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Emmi - I like the idea of pre-logging...some days I do this, but most days I don't. I do bet if I tightened THAT up, I WOULD see a better scale result!

Amy - Orange Zone sounds interesting....keep posting, I want to hear if you get BORED by it, or if it keeps you ENERGIZED.

Ris - skipping dessert sounds like the right solution! Good luck with the 5-days-per-week, I know that is an "adjustment".

TODAY, I LIFT!

Ris - how funny that kitty came home!! Let's hope Amy doesn't have to wait a few years and, with luck, kitty will be back home very, very soon!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Sorry about you cat, Amy! Do you have coyotes or something in your neighborhood?

EVERY time I prelog, I stray and it's such a pain to delete and redo.

Ris- Going back is hard at first...but you CAN do it! :smile:

I had something else to say but I can't remember....

Happy Hump Day!
  • amysj303
    Options
    We used to have fox, I saw them all the time 3 years ago but then lately I have not seen any so I thought they had gone away. I live in a very urban area of Denver but with the lake I think there is wildlife. I have seen raccoons, but they live everywhere!

Beeps, I don't think I will stick with Orange Fitness, I just got a one-time pass to check it out. It's $25 to drop in. I think it is really challenging. My friend went with me and she said she didn't love it. She felt a lot of pressure and pushed herself too much I think. There's a lot of really fit people in their, no one who isn't, really...

I just added some more exercise burn because my initial estimate was way too low-considering my average heart rate was 150 for an hour!

Ris, I sometimes rely on packaged food because it's easier to track. Mike is out of town this weekend for a bachelor party in Vegas and I don't have any plans beyond happy hour Friday so I should be able to have a reasonable weekend.
  • EmmiDahling
    EmmiDahling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ris - There is some junk I can have in the house and completely ignore, but donuts are definitely not on that list. They are sooooo good and not at all filling. I think you're on the right track with removing the temptation.

Beeps - How did your lifting go? What program/routine are you using?

Amy - Orange doesn't sound like my cup of tea either. Congrats on your burn!

Today was YAYOG beginner level week week 6 day 4, core supersets. The next two days are rest days. My mom is visiting this weekend. She's totally supportive, so the food intake shouldn't be too bad.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hey ladies.

Amy, I hope the pet lady was right and your kitty comes home soon. :flowerforyou:

Ris, good to hear from you. I hope your transition back to full time goes smoothly.

Emmi, I like the idea of pre-logging and sometimes will pre-log dinner, but don't make a habbit. Good for you!

Hi Kelly! You've been rockin the workouts.

Beeps, I just use a 15lb KB (which after Googling I see is less than 8kg :smile: ). I am STILL sore today from my Sunday workout. Mine is in my glutes, hams, and inner thighs. All places I need work!

So I think I am going to switch up my workouts for the next 5 weeks. I did that KB workout Sunday and really enjoyed it and feel like it is working me in a different way than I have been for a bit. I did level 1 of 6week 6pack yesterday and my abs are definitely feeling it today. I like those workouts because I am doing more of an interval workout (so HR gets up and I can get a decent burn) but I'm also working muscles, albeit with lighter and/or no weights, but still working. So my plan is going to be to keep my 2 runs (mostly because I love to run and it makes me feel good), my yoga class (which incorporates weights), and 2 days of 6 week 6 pack, 30 day shred, my standard HIIT workout, or the KB workout. I also want to try to work on my deadlifts during this time still. Maybe like once or twice a week just go down to my gym and do a few sets. I really feel like I'm lacking in this move. I can squat 135 (maybe more; I have never tried a single max rep) but I struggle to deadlift 115. Weird...... So that's it. That's my plan. After that I most likely I will spend the following 6 weeks before my vacation doing 2 days of running, my yoga strength class (our next 8 week session starts next week), and lifting heavy 2 days. I think it's good to switch things up. And hopefully a little more cardio centered and interval training will aid in my fat loss.

My eating has not been great this week. I know I need to fix this. I did not weigh today because we had salty fried fish for dinner last night. I plan on weighing tomorrow morning instead. I sort of expect to see a gain. :sad: However my midsection is looking better than it has in months, so there's that.

Have a great day all!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Ris- Good luck with going back to work full time. Are you still planning on breastfeeding/pumping?

Amy- I hope you find your kitty!

My calories are going to be high this week. My breastmilk supply is plummeting and I am wondering if its because I have lost pretty much all of the baby weight and my cals are too low. So I am going to see if eating more helps. I am finishing up C25K this week, one more run left!

So my plan for the next 12 weeks is Chalean Extreme, I am going to get my basement set up with my weights this weekend. The program has interval workouts and cardio, but I am going to skip those. I am just going to do the 3 lifting DVDs each week and try to get in at least 2 runs each week. No real goals for food until I figure out this milk supply issue.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Amy - when I am "low-calorie-ing" it, I TOTALLY rely on protein shakes and protein bars. Measured calories with 100% accuracy....which is what I NEED when I am tracking to lose bodyfat.

EmmiDahling - my lifting goes well....it usually does - I'm regular as can be! I am doing Venus Index....repeating Phase 2 of it, just now, because it is fairly upper-body heavy (although I am in week 2 and, so far, it's been TONS of lower-body, which I didn't remember from when I did it last year....) - and I want upper-body right now to make sure my arms/shoulders are completely ready for spring/summer tops and dresses!

Better - your work-outs look like A LOT of work, lol!! Great news on a belly that is looking fantastic!!

Chloe - I don't know anything about breastmilk supply.

I FINALLY succumbed and bought 2 pairs of jeans (online)....they are ONE size smaller than what I am wearing, which, I thought, were a little too roomy for my comfort. However, the jeans arrived yesterday, and I CANNOT button them up. Soooooooooooooooo, ugh, I am now (again!) committed to losing those pesky 5 lbs....ugh, ugh, ugh.

I really am NOT liking the calorie-deficit thing....I feel weary and tired about it all....but, I am doing LOW-calorie for 5 days, I am NOT stepping on the scale this week (it just won't help me feel better about myself right now) and I will RE-EVALUATE when I take my tape measurements in 5 days or so....

....back to the friggin' protein shakes and protein bars for me. I am traveling this weekend, so that's likely not the worst news on earth....
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options

My calories are going to be high this week. My breastmilk supply is plummeting and I am wondering if its because I have lost pretty much all of the baby weight and my cals are too low. So I am going to see if eating more helps. I am finishing up C25K this week, one more run left!

My milk tapered off significantly when I cut out night feedings (two nightly usually) at 6.5 months. From there it continued to slowly taper (so I added some formula) until at around 10 months I was doing my one morning feeding and then supplementing with half a bottle of foumula after So then I stopped. Good luck with your supply!