Men on a Mission thread

Options

Replies

• tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Greetings Gentlemen,

Another year comes to a close. I am motivating myself to really try and make 2014 the year I take control of my weight.

Tim, you are going out of 2013 with a bang. Awesome, awesome job. I am sure you will break that 300 pound mark by the end of the year.

Dave, a little stumble this week, but I think you had an awesome year and are easily one of the more consistent men on this thread. Thanks for all your input.

I had a good week and lost 1.4 pounds. I still need to wait about 3 1/2 more months before I can even think of getting back on the racquetball court so have gotten back into swimming. It has been doing wonders for me and I've also started logging my food again and that has really helped me to just say no to something I would normally eat without a second thought.

I go on vacation starting tomorrow and will not be back till January 6. So, no charts for the next couple of weeks but please post your updates and I'll do the same. Maybe we can get some fresh blood on here after New Years.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years to all of you

tim

WeekofDec9_zpse6d88040.jpg
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone. I will jump back into the fray after the first. Tim enjoy your vacation and take care of that bionic knee. CW is 299. I am hoping to hit 290 by the 3rd, but not sure I can make it. Have had no loss for two weeks, but have lost another notch in the belt and everyone keeps telling me I am shrinking, so I will take NSV's all day long. May God keep you and bless you and your families through the new year.
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    LW 306.0
    CW 307.2

Family Christmas party was Friday night and I just let go and decided that since I have been loosing like crazy, I would give myself a pass until after Christmas. So I am not too upset about the 1.2 gain this week, because I know it will come right back off after the holidays.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    HI Men,
    Steve, glad to see you back and look forward to continuing to share and motivate each other after the holidays. You are doing great! Wow, 299. I remember when we met and started this whole journey. Take care and give my love to Hoots.

Tim, glad to see you enjoy yourself a little and I know you will jump right back into it also. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

I am starting to really enjoy swimming again. Believe it or not, many years ago, I was a part time life guard at our local YMCA back in Texas. That's where my wife and I met. I am not as streamlined as I was then but it's coming back to me. I am able to do 32 lengths (equal to 1 mile). I'll probably up that steadily over the next few weeks.

LW 322.3
    CW 321.9
    loss of .4

I hope you all have a Happy, Safe and Blessed Christmas!
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas all!

LWW = 203.3
    CWW - 201.3
    Loss = 2.0

Giving myself a pass for today, then back to logging calories on Dec 26.
  • toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey Gentlemen,
    Hello gentlemen, it's the start and stop guy again. Time to focus on finishing what I started. Have a great week gentlemen.

SW -381
    GW - 215
    LW - 292.6 (October 16, 2013)
    CW - 297.2
    WT - 4.6 Gain
    TWL - 83.8
    DLP - 1/2/14
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Happy 2014 Men!!!!

This is the year, I can feel it in my bones that we will be successful. I got my motivation back a few weeks ago and have been plugging right along. I have not seen positive changes on the scale yet but am feeling better and my knee is doing MUCH better now. I think I need to increase my calories a little, especially on the days I swim. I am going to start adding a protein shake or something before I head to the pool and see if that makes a difference.

I would really like to see a few more guys on here, so please recruit someone if you can.

I am not posting my weight this week. I go back to work on Monday so will be getting the charts back up starting next week.

Have a fantastic week everyone.
  • bmirob
    bmirob Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hi all,

Been out of this group for a while but I think after Christmas I need a little encouragement.

Starting weight: 257 #
    current weight: 197 #
    goal weight: 190#
    last weigh in: 197#

Happy New Year!
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Checking in:
    LWW = 201.3
    CWW = 202.4
    Gain = 1.1
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Hello and Happy New Years men,

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Holiday season. New Year, New Motivation for me. I did invite one new person and I hope he chimes in here soon. If you see someone new, please take a moment and say hello.

I put on a couple of pounds over the holiday but was able to knock it off these last few days. I am hoping to lose a minimum of 5 pounds per month. If I can do better, fantastic. Went to the doc today for my 3 month check up since knee replacement. Knee is doing fantastic. I am still on a light duty status for 1 more month then will be released to full duty. Yay!!!

I am still hitting the pool about 3 times a week and I definitely am feeling the benefits.

bmirob - Great to have you back.

Men, what are some of your goals and what do you find to be hindering you from reaching those goals???

Here is this week's chart guys.

weekofDec30_zps85e8e549.jpg
  • shabbarshaikh
    shabbarshaikh Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello Men,

Thank You Captain Tim, Happy to see your Reminder Email. Till today I was busy with Office Project and other activities.

During the last year 2013 I have gained all the weight that I lost in year 2012.

Now planning to concentrate on Health but no idea as from where to start, atleast I am happy to declare that I have paid the 18 months fees for the Health Club.

I Will try to strat from tomorrow or maximum from Sunday.

I wish a Best of Luck to all our Men...

Bye..
  • JJHnIOWA
    Options
    Hello men, i will jump in here i guess.

little bit about me, i am 38, 2 kids, 13 and 8.

was never that big in high school, prolly 180 or so but then life caught up, metabolism slows down, blah blah blah, u know the story.

Did quit drinking a few years ago, so that is at least behind me which helps this battle.

My big bugaboo is late night eating, eating way to much at night and not controlling myself. that i am a big chips/dip type guy. sweets have never really been my downfall, just the junk carb foods.

Not sure what i weight right now, at doctor 2 weeks ago i was 307. been really trying to stick on calories for a couple weeks now, eat throughout the entire day better and eliminate late night junk, although i do save me a 350 calorie late night snack.

Not gonna weight myself until a week from today. So we will see where we are then.

my goal weight, well crazy goal weight would be around 200. At this point, i'll take under 3, then take 260, then 240.

First big goal i would probably put at 240 right now.

Overall goal? On to many meds as it is now, don't really wanna go down the path of insulin injections any earlier than i have to.

Wanna get off some of those, wanna just feel better with more energy. I don't want my weight to be a major burden in my life.

So here I am, i did get down to 245 a few years ago, but gained it all back.

Seems to be my biggest issue lately has been sodium counts. All my other numbers, including calories i have usually kept under, but sodium always seems skyrocketed.

Amazing to realize how much sodium packaged food has out there.

Obviously a goal is eating better or "cleaner", but when you work a ton, and your wife works a ton, that isn't always easy.

So, we will give it a go here, maybe i fail, maybe not, but at least i can fight each and every day. Don't give up. Just to easy to go the other way. I have noticed that making a log of everything i eat does seem to help me.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Happy Monday morning Guys.

Welcome back Shabbar! I am happy that you committed to joining a health club. Stick around here and we will make sure to motivate you to get in there regularly for a good workout.

I would also like to welcome jasonheerts (I am assuming your name is Jason) and appreciate him taking the time to tell us about himself. Jason, a few of us on here are fairly close in size and goal. I am sure that together we can all reach some personal milestones this year with commitment, dedication, education and maybe a little luck that life doesn't throw us too many curveballs during this journey.

Jason, like I mentioned in my message to you, it doesn't really matter when you weigh in. The updates usually dribble in between Monday and Thursday morning, with me putting the chart out Thursday afternoon.

Have a great week guys.

Tim
  • toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey Gentlemen,
    Hello gentlemen, I hope you are all doing well. Started the year out with a loss. Could this be the year that I hit that GW?

SW -381
    GW - 215
    LW - 297.2
    CW - 293.2
    WT - 4
    TWL - 87.8
    DLP - 1/10/14
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Welcome Jason and welcome back Shabbar and Todd!

LWW = 202.4
    CW = 201.3
    Loss = 1.1
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Good afternoon men,

Well, it looks like we are getting off to a pretty good new year. Todd had a fantastic 4 pound loss this week. Way to go buddy. dbw is back in the loss column and I know he will be breaking that 200 pound mark here very quickly. I had a 0.6 pound loss this week and while not ecstatic, I'll take any loss.

A couple of the others have sent me messages that they should be back on here next week. I look forward to more of us posting and maybe we can use a little competition to help motivate us.

Last week I asked what were some of the obstacles or hurdles that might get in our way. For me, it is just being consistent every day of the week. I seem to take a step backwards when there are birthday parties or football game get togethers. What I did this week was on Saturday, I knew I would go over my calories for the day, so I dragged myself to the gym and swam a bunch of laps to compensate. On one of my off nights this week, I got back on the treadmill for the first time since my knee replacement in October. I didn't do any killer workout, but did manage 20 minutes at a very slow pace. The secret for me I think is to just do something as often as possible.

Here is this week's chart guys. Have a great week.

Tim

WeekofJan6_zps6f751694.jpg
  • JJHnIOWA
    Options
    sun morning, 297
  • tdonlin
    Options
    sun morning, 297

Fantastic job getting under that 300 number :happy:
  • JJHnIOWA
    Options
    thanks, yeah, for me, when i get back on the "kick" so to speak, the first few weeks i can shed weight like crazy.

It's after that it gets much more difficult.

It's not uncommon for me to lose 15 or so pounds the first few weeks into a diet errrrr lifestyle change.

Probably my body telling me i was way to fat to begin with! lol
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Good Morning Men,

I hope you all had a great week and were able to enjoy a long weekend. Long weekends and holidays seem to be hardest for me. Much easier for me to be consistent when I follow the same routine each day of getting up, getting my food ready or whatever and going to work. Weekends I tend to either over indulge or get so busy with projects that I don't eat or drink enough.

2 of the 3 thee days this last weekend I have been over at my daughter's home working on projects around her house. I thought I was going to either gain a couple pounds or at the very least have no change from last week. Lo and behold though, I was able to lose 0.7 pounds. Not much but in the right direction.

Men, if you haven't gotten your updates in yet, get them to me and I'll post the chart this afternoon.

Have a Great day! Tim