Members Please Introduce Yourself here:

Options

Replies

• bustout321
    Options
    Hi all, I had Labpband Oct 12th. All is well on my way to 35 Plus down and my goal is over 120 within a year. Nice thing about this is the weight comes off slow and steady with little to no skin issues. Thanks for inviting me to the group. Hope everyone keeps on kickin it!!
  • miss_loveliness
    Options
    Hi my name is Elizabeth and I had the LapBand done on July 26, 2011. I started at 309 lbs. and a size 24 and I am now down to 239.5 lbs and a size 16. I am very happy with the results so far and am really sticking to the manual given to me by my WLS Program to help me continue chipping away the pounds. It has been a lot of hard work and determination but I am finding that it is definitely worth the effort I am putting into my new lifestyle.
  • Nomoreplus_sizes
    Nomoreplus_sizes Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all

I had the surgery in May 2002. when I was 16 years old. 4'11" and my highest weight was 415. Grew to 5'3"-ish I've been as low as 210 (in January of 2004, I was sick though). and as high as 282 (December 2008). Currently sittng at around 250-ish. Aiming for 215 in May 2012, my 10 year anniversary.

Sometimes I think I had the surgery too young. but what's done is done and I truly believe that I wouldn't be around today.

I work 50 hours or so of week and struggle with depression. But I'm getting better every year I'm further along (if not weight-wise then overall health-wise) and so the journey continues
  • lbencomo
    lbencomo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My name is LaDarla and I had gastric bypass sugery on 10/11/2011.
  • jfbower
    jfbower Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm Jessica, Met with the doctor and staff three weeks ago, waiting to hear back from insurance company. Joined MFP as I left the office and have lost 8 of my 12.5 Pre surgery lbs so far. I'm so excited to have a group on the site that understands the situation I'm in. :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I'm Jessica, Met with the doctor and staff three weeks ago, waiting to hear back from insurance company. Joined MFP as I left the office and have lost 8 of my 12.5 Pre surgery lbs so far. I'm so excited to have a group on the site that understands the situation I'm in. :)

Welcome Jessica!! Please let us know when you have a surgery date on conversation thread!
  • mwc12
    mwc12 Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome Jesicca I just had my surgery November 10th good luck and if you have any questions just let us know
  • lbencomo
    lbencomo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandra here from England UK

Self-pay gastric band in Belgium 18 months ago. Found out 2 weeks later we were expecting a baby!

Baby almost 1 now and been losing weight since the beginning if this year.

Been a bit of a crappy ride so far, fill nurse punctured my tube on 1st fill, so had to go back to Belgium to pay for tube revision surgery. Got an infection during surgery. A week later end up in hospital for a week in IV antibiotics!!

Pancreatitis and gastritis since July so in a fair amout of pain

Been a hard ride so far.

I am so sorry to here about the troubles you've been having. I hope you feel better soon and lose all you weight. best wishes.

LaDarla
  • dcrdiva
    Options
    My name is Deb and I had GBS on 10/29/09. I have lost over 120 lbs. I am not losing as quickly as I was and I definitely can eat more and this has caused me to keep playing with 5-7 lbs (up and down). I want to lose about 10-15 more lbs to reach my own personal goal, so that what I want MFP to help me with, so I decided to join some groups here to help my continue on the right track. This is probably what I need to continue to be successful and maintain my weight loss.
  • MrsCassieThreatt
    MrsCassieThreatt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Cassie. I had my surgery May 2010. I've only lost 40 pounds since then, but I got pregnant 8 months post op. Not intentionally but baby was born at 8 pounds and I only gained 10 pounds. Now I'm having problems losing any weight at all. Go figure. lol
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Welcome Jessica!!

Great going on the 12.5 pre surgery lbs lost! We're excited to have you. I had my surgery last December 6th and it was the best decision of my life!
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Cassie. I had my surgery May 2010. I've only lost 40 pounds since then, but I got pregnant 8 months post op. Not intentionally but baby was born at 8 pounds and I only gained 10 pounds. Now I'm having problems losing any weight at all. Go figure. lol

Welcome Cassie!

Glad to meet you. Thanks for sharing ... I hope to get to know you and everyone else better so that we can be a support system for one another.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I had my gastric band fitted, and found out 2 weeks later we were abouty 8 weeks pregnant!!

But we have a very healthy son, and he will be 1 in two days :)
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    AdymondNtheRuff Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    IMG00239-1-1.jpg
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    Options
    IMG00239-1-1.jpg

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO POST THESE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS... I DONT KNOW WHY IT WILL NOT WORK... NOT YELLING BEING LAZY!
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    Options
    I finally some of the picture cut my head off but you get the idea!!!! I definitely have to workout more soon as my toes heal!!!

IMG00239-1.jpg?t=1322159256
  • kishamichelle686
    Options
    Thu 11/24/11 08:19 PMHello my name is Kisha and Im joining this group for support. I really need to lose 50 more pounds. Its truly for health reason's. My doctor said that's the only way I can get off some of this medication and my insulin pump. I have already lost 50 my eating is good, Ive been doing 1200 or less calories a day. My issues is moving I really need to exercise. Looking for all kinds of encouragement and also looking to encourage others.

WLS date 8/17/11
  • kishamichelle686
    Options
    Wow...
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    Options
    Thu 11/24/11 08:19 PMHello my name is Kisha and Im joining this group for support. I really need to lose 50 more pounds. Its truly for health reason's. My doctor said that's the only way I can get off some of this medication and my insulin pump. I have already lost 50 my eating is good, Ive been doing 1200 or less calories a day. My issues is moving I really need to exercise. Looking for all kinds of encouragement and also looking to encourage others.

WLS date 8/17/11

Hello Kisha I dont know how much further you need to go but I have 37 more and cant seem to get there and my problem is I just dont like to exercise with weight and I need to in order to burning fat longer. I will encourage you as much as I can!
  • skatermom503
    Options
    Hi
    My name is Bonnie and I am a 58yo retired (partly because of weight) RN. I had Gastric Bypass on 10/14/11 so I am 6 weeks post op today. I lost 59 pounds before surgery and 30 since for a total of 89# so far since June. Surgery went great but the last 6 weeks have been rocky but I'm told it will get better.