x- Ride Reports -x

Options

Replies

• RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Almost didn't ride this morning because my shin was killing me after playing soccer with my son last night. Bruised it pretty good. But I took some Advil and rode anyway. Very glad I did, I always feel better after a ride.

18 miles
    58:47
    18.5mph
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Well - what a difference a day can make - yesterday I was completely useless on the bike - riding like a complete wet rag. Today, even though I'd done little or nothing different in preparation I felt great. And, as it turned out, it was just as well I was feeling good. You see, in my own small way, i've made a very minor contribution today to the British Cycling teams Training Preparation for the Olympics Road Race. Mid-ride I heard a motor-scooter behind me, the rider pulled beside me, and asked me if I could do him a favour... He was motor-pacing a couple of the Ladies from the B.C. squad, and needed to pull over and get some drinks out of the bike's top-box. So, "Could you just go "eyeballs out" along the road here for a mile or two with these two in your draft, until I catch back up?" What could I Say... Clicked it onto the big ring and gave it my all. I was pretty much dying on the bike by the time he caught up, but I'd held it at a decent enough pace for a while for them - it was certainly better than just stopping their training run at least. The guy on the bike caught me up, shouted his thanks, then I eased up and away they went. Didn't even have enough breath left to wish them well in August!. Sat up, and finished the ride at a decent pace, and rode the lactate out of my legs until I got home.
  • kelleher42
    kelleher42 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well - what a difference a day can make - yesterday I was completely useless on the bike - riding like a complete wet rag. Today, even though I'd done little or nothing different in preparation I felt great. And, as it turned out, it was just as well I was feeling good. You see, in my own small way, i've made a very minor contribution today to the British Cycling teams Training Preparation for the Olympics Road Race. Mid-ride I heard a motor-scooter behind me, the rider pulled beside me, and asked me if I could do him a favour... He was motor-pacing a couple of the Ladies from the B.C. squad, and needed to pull over and get some drinks out of the bike's top-box. So, "Could you just go "eyeballs out" along the road here for a mile or two with these two in your draft, until I catch back up?" What could I Say... Clicked it onto the big ring and gave it my all. I was pretty much dying on the bike by the time he caught up, but I'd held it at a decent enough pace for a while for them - it was certainly better than just stopping their training run at least. The guy on the bike caught me up, shouted his thanks, then I eased up and away they went. Didn't even have enough breath left to wish them well in August!. Sat up, and finished the ride at a decent pace, and rode the lactate out of my legs until I got home.

That is FANTASTIC! Good for you!
  • RideaYeti
    Options

That is very cool. Not many people can say they paced Olympians!
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hit the greenway, lots of hills and uneven pavement

9 miles
    50 minutes
    10.8 mph (on a hybrid)
    402 calories burned
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Rolled little under 61 with my tri club this weekend. A few rollers and a bunch of good friends made it a blast. 2:30:39 time wise. Not sure who thought it was a good idea to roll close to race pace.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    This is a good idea. Anyone on Strava or Garmin Connect? Here's my ride from Saturday:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/189518640

Cyclists / Mtn Bikers / Endurance Athletes please add me.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    This is a good idea. Anyone on Strava or Garmin Connect? Here's my ride from Saturday:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/189518640

Cyclists / Mtn Bikers / Endurance Athletes please add me.

I'm on both - perhaps you'd like to join the "GS MyFitnessPal" team ? :laugh:

http://app.strava.com/clubs/gs-myfitnesspal

oh and maybe sign up for the 21 Days in July - Tour De France Challenge - in the Century Plus Cycling Group...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3764-century-plus-cycling

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/619261-tour-de-france-challenge-21-days-in-july
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Saturday, 16/6/12 Got in a nice 42 mile ride with 5 friends. Averaged about 17 mph. Great ride until about 8 miles left and both quads cramped up. Slowing down and down shifting helped relieve the cramping, but my quads are still tight.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Friday 6/22. Out cruising on the fixie. 8.5 miles with a 16 avg.

e7e33783.jpg
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    What a great weekend of cycling.

The whole family was invited over to my ex-manager/friend as I hadn’t seen her for a few months and we couldn’t get over for the jubilee celebrations as I was touring with my 13 yo daughter and the club I ride with.

So I suggest to same daughter, we could cycle over, it’s only around 60 miles….and she agreed!

I was expecting a headwind on the way out, but not quite as strong as it was. It was also hillier than I was expecting, but arrived in OK time with one knackered daughter. Sadly the wind changed directions over night so had to contend with the headwind again, just stronger. Again made good time, but it was a late finish as we didn’t start out until around noon.

So 129 windy miles later I have one nearly done in teenager, who has asked if she can ride with the club again this weekend as “I want to ride a century before I am 14”…I know where she gets her insanity from
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Out cruising again for 30 minutes. Chill ride.

17039fcf.jpg
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Saturday 6/29/12

25 miles
    Time: 1 hr. 43 min.
    4:20 min/mi pace
    1162 calories burned
    2 long hill climbs; 2359 ft ascent
    Fastest mile: 2:05
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Place: Chappell Hill, TX
    Time: 3:09:32
    Distance: 58.47 miles

Summary: Chappell Hill is a pretty hilly area outside of Houston, well hilly for us flatlanders. Anyway ride was going very smooth until I got lost. I turned around to backtrack and got clipped by a truck's side view mirror and it sent me off road to into a muddy patch to the right. Bike is now stuck in the small chain ring. Back on the road I attempted to use my phone navigator to get me back to where I needed to be, but it decided to take me down a dirt road. LOL. The last hour of this ride was a calamity. A 48 mile ride turned into a 60 mile ride due to missing one turn. Oh well. Bike goes into the shop today and I should be good to go by mid week.
  • RideaYeti
    Options
    It was hard to get up this morning, but I did and got in a nice ride.

21 miles
    1:09:57
    18mph avg.
  • dtpss188
    dtpss188 Posts: 85
    Options
    Rode around Oneida Lake. 2 hours 48 minutes, average speed 20 mph, 56 miles, very little wind to worry about, light traffic. It would be a lot more fun to ride with some other cyclists. I found that I'm pretty strong for the first 35 - 40 but then the fatigue starts easing in and it's a struggle to keep the 20 mph average.
  • trail_rnr
    trail_rnr Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I rode in the Utah Tour de Donut today. I won my AG (35-55) by riding pretty fast and eating 9 donuts.

The course is a flat, 7 mile loop. You ride three loops total, eating as many donuts as you can between loops 1 & 2 and 2 & 3. I just didn't have that 10th donut in me. But 9 was good enough for the gold donut! I'm not sure how I placed overall.

TdD_winner-banner.jpg

(hmmm, the image is on Photobucket, not sure why it isn't showing)
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi just completed my very 1st club sportive today
    longest ride i have ever undertaken at 70 miles previous was 50
    Delihted with results and i am totally hooked

alan harkens
    07/08/2012 Club Run with Foyle
    Ridden by alan harkens at 08:54am on Sunday, 07/08/2012 Add Ride Notes

111.3km
    Distance
    909m
    Elevation (?)
    04:03:06
    Moving Time
    Calories

Energy Output
    135W Powermeter

Average Power
    Time 04:03:06
    Elapsed Time 04:36:37
    Max Speed 58.1km/h
    Avg Speed 27.5km/h
    Cadence 78
    Device Garmin Edge 500
    Bike None Add Bike
    Actions
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/athletes/718486/activity-summary/5c5146c07b42746bacff54193d54683aeb189ce9'></iframe&gt;
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I think that MFP's powers that be have nobbled embedded code widgets like the strava link Alan...

It's a damned nuisance, I'd happily pay a couple of quid a year for a "premium" version that supports proper bbcode embedding and linking, and allows you to have a decent "signature block" rather than just a weight ticker.

Couple of nice rides BTW...

Nice loop today, but that club run looked a cracker :wink: