x- Ride Reports -x

Options

Replies

• harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Cheers Big Yin that was my 1st club run and totally hooked .....:)
    in training now for Inishowen 100 on 19th August my 1st Century

i have sent requst to follow you also on Strava and if any other users on here using this app please feel free to add
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Follow request accepted mate :wink:
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Out cruising around. No handed for extra fun.

ba3d15c3.jpg
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    did a quick 15 miles today... wind at about 20mph with gusts to >30... tried to keep it at my side most of the ride so had to change my usual route...
  • Timehope
    Timehope Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    New member -- wanted to introduce myself by briefly reporting on a nice 11-day tour in Central Washington State, completed a week ago (Sept. 18.) This is not a published route but was invented by three friends and me -- a big circle.

--We started at the top of White Pass on Rt. 12 for a nice downhill run into Yakima and then on to Toppenish that night. (Days Inn.)We tried to stay on smaller roads and used the bike path to get across Yakima. 85 miles.
    --Next day, we followed smaller roads (Yakima Valley Highway) to Richland. (Desert Gold Motel.) 69 miles.
    --Then we rode the Columbia River Trail out of Richland, crossed the Snake River and reached the Lewis & Clark Trail Park ouside of Waitsburg. 65 miles.
    --Then some climbing from river drainage to drainage, in heavy wind, to the Lyons Ferry KOA on the Snake River. 35 miles.
    --Next day multi-mile climbing (8 to 11 percent grades) from the Snake River to the top of the Columbia Basin plateau. Very desolate and beautiful near Palouse Falls. Began seeing dead rattlesnakes on the road. Wonderful, well-paved road with little traffic. My pals were tired in Ritzville so we got 2 rooms at the Top Hat motel ($52 including taxes.) 50 miles (3,000 total feet of climb.)
    --Ritzville to Soap Lake via farmland roads -- vast fields of wheat extending to the horizon on every side. 69 miles. Soap Lake KOA.
    --Soap Lake to Electric City, via the Coulee Scenic Route. Good roads through huge canyons formed by the Columbia River during the last Ice Age. Almost deserted roads. 51 miles. Playland Campground.
    --Electric City to Pateros via rural road. Heavy climbing out of the Columbia River drainage to the top of the plateau again. Farmland and some scrubby wilderness. Dropping to camp on the Columbia River at the Pateros city park for free. 57 miles.
    --Pateros to the apartment of a friend's daughter in Wenatchee. Most of the day in view of the Columbia. First live rattlesnake -- a little one. 60 miles.
    --Wenatchee via the town of George (yes, George, Washington) to Desert Aire marina/park just past Matawa. We climbed out of the river drainage to the plateau again then finished back down on the river. 78 miles.
    -- Desert Aire to Yakima. Again we climbed out of the Columbia River drainage then at the end dropped into the Yakima River drainage. 60 miles. We picked up my van (parked at a friends apartment) and drove four hours home to Olympia.

693 miles total, not a speck of rain, gorgeous scenery and mostly empty roads with smooth paving. At times the climbing reminded me of the Sierra-Cascades Tour a couple of us rode last summer -- but only at times. This is a wonderful route and I hope some of you have a chance to try it.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    New member -- wanted to introduce myself by briefly reporting on a nice 11-day tour in Central Washington State, completed a week ago (Sept. 18.) This is not a published route but was invented by three friends and me -- a big circle.

--We started at the top of White Pass on Rt. 12 for a nice downhill run into Yakima and then on to Toppenish that night. (Days Inn.)We tried to stay on smaller roads and used the bike path to get across Yakima. 85 miles.
    --Next day, we followed smaller roads (Yakima Valley Highway) to Richland. (Desert Gold Motel.) 69 miles.
    --Then we rode the Columbia River Trail out of Richland, crossed the Snake River and reached the Lewis & Clark Trail Park ouside of Waitsburg. 65 miles.
    --Then some climbing from river drainage to drainage, in heavy wind, to the Lyons Ferry KOA on the Snake River. 35 miles.
    --Next day multi-mile climbing (8 to 11 percent grades) from the Snake River to the top of the Columbia Basin plateau. Very desolate and beautiful near Palouse Falls. Began seeing dead rattlesnakes on the road. Wonderful, well-paved road with little traffic. My pals were tired in Ritzville so we got 2 rooms at the Top Hat motel ($52 including taxes.) 50 miles (3,000 total feet of climb.)
    --Ritzville to Soap Lake via farmland roads -- vast fields of wheat extending to the horizon on every side. 69 miles. Soap Lake KOA.
    --Soap Lake to Electric City, via the Coulee Scenic Route. Good roads through huge canyons formed by the Columbia River during the last Ice Age. Almost deserted roads. 51 miles. Playland Campground.
    --Electric City to Pateros via rural road. Heavy climbing out of the Columbia River drainage to the top of the plateau again. Farmland and some scrubby wilderness. Dropping to camp on the Columbia River at the Pateros city park for free. 57 miles.
    --Pateros to the apartment of a friend's daughter in Wenatchee. Most of the day in view of the Columbia. First live rattlesnake -- a little one. 60 miles.
    --Wenatchee via the town of George (yes, George, Washington) to Desert Aire marina/park just past Matawa. We climbed out of the river drainage to the plateau again then finished back down on the river. 78 miles.
    -- Desert Aire to Yakima. Again we climbed out of the Columbia River drainage then at the end dropped into the Yakima River drainage. 60 miles. We picked up my van (parked at a friends apartment) and drove four hours home to Olympia.

693 miles total, not a speck of rain, gorgeous scenery and mostly empty roads with smooth paving. At times the climbing reminded me of the Sierra-Cascades Tour a couple of us rode last summer -- but only at times. This is a wonderful route and I hope some of you have a chance to try it.

I remember driving up/down White Pass years ago thinking, "this would be awesome to ride down!" NIce trip!
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    First time back out off-roading in such a long time, first proper run for my son & son-in-law. weather was atrocious, pelting down from the heavens, very muddy, windy - all the worst you want. The run was brilliant though, about 28Km over 3 hours, 1600 cals burned and more laughter than grumbles. We left the house, down into Stratchlyde park, along the Clyde walkway & int Chatelherault country park, did the small circuit and then back home. Hopefully a regular Sunday route :-)

Me on the right, before hosing...
    8039626394_4b5fe6d91b_z.jpg

Getting the mud off, the quick way...(and the bloody cold way !)

8039652727_87d87e07b0_z.jpg
  • mostaverage
    Options
    Another run through Strathclyde Park & into Chatelherault, much drier this week which made the mud slipper and stickier. Huge fun though, couple of technical sections climbing over rocks and roots and a few steep downhill sections that has to be navigated with similar care. Over 30km done, mostly off road. Good run in perfect conditions :-D.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    OK, not a ride report in the normal sense, but to shout that I have just gone through my target miles for 2012. 12002 miles and counting. Could ease up....but where would the fun be in that??
  • TheGeordie
    Options
    Hey Guys n Gals,

Just joined the group and thought Id share one of my recent rides in Northumberland; mixed on and off road the ride was based on a route by Derek Purdy, the route takes you through beautiful scenery but hits you with steep climbs and some very tough terrain! Fields, bulls, cobbles and a ford with a tiny rusty bridge, great fun!

Distance: 48.43 Miles
    Bike: Hardtail
    Elevation Gain: 2372 ft
    Avg Speed: 10 mph

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/230571887
  • mostaverage
    Options
    Went for a wee ride on some of the trails at Carron Valley Mountainbike trails today - fantastic place, well thought out routes, technical sections, fast paced sections and all for the price of parking. Brilliant site, we will be heading back there to explore more of the trails for sure Great fun.
    Found this on youtube that shows "The Runway" which is a route we did 3 times because it was huge fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mttWoVfOtQ
  • Loulousq
    Loulousq Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Date: 1/20/13
    Distance: 13.9 miles
    Elevation Gain: 148 ft
    Moving Time: 1 hr 28 min 26 seconds
    Burned: 789 calories
    Max Speed: 37.1 mph
    Average Speed: 9.4 mph (I'm getting faster yay!)
    Bike: Roadmaster Mtn. Sport XS
    rode along the beach at sunset. what a great view!
  • Loulousq
    Loulousq Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    MY LONGEST RIDE YET!!!
    Date: 1/24/13
    Distance: 18.6 miles
    Elevation Gain: 454 feet
    Moving Time: 1 hour 54 minutes 47 seconds
    Calorie Burned: 986
    Max Speed: 41.7 mph
    Average Speed: 8.3 mph
    Bike: Roadmaster Mtn. Sport XS

beach.jpg

IMG_20130124_152515.jpg

IMG_20130124_152533.jpg

IMG_20130124_152604.jpg
  • doctordee955
    Options
    New member, but been cycling seriously about eight months now. Have had to put the bike away for two weeks whilst I sorted out a chest infection. Here is a small get back to training route. I use endomondo, and here is the link
    http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/161414508/4804079

some endomondo figures
    DISTANCE
    11.13 mi
    DURATION
    51m:02s
    AVG. SPEED
    13.1 mph
    MAX. SPEED
    22.2 mph
    CALORIES
    838 kcal
    HYDRATION
    0.19L
    MIN. ALTITUDE
    224 ft
    MAX. ALTITUDE
    323 ft
    TOTAL ASCENT
    193 ft
    TOTAL DESCENT
    172 ft
    WEATHER
    Mostly cloudy

Not the best run but give it a week or five and I will be back to 3.25mins a mile
  • nick64quandry
    nick64quandry Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i ride bikes make short trips everyday no reports yet i plan to get a speedometer

would love friends
  • composite
    composite Posts: 138 Member
    Options
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Almost thirty miles on my Steal frame Single Speed !

Looks like PNG files are not supported for images......

http://www.emaren.com/gallery/var/albums/Today/May-2013/Screen Shot 2013-05-27 at 1_06_46 PM.png?m=1369685482
  • riggsy81
    riggsy81 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Riding Time 01:31:54
    Riding Distance 25.40 miles
    Max Speed 36.4 mph
    Avg Speed 16.6 mph
    Altitude Gain 646 ft
    Calories Burned 1008 Kcal
    Avg Speed 16.6 mph
    Avg Cadence 75 rpm
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    went on my 2nd ride tonight. was a long one for me...

Distance 12.26km
    Time : 36:35
    Avg Speed: 20.11km/h
    Total Climb: 81m
    Calories Burnt: 670
    Max HR: 171
    Avg HR: 139

Would have been a bit quicker but i had to stop twice for traffic and i got a cramp in my left foot right on the 30min mark.

Fastest km: no 6 - 24.15km/h
    Slowest km: no 11 - 16.65km/h (that would have been my cramp km)

all in all pretty happy with it. My butt got pretty sore towards the end but no lasting pain anywhere once i got off.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    2x short rides tonight. 2.7km to the pool, 25min swim, then 2.7km back home.
    7:30 there and 8:30 back.

hope to hit a trail on saturday or sunday morning, during the day even, so ill be able to take some pics.