WELCOME!

Options

Replies

• mamasyd
    mamasyd Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I guess, by way of introduction, I should really refer you to my profile page. That tells a bit more of my story than I can take the time to elaborate here. Even better, check out this link for a more detailed explanation:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=237111879641611

My starting weight was 385. I'm now only 16 pounds from my goal. It's almost surreal to say that. My starting BMI was 65.1 and my goal will be within the normal range - 24.5. When I reach goal I will have lost over 62% of my body weight.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, mamasyd!:flowerforyou:
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, mamasyd!:flowerforyou:

Agreed! Very inspirational! My starting BMI was 68.3!
  • sweethinkr
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am proud to say that this will be my last time on the weight loss journey, since I will be successful this time around! I am not new to MFP, however, I just started back at it full force today.

SW: 360
    CW: 356
    First goal 299
    Final goal 150

Hope to find some friends here to help keep me motivated and on my journey!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

I'm Rhonnda. Just this shy of 49 yo, 5'7" tall, married, no kids except for the non human kind. I joined MFP in May 2011.

SW 410
    CW 369
    GW 180 or so

It's going to be a long journey and due to mental health issues I'm taking it slow.

For the most part I'm pretty quiet when it comes to posting and I'm just refocusing after a recent conscious leap off the wagon.
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am proud to say that this will be my last time on the weight loss journey, since I will be successful this time around! I am not new to MFP, however, I just started back at it full force today.

SW: 360
    CW: 356
    First goal 299
    Final goal 150

Hope to find some friends here to help keep me motivated and on my journey!

HEY WE ARE ALMOST THE EXACT SAME! just 4 pounds starting weight changes our starting weights! only other difference, is i'm a little farther down towards the goal.....but i'm sure you will be here VERY soon!
  • gmaanneliese
    gmaanneliese Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can't say for sure what my starting weight was because I was too afraid/ashamed/scared to get on a scale. My best guestimate is 375. For purposes here I use 350 as starting weight. I started my journed on June 6, 2010. I am currently four pounds away from Onderland (almost 150 pounds). No surgery, meds, gymics. Pure hard work and a whole lot of faith. My goal is 205. But looking at my current sagging skin, I'm wondering if I will be carrying extra weight around in the form of skin. Won't know for sure til I get there.

Glad to be a part of this group.
  • LadyJane26
    Options
    Hi. My name is Deanna

Actual SW:381 MFP SW: 309
    Current: 276
    Goal: 140

105 down. 136 to go.

We can do this!
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello~ My name is Jessica (but people call me Jessie or Jess :D). I'm 23, and 5'3 (though my mom says 5'2 and my friend says 5'4 :ohwell: )!
    I actually started my journey in January, but due to life being a b**** I gained it all back, plus some more! So I'm getting back on track, because I want to be able to live a healthier life, a life I should have had years ago!

HW: 370 (6/24/09 (guessing here...))
    LW: 317.2 (4/10/11)
    SW: 350 (11/13/11 (another guess))
    CW: 345.4
    GW: 115 (Not 100% sure, even making it to 130 will be good enough for me~)

Overall I have 220lbs to lose. 4.6lbs down, 215.4lbs more to go!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Katie
    I started MFP at 369, got down to 349 over the summer, but am now 355. Was 360 just a few weeks ago, so I am working on it again!
  • AdenaJ
    AdenaJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I started a lifestyle change (again) on October 24, 2011. I've been on MFP for more than a year, but this is my first time using it for 30 consecutive days. I think I'm hooked and plan to stick with it this time to get this weight off!

Good luck to each of you!

sw: 338.8
    gw: 145
    cw: 326
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Heya

I actually started my current effort to lose weight (this time) before I joined MFP. I have struggled with binge eating and depression ( and self harm when I wasn't allowing myself to eat comfort food). I spent the early part of this year just trying to break my binge habits, and working out some of my triggers, and foods that I have no control around. Lost about 12 lbs without actually trying to be " on a diet", just breaking those bad habits. I am taking this journey slowly, because I'd much rather lose weight slowly on a moderate eating plan, than try to do too much and set off the bingeing and other coping mechanisms again.

HW: 406 (March 2011)
    CW: 364
    GW: I haven't a clue. I don't really care at this point. A doctor might say I should be 120-130 for my height, but I'd be happy to be anywhere under 200. I'll worry about that number when it becomes relevant.

My goal for now is to still be weighing 364 or less by the end of the festive season. I have a lot of parties to go to, and I will indulge, so anything I lose in december is a bonus!
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    Hello, my name is Gary & I joined this site in March, 2011. My starting weight was 665lbs:sad: :blushing: . With the help & support of family & friends(mfp one included) my weight is now down to 448lbs:noway: I hope to reach my goal weight of around 250(with some muscle bulk) by the end of 2012. Good luck to everyone!:drinker:

Gary this is FABULOUS!!!! You've come a really long ways. I was looking through the intros thinking that no one else had as much to lose as I do. I was starting to get a little discouraged. But when I saw your post and how much you've lost, it gives me hope. Hope that it is possible. Thank you Gary for sharing.

My name is Kenda.
    Height: 5'11
    HW: 545
    SW: 498 (March 2011)
    GW: 170
    CW: 385.4 (November 26, 2011)
    Total Amount to lose: 328
  • bahbehbeeh
    Options
    Hi,
    well,. im really new and no plans yet on how i can have the goal i wanted.

im currently on my 165lbs, going to my 110lbs (hopefully, i'll really be back. :)

about a 55lbs to lose.

I CAN DO IT! I CAN DO IT. heheh
  • GraceysMommy09
    Options
    Hello everyone!! My name is Shanda and I wanted to introduce myself!! I am really glad that I found this group as I have about 223lbs to lose.

SW: 383
    CW: 372
    GW: 170
    I have been on here about 2 weeks now and I have hit a rough patch last week and didn't lose any, but I am still here and I am not giving up! It is so nice to meet people that know what I am going through. I have always been overweight and I have struggled with it my entire 30 years. I want to make a change, not a diet that I go on and am off in 2 weeks, but something that I can live with the rest of my life and raise my 2 year old daughter on. I don't want her to go through the same things that I have gone through, and the best thing for me to do is to try and get my life straight now. I am a mother, wife, and full time nursing student, (Igraduate in May with my RN YAY!!!) So my family, my health, and my future career are my main inspirations for getting healthy. Yes, for me it is about getting some of this weight off because let's face it, it's killing me. But I want more than anything to lead a healthy and active lifestyle. I want to be a good role model for my daughter to follow. I hope that I can make some lifelong friends on here and we can get healthy together! Hope to hear from you guys soon!
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    hi all! looking for friends on my journey! i have only been at it for 5.5 weeks now...

sw: 345
    cw: 313
    gw: 140
    5'4"

add me!! :)
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    Hi I'm Kim

We work in KG here but I think I have converted this correctly.

My heaviest was 350.7 pounds, I lost 51.9 pounds myself before MFP but put some back on and started MFP on 332.2 pounds.
    Have only lost 15.4 pounds so far but hey slow and steady wins the race.

I am 168cm tall to am looking to get to around 154 pounds give or take some - so I am just under the 200 pounds to lose but I really relate to this group.

Feel free to add me as a friend, I have only just discovered groups so it is AWESOME to meet you all :)
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 409lbs
    First Goal Weight: 275lbs
    GOAL Weight: 199lbs

I am 32 years old. I have done this journey before, having lost over 150 lbs 4 years ago. I have since gained it all back and am starting over. I am so glad to find this group because I don't have anyone in my life that needs to lose as much as me. Feel free to add me! I would love to chat with people!!
    Nichole
  • Bunnyfufu87
    Options
    Starting weight= 375
    Current weight= 367
    Goal weight = 160ish

I'm 24 years old.I've battled with depression since I was 14 years old. The lost I've been as an adult is 250 (age 19) I liked that weight but I was still unhealthy. I want to lose the weight so i can start a family.I'm Married and I'm looking to have a healthy pregnancy.

April
  • NishaMisha
    Options
    Hi I'm 35 years old.

Starting weight = 378.0
    Current weight = 338.0 lbs
    Goal weight = 170.0 ish