WELCOME!

Options

Replies

• missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Michael. I just started this journey yesterday and am so pleased I found this group! Looking forward to losing with you all.

Height: 6 feet
    SW: 357
    GW: 180-190
  • esteelewis
    esteelewis Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello!

SW: 360 pounds
    CW:345.4 pounds
    GW:155 pounds

I am new to MFP. I lost 14.6 before joining. I currently have about 178 to lose.
  • bamajes
    bamajes Posts: 24
    Options
    Just wanted to pop-in and say hi. I have been off and on some kind of diet plan since I was 16. After 16 years, 2 kids and 1 divorce, I've decided that i don't need a "diet" and just need to start making better choices. I sometimes get discouraged seeing people post about how "fat' they are when they only have 25 pounds to lose. I wish it was only 25.

Please add me as a friend if you need encouragement or motivation. I make a pretty good cheerleader. To me, being able to wake up every day and face the world is a victory. :-)
  • zeikiya989
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Marshe', I'm 30 from Indiana, been overweight since i was like 12 and I'm an emotional eater.

starting weight: 364
    goal weight:140
    current weight: 302

224 total pounds to lose
    61 pounds gone
    163 pounds left to lose

Taking it day by day
  • rachelannes1609
    rachelannes1609 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
    So glad to find others with lots to lose.
    I'm Rachel and from Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    SW - 392lbs - Jan 2012
    CW - 340lbs - April 2012
  • courtbell03
    courtbell03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Today is my first day and I'm super nervous and excited at the same time. I know everybody has a day one and this is def. mine!! I've always been heavy and have a fear I don't know anything else! Please friend me if you want to start this journey with me!
  • Woodzoo813
    Woodzoo813 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Robin. I have lurked around here for some time. I am really trying to do the deal and get my blood sugar and weight under control.

SW: 397
    CW:351.4
    GW:150ish

I am 53 years old and struggle with health stuff just like everyone. I am not making any excuses anymore. I do not want to have any surgery for weight loss. I've know many close friends who have had surgery. Some were very successful and some were not. I am not a very social person so even posting is me getting out of my comfort zone. :) Very happy to be here.:smile:
  • SqueakGirl
    SqueakGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new here, 15 days in!
    I hope it is ok I join this group. I set my goal weight 20 pounds higher so I didn't ave to be faced with the big 200 number to lose :frown:
    But, it is 200 I have to lose!
    BW:324
    CW:317.8
    GW:150.... Really 130 but we will see.
  • hmclaughlin74
    hmclaughlin74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! My name is Heather, and I am here to love over 200 pounds! I look forward to learning new ways to eating a healthier balanced diet. One day at a time, as they say.

BW: 387
    CW: 382
    GW: 150

5 pounds down and 232 to go!!!
  • Evningstar81
    Evningstar81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Name is Jes.

Sw=471
    Gw=175
    Cw=454

Need to lose 296 lbs.
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Dawn
    Sw=355
    Gw=165-175
    Cw=344

Total 180lbs to lose
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi All I'm John!
    SW: 430
    CW: 407
    1ST GW: 377 (Wedding Weight)
    Ultimate GW 180

I'm always looking for people to support and people to support me so feel free to add me. Just let me know you're in this group please.
  • jasonfndr
    jasonfndr Posts: 39
    Options
    Hello All, My name is Jason. I hale from the big state of Oklahoma. Married with a daughter who is 16. I have been on my weight loss journey since January 3rd. I have over 200+ pounds to shed probably closer to 300 to be a "normal" body weight. I have the best support people around me and on here. Hope to get to know a few of you on here.
  • MelissaKaye91
    MelissaKaye91 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Melissa. I started my weightloss journey a few years ago at 430 lbs. I lost 115 lbs over the course of a year and my hip went out. Unbeknownst to me, that was contributing to my weight gain. I actually thought my body was hurting so much because of gaining weight alone. Though, I'm sure it didn't help. It's a long story but it took a year and two months before I could get my hip replacement (it was from a birth defect btw). So, I gained 70 pounds back during that time because I was immobile again. I'm now 5 months out of having the surgery and have my mobility back again. Yay. I am losing weight again and am so happy to be back on my journey. I am at 359 lbs now and my goal weight is around 200. I'm looking forward to making new weight loss friends. It always helps to have encouragement.
  • Jamee_J
    Jamee_J Posts: 63
    Options
    hey!:) I am Jamee

sw: 396
    cw:380
    gw: 196

Depending on my body feels at the goal weight. It seems kind of overwhelming. But I am two weeks in, and am really liking it. I am glad there is a place where we can support eachother.
  • EmmaLinch87
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Looking for friends who on the same journey as me, to share tips, give each other encouragement during those bad points. I have recently gone to see my doctor, but now waiting to be referred to a dietitian.

SW: 320
    CW: 308
    GW: 105- 133 (apparently this is the healthy weight for me- I am 5'3).

Feel free to add me.
  • melissarosati77
    Options
    Hi! Melissa from Southeast TX here!

SW: 367
    CW: 323
    GW: 150

My SW is the absolute heaviest I've ever been. When I started MFP I didn't weigh first. I'm TERRIFIED of the scale. I did, however, bite the bullet and weigh yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised. Go me! I MIGHT start weighing every couple of weeks. We'll see how the anxiety level is, lol!
  • digitalodin
    digitalodin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Jesse and here we go.

sw: 386 lbs
    gw: 165 lbs
    cw: 359 lbs

221 TOTAL to lose
    27 down
    194 left to go
  • big_cowboy74
    big_cowboy74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Howdy! Big_Cowboy74 here. Real name Doug. See that offensive lineman for any NFL team. I'm bigger than him.

6 ft. - 5 in. tall

SW: 502 lbs.
    CW: 464 lbs.
    GW: 299 lbs.

38 lbs. down as of this morning.
    Will reset goal once I accomplish being under 300!
  • katies2boys
    katies2boys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Katie, and this is day 3 for me using MFP. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. I'm so happy to see a group for 200+!

SW-408
    CW-408
    GW- 160 ish