WELCOME!

Options

Replies

• KittenKittyKitteh
    KittenKittyKitteh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Jeri. I've been "back on the wagon" for nearly two weeks now and I'm ready to be serious about my weight loss. (again!) Two years ago I went from 415 to 350 and managed to gain it back.

But that's in the past! I'm 11lbs down in the last two weeks. That's a pretty nifty start right? Swimming is going to be my secret weapon. The fact that I'll even get in a swimsuit shows my dedication!

I would absolutely love to make some supportive friends who are active on MFP. Keep up the good work everyone!

SW 405
    CW 394
    GW 150
  • ventibella
    ventibella Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started. My name is Cynthia. :)
  • eris1981
    eris1981 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi . . . I'm Tonya, 31 years old, and from Mississippi. When I started using My Fitness Pal at the beginning of May, I weighed at least 405 pounds. More, really, because my scale couldn't weigh me and I got "Error" every time I stepped on it. I've lost 31.4 pounds so far (I'm at 373.6 now) . . . I have about 200 more to go. I want to be able to have kids some day, and I currently can't because of hormonal issues related to being so obese. I topped 200 pounds in junior high, and I've been on blood pressure medication since I was 18. I want to feel well instead of constantly drug out and tired . . . and being able to buy cute clothes without using mail order will be a fringe benefit, too!
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Becky
    SW 450 --- It hurts to say that.
    CW 338--- Feels a little better to say that!
    GW ??---- I have no idea. I've never been thin so I have no idea where I should be. I want to be healthy and live a long life.

So that's me!
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So glad to have found this group!
    My name is Marie and I am a nurse in TN. I am currently working private duty with a contract for a year, and am hoping to be 100 or so pounds lighter by next summer so I can go back to working in a facility.

SW Feb 2012 - 456.8 pounds BMI 76
    Current weight - 432 BMI 72.9
    Goal for my bday (9/12) 415 BMI 69.1
    Goal for Christmas 375 BMI 62.4
    Ultimate goal - 130 (total of 326.8 pounds lost when finished) BMI 21.6

I am married with 4 kids: 2 19 year old college freshmen, an autistic high school senior and a 4th grader. Also providing round the clock care in my home for 1 parkinsons/dementia patient.

I started McDougall diet halfway a couple months ago which started my weight loss slowly. August 1 I made a commitment to the diet and am starting to feel better and move more.

I have been doing chair aerobics dvds by Paul Eugene (awesome way to get started) and have recently gotten to the point where I feel like I can start doing regular aerobics and ordered some The Firm workout dvds from ebay.
  • AuntieVaVa
    Options
    Hi - I am new to MFP, just joined Sunday 8/5/2012 and started logging my food and exercise on Monday 8/6/2012.

I found the 100+ pound to lose board, but boy am I glad to find the 200+ pound group. It makes me feel less alone in this journey.

SW (in July 2011) - 440 :frown:
    SW with MFP (8/5/12) - 396
    CW (8/9/12) - 385
    GW - 175

11 pounds lost since joining MFP
    Need to Lose - 221
    Pounds til Goal - 210

Mini-Goal - a total of 25 pounds lost by my next dr's appt on 9/12/12
  • bookworm4jc
    bookworm4jc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i started with 220 to lose, l have lost 42 pounds so far and have 178 more pounds to lose. i have alot of medical problems and am nearly immobile although i have a desire to run a 5K when l lose this weight, sounds extreme from where l am at now but, that is what l would really like to do. l have homeschooled all my children from K to graduation, l have 7 girls and 3 boys and now l want to focus on getting healthy and running that 5k. Cyndee
    l also would like some people with similar aspirations or people that have conquered this challenge to help me get there so if you think you can help please friend me!
  • sescruggs
    sescruggs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Steven.

SW:437

GW:210 (and keep it in that area for life)

CW:437

Currently 24 years old and unemployed. I am in this now after seeing myself become so heavy.

Just started MFP today!
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sheila. Started out at 350 pounds and am now down to 265.

Love horses, reading, hiking and flea markets.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

I live in SEMO.
  • drunk1gnome
    Options
    Current weight 369.2 lbs. (Sick!)
    This is also myfitnesspal starting weight. I started out at 399 lbs, and it was a huge wake up call, like someone slapped me in the face and said "400 is one value meal away!!!"
    My goal weight is 175.
    Just need to keep telling myself. I CAN DO THIS!!!
  • MuchTooPuffyDuffy
    Options
    Hey Guys!

SW: 491
    CW: 474
    GW: 170

It's gonna be a long road...but I'm confident I can do it! :)
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I just joined and I have 190 pounds to loose. I know this is 200+ but I hope I am welcome. I'm a 37 year old mother of 3 boys (15, 10, and 1 -surprise). I weighed in at 308 on January 1, 2012 and weigh in again on Monday. I'm looking for accountability partners.

SW: 308
    CW: 261
    GW: 119
  • rbahola12
    Options
    Hi There!!! Nice to see there is more then just me with a large amount of weight to lose. I really need some encouragement. I am a over eater and lazy. I know how to eat right I just don't because it is easier not to. But, I NEED to. I am tired of feeling like crap all the time and missing out on life because of my weight. I would like some friends in the same boat I am.

Thanks All!!
  • nresides
    nresides Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Niki (27) I've been trying to lose weight but never been very serious. So starting today is my new begging, and my quote is new body, mind, and soul. I am surrounded with negative people at work who tease me, who don't like my colorful joking, but I will not let them get me down! If I lose the weight I will look, feel, and begin to play with my daughter the way I should, and I hope these bipolar and mood swings shed with my weight. Sorry about the long intro.
  • mamabosha
    Options
    Hi everyone. Barb here from upstate NY.

Sw 445
    Gw 200 - lower if I can
    cw 398

198+ to go.
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    UPDATE for myself:
    gained some back......now only down 30 pounds......so i still have a long way to go.
  • 1182sheep
    1182sheep Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 320
    I should weigh 120-148
    My current weight 295.5

My knees need to be replaced. My back is degenerating, I have hypertension, prediabetes and the list goes on, but you don't want to hear me moan. I want to help myself and others break through to healthy.
  • 1182sheep
    1182sheep Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was fluctuating betwen 310- 320 at my worst in Jan 2012. I carry a lot of fluid
    Now I am fluctuating between 294--300.
    the Ins tables say I should be 108--147
    I will be super ecstatic to be below 170 thats my first long range goal
    Short range goal is 10% of my total weight every 3 months. I am almost done with the 1st increment.. I hope to achieve the 2nd increment before New years.Day. Will you pray for me? And I will for all of you.
  • eys81
    eys81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    SW 497.4
    GW 180-ish

Just started on MFP and so glad to find others who have 200+ to lose. Right now just counting calories and trying to get moving. Feel free to friend me.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Welcome, new folks! Feel free to friend me and steal some of the AWESOME people from my friends list, as well. Let's get fit :heart: