say a little about your thyroid issues

Options
123457»

Replies

• Hopeful656
    Hopeful656 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm Vickie and I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism just over a year ago. What really got my attention was how fast the weight came about. Usually weight seems to creep up slowly, but during a span of 5 months I think I gained about 40lbs. This of course was after very traumatic events and followed with depression and lots of sleeping. That's what I didn't understand. Before the diagnosis I was relatively health, though perhaps 10lbs overweight. Then suddenly I start eating less and sleeping incredible amounts of time (sometimes up to 16 hours) and would still feel like a zombie. Then, the weight gain became glaring apparent. Worst is where it settled-right at the abdomen and pelvis. I have since been more informed about hypothyroidism but have so many questions regarding how to get back to a "normal" state.
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Welcome Blacklabel & Vickie :flowerforyou:

That's great that the Armour helped you so much Blacklabel! How long did it take before you felt good?

Vickie you came to the right place to learn lots from people who've been there. I'm still learning myself. This group is full of excellent conversations...
  • Hopeful656
    Hopeful656 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you