Stage 2

Options

Replies

• jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I tried the rockstars for A2. I liked them much better than the FSPP, it was a much less awkward exercise. And if you are trying to stick as close to the program as possible, it's probably the better alternative and as it's still one exercise, it will take less time than separately doing squats and overhead presses. But I think I'd rather have the choice of the heavier squat even if it lengthens my workout by a few minutes.
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything everyones said about the FSPP. I have found my wrists have strengthened now on week 3, and I do need to develop strength in my wrists to benefit my job (Sports massage therapist) so I'll stick with them. Do miss the heavy squats though.
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Did my second Stage 2 Workout A today. One of those terrible I really-don't-want-to-be-doing-this days. I made it through... but more like 5 minutes between sets instead of 75 seconds! Ugh. (I work out at home, so there are lots of excuses to be distracted.)

Personally, I don't mind backing down on the squat, because I feel like my legs get enough workout between the step ups and lunges.
  • jamk1446
    Options
    Did my second Stage 2 Workout A today. One of those terrible I really-don't-want-to-be-doing-this days. I made it through... but more like 5 minutes between sets instead of 75 seconds! Ugh. (I work out at home, so there are lots of excuses to be distracted.)

I have a timer app on my phone, I set it for my rest period otherwise I'll just sit there and zone out, no distractions needed. :laugh:
    Personally, I don't mind backing down on the squat, because I feel like my legs get enough workout between the step ups and lunges.

I've thought of this too, I'm going to do it anyway. I may not walk the next day, but I'm going to do it!
  • gillleeman
    Options

I have a timer app on my phone, I set it for my rest period otherwise I'll just sit there and zone out, no distractions needed. :laugh:
    During my 75 secs I'm still flicking through the book trying to remember the next exercise. With Stage one I found them easy but the names of the exercises confuse me on this stage ie dumbbell prone cuban snatch WTF!!!!!

I've thought of this too, I'm going to do it anyway. I may not walk the next day, but I'm going to do it!
  • gillleeman
    Options
    Hope your shoulder's better Gill!

Its really sore today Jen, so moved my workout to tomorrow. May have to look at some alternate exercises if it doesn't improve, hows yours?
  • gillleeman
    Options
    ^^^^^^^ Sorry girls still trying to get to grips with the quoteing.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Phew, my 1st B workout under my belt. Well, except the HIIT, I'll save that for tomorrow. Takes a while, even though i didn't leave the full rest periods between the ab sections!

I followed the plan except I did the jacknives instead of the SB crunches, i find the jacknives do more for me.

For the underhand pulldowns I tried out my pull up bar, kind of trailed my feet on the floor partially supporting me for chin ups. Can't see myself doing a full chin up anytime soon, it'll be quite a while!

HIIT tomorrow then 8 days away before the last 6 workouts.

Hope you're all having a good wekend! :drinker:
  • gillleeman
    Options
    Did 3B workout today without the HIIT, doing mine tomorrow too. A lot better day today, head was willing as well as the body lol. I'm going to look at those jackknifes too, I'm holding a 12 kg dumbell over my head but its now causing pain in my triceps. Also adapted the cuban snatch and left out the second bit of movement also causes pain in my bad shoulder :grumble: Just done a self massage and ultrasound on said injury so hopefully by Monday a big improvement in it.

HIIT tomorrow, love my HIIT:happy: :happy:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!! Finishing stage 2 today or tomorrow!!! I prefer to workout in the morning and didnt feel like it this morning. Can't wait to start stage 3 but it looks soooo long!!! LOL
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Thank you for your message and friend request!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ecrogers4
    ecrogers4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    During my 75 secs I'm still flicking through the book trying to remember the next exercise. With Stage one I found them easy but the names of the exercises confuse me on this stage ie dumbbell prone cuban snatch WTF!!!!!

Did you download the workout logs from the NROL website? They have log sheets with the exercises already filled out so all you have to do is print it (I printed them out 4 per page so I could take them to the gym as my "cheat sheet."

I just finished my first Stage 2 workout A... HOLY CRAP it kicked my butt... I collapsed and almost cried after my second plank... ugh.
  • gillleeman
    Options

Did you download the workout logs from the NROL website? They have log sheets with the exercises already filled out so all you have to do is print it (I printed them out 4 per page so I could take them to the gym as my "cheat sheet."

Yup do that too!!! :laugh: :laugh: I'm putting it down to age:grumble:
  • gillleeman
    Options
    Did last workout A today, and finish Stage 2 B on Wednesday. I've decided not to take a break and go straight into Stage 3 as Stage 2 hasn't been that long. May regret it we'll see.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    I wish I had done that, too, gill....I lost A LOT of progress with my (extended) vacation break in between Stage 2 and Stage 3.

I will NOT be taking any break between Stage 3 and Stage 4, that's for sure....
  • GeorginaMcKee
    GeorginaMcKee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just started S2 today and loved it. It was nice to mix things up after getting so used to the routine of S1. I'm looking forward to the "B" workout on Wed!!! What have people been doing about the interval section, do you really do it after the lifting or save it for later?
  • ecrogers4
    Options
    Yup do that too!!! I'm putting it down to age

LOL! Too funny!!
    I just started S2 today and loved it. It was nice to mix things up after getting so used to the routine of S1. I'm looking forward to the "B" workout on Wed!!! What have people been doing about the interval section, do you really do it after the lifting or save it for later?

I started Monday too - really enjoyed the change... although - found the first workout in Stage 2 already WAY harder than Stage 1!!! Looking forward to B now!!!!

I've been doing Intervals already through Stage 1 as my "warm up" ... I'm going to keep doing it before because I was seriously D.O.N.E. after the weight section of S2WA yesterday! WOW.
  • jamk1446
    Options
    I'm pretty pooped afterwards to do the HIIT too but I hate cardio so it would be too easy to talk myself out of it the day after. Better to just get it done.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options

I have been trying to fit it in after lifting - mainly because I am not entirely sure I would be disciplined enough to do it the following day! lol It is tough though after all the lifting.
  • ecrogers4
    Options
    Just finished my first S2 WB... HOLY CRAP. Those Bulgarian Split Squats... OMG. My first set turned out more like lunges (too wide a stance) but my second set were proper form - wow... there IS a difference...

Wow wow wow. Stage 2 kicks Stage 1 BUTT!!!