Stage 2

Options

Replies

• SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know it's bad, but I don't do the HIIT. I'm stuck in the house with a baby and I don't have the equipment for it. My husband is always out of town so it's not like I can go for a run alone.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's bad. Lots of people just lift and do nothing else.
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I havent been doing the hiit right. I work out at home and was aiming for a run on the day after however that didnt happen all the time.

Anywho im officially done with stage 2 ladies
    Stats are
    Workout A:
    Front Squat/Push Press: 50 - 50
    Step-ups: 50 - 80 barbell
    Dumbbell 1-point Row: 15 - 22.5
    Static Lunge (rear foot elevated): 80 - 80
    Push-ups:10 reg- 10 reg I squeezed out some T's but not consistently
    Plank: 60 - 60 (tried some on the ball-hard!)
    Wood Chop: 15 - 25 (went from a 15lb kettlebell to 25 lb plate) got some arm work in there too with that plate!

Workout B:
    Deadlift (from box): 100 - 120
    Split Squat: 80 - 80
    Pullover on bench 32.5 I find these to be super hard
    Reverse Lunge/Forward Reach: 25 - 30 (
    Prone Cuban Snatch: 8 - 10 ( move was tough on my right shoulder)
    Swiss Ball 10 with 15lb weight behind head
    Reverse Crunch: 10 added the swiss ball between my legs to make it harder
    Flexion arm to leg- felt every bit of it in my obliques.
    Prone Cobra: ehh skipped this alot

not a weigher or measurer but my stomach is def tighter. will measure after stage 3 since its midway through the program
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I havent been doing the hiit right. I work out at home and was aiming for a run on the day after however that didnt happen all the time.

Anywho im officially done with stage 2 ladies
    Stats are
    Workout A:
    Front Squat/Push Press: 50 - 50
    Step-ups: 50 - 80 barbell
    Dumbbell 1-point Row: 15 - 22.5
    Static Lunge (rear foot elevated): 80 - 80
    Push-ups:10 reg- 10 reg I squeezed out some T's but not consistently
    Plank: 60 - 60 (tried some on the ball-hard!)
    Wood Chop: 15 - 25 (went from a 15lb kettlebell to 25 lb plate) got some arm work in there too with that plate!

Workout B:
    Deadlift (from box): 100 - 120
    Split Squat: 80 - 80
    Pullover on bench 32.5 I find these to be super hard
    Reverse Lunge/Forward Reach: 25 - 30 (
    Prone Cuban Snatch: 8 - 10 ( move was tough on my right shoulder)
    Swiss Ball 10 with 15lb weight behind head
    Reverse Crunch: 10 added the swiss ball between my legs to make it harder
    Flexion arm to leg- felt every bit of it in my obliques.
    Prone Cobra: ehh skipped this alot

not a weigher or measurer but my stomach is def tighter. will measure after stage 3 since its midway through the program

Congrats!!!!! Your weights rock! Step ups with barbell is super badass!! Go Melissa!! See you on Stage 3 thread!!
  • chicbuc
    Options
    Awesome, Melissa!! I have no idea how you do 80 pounds with your static lunge and split squat! I did 20 pounds today and thought I was going to die...lol.
  • melissaw1232
    Options
    [/quote]

Congrats!!!!! Your weights rock! Step ups with barbell is super badass!! Go Melissa!! See you on Stage 3 thread!!
    [/quote]

Thanks Amanda & Chic!
    Step ups with the barbell was actually easier than using the dumbells cuz I wasnt worried about my grip strength. in stage 1 I did 30lb db and that was hard on my arms. switched over to the BB in stage 2 and never looked back! I actually do everything with the BB now..BSS and Static lunge as well
  • chicbuc
    Options
    Oh wait. I started with 20 and couldn't do it and went down to 13. That was dumbells, though, so really 26. Maybe I will try the barbell. I use the barbell for step ups too, but I'm only up to 45lbs with those.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I'm was so worried that the barbell would make me off balance...but I'm going to try next Stage :) congrats again!!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    NthnButMoonshine Posts: 125 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Thanks Amanda & Chic!
    Step ups with the barbell was actually easier than using the dumbells cuz I wasnt worried about my grip strength. in stage 1 I did 30lb db and that was hard on my arms. switched over to the BB in stage 2 and never looked back! I actually do everything with the BB now..BSS and Static lunge as well
    [/quote]

Your weights are VERY impressive on the step ups! Kudos to you! Im stuck with mine. I cant get past 40lbs (2-20lb DBs) thanks to grip strength. Id love to try the BB, but havent been brave enough. Its kind of a tight space and Im afraid of taking out everyone standing next to me with it if I fall over! LOL! Tell me, do you throw it behind your head and across your traps like for back squats, do you cradle it in the crooks of your elbows with your arms across your chest, do you balance it on your collar bones and hold it like you do for front squats?
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I would DIE at 8 for a minute. I can BARELY get through 6.3...lol.

I'm just lurking as I'm in S6 now, but I would have said the same thing in S2, but if you keep increasing by even 0.1 mph for your fastest interval every workout, you will be able to get to 8. My fastest 1-min. interval in S5 was 7.8 mph, but during my break between stages, I tried 1 minute at 8 mph, and it was hard as hell, but I did it, and I bet you'll be able to, too. :happy:
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    I would DIE at 8 for a minute. I can BARELY get through 6.3...lol.

Die? Hardly...fall off the treadmill and collapse into tangled heap gasping for air, maybe. :wink: Seriously, you can do it. Like the gal above me pointed out, just keep adding a few tenths of a mph on your intervals each time and before you know it, you'll be running 8mph. You'll hardly notice the few tenths though. Give a try! :smile:
  • chicbuc
    Options
    I will. And I'll report back...if I'm alive ;)
  • melissaw1232
    Options

[/quote]

Your weights are VERY impressive on the step ups! Kudos to you! Im stuck with mine. I cant get past 40lbs (2-20lb DBs) thanks to grip strength. Id love to try the BB, but havent been brave enough. Its kind of a tight space and Im afraid of taking out everyone standing next to me with it if I fall over! LOL! Tell me, do you throw it behind your head and across your traps like for back squats, do you cradle it in the crooks of your elbows with your arms across your chest, do you balance it on your collar bones and hold it like you do for front squats?
    [/quote]

OHH Nthnbut I could never cradle it!!! I do as im doing a backsquat. It does take a couple of tries to get your balance together but once youve got that you can be off and running. Its why I started with 50lbs. so I suggest maybe just trying it with the barbell(45lbs) which is relatively close to what you doing now in dumbells. I feel that I can focus more now on my actual step up then holding on to the dumbells. maybe a lower step would help for practice runs that way there is less of a chance of losing your balance? Keeps us posted!

Chic when I do manage to sneak hiit in I do 6.2 to 9.8. Just as the other ladies mention you go up gradually and then you dont even feel it - sorta like what we are doing with weights. and yup-your your lifting26lbs on the step ups. Count all your weight!!! dont cheat yourself. You are strong!

Ive previewed stage 3 workouts and im already considering forgoing my rest week..
  • chicbuc
    Options
    Although, I do agree with you, Melissa, remember, I'm short with a long torso. My legs can only move so fast...lol.
  • melissaw1232
    Options
    Although, I do agree with you, Melissa, remember, I'm short with a long torso. My legs can only move so fast...lol.

LOL Chic!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    Chic - I expect we'll be hearing good news from you soon! Oh, and Im all of 5' 4", so I hear ya on the "short legs only move so fast" bit. You can do it!!

Melissa - I totally wanted to give it a go on my last Workout A yesterday, but my eldest (4 years old) woke up sick, so I kept him home from school. I had to wait to hit the gym until after my hubby came home from work. It was packed and it was a much different crowd. If I would have fallen flat on my face in front of the usual morning crowd I would have laughed and Im sure half of them would have pulled me off the floor and laughed with me. This crowd was much different. Not very friendly, very grabby grabby with equipment, just....rude. It sucked. I checked the bootcamp room hoping to borrow a box and barbell in there because sometimes its an empty room...no go either. I guess Ill have to wait to be brave until Stage 4 when the step ups rear their ugly heads again.
  • melissaw1232
    Options
    Chic - I expect we'll be hearing good news from you soon! Oh, and Im all of 5' 4", so I hear ya on the "short legs only move so fast" bit. You can do it!!

Melissa - I totally wanted to give it a go on my last Workout A yesterday, but my eldest (4 years old) woke up sick, so I kept him home from school. I had to wait to hit the gym until after my hubby came home from work. It was packed and it was a much different crowd. If I would have fallen flat on my face in front of the usual morning crowd I would have laughed and Im sure half of them would have pulled me off the floor and laughed with me. This crowd was much different. Not very friendly, very grabby grabby with equipment, just....rude. It sucked. I checked the bootcamp room hoping to borrow a box and barbell in there because sometimes its an empty room...no go either. I guess Ill have to wait to be brave until Stage 4 when the step ups rear their ugly heads again.

LOL @ step up rearing their ugly head again..just when u was getting fond of them!
    I hope that your little one is ok!
    well just for shyts and giiggles you could always try them out when the gym in front of your usual morning crowd. to see how you like them. Are you taking the full week off? I keep looking at the exercises and already feel and itch to start stage 3. I guess thats a good thing but I wanna give my body enough rest
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Melissa - your weights are incredible! I am doing step ups with 45 pounds and I could not imagine going up any further than that (they are so tough!). I am so impressed with your strength!

Today I had a NSV as they call it. I went to the grocery store for a couple of things because we are going away to the camp this weekend. So since there is no good water, I buy the 24 bottles of water to take up. I usually have a little struggle with these because they are heavy and awkward but today I lifted them with no problems at all. I was so happy with myself and I can really see where my strength has improved. I also threw around a ten pound bag of potatoes like they were nothing. All I can say is thank you NROLFW for opening my eyes to the potential of my body! Woohoo! Can't wait for tomorrow's workout!
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    susanmc, that's a good NSV! It's always nice feeling stronger.
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options

LOL @ step up rearing their ugly head again..just when u was getting fond of them!
    I hope that your little one is ok!
    well just for shyts and giiggles you could always try them out when the gym in front of your usual morning crowd. to see how you like them. Are you taking the full week off? I keep looking at the exercises and already feel and itch to start stage 3. I guess thats a good thing but I wanna give my body enough rest

I shall never be fond of those evil step ups! No matter how much good they do my butt! I shall always and forever hate them! LOL! I plan on finishing Stage 2 tomorrow (Friday). If my trainer is available to guide me through the first go, Id like to jump right into Stage 3 next week on Tuesday. Of course that is also dependent upon how my youngest comes out of surgery as well. She has a blocked tear duct on her left eye. My son had the same issue with both eyes and was up running around again as soon as the anesthesia wore off...so Id say my odds are pretty good. I figure this way I can take my week of rest the same week as Halloween. So lots and lots of last minute sewing for me! Joy!