Stage 4

Options

Replies

• hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Workout A4 for me today. Here's my progress, starting with where I ended stage 2, then what I used to start stage 4, and where I ended today:

FSPP: 45 lb. x3 reps --> 45 lb. x7 reps*--> 45 lb. x8 reps (all 3 sets)
    *For Stage 4, Workouts A1 & A2, I did some of the reps by splitting the move into back squats & DB shoulder presses.

Step-Up: 60 lb. (mid-shin platform) --> 40 lb. (platform 3" below knees) --> 55 lb. (platform 3" below knees)
    DB 1-pt. Row: 25 lb. --> 30 lb. --> 55 lb.
    Static Elevated Lunge: 30 lb. --> 30 lb. --> 40 lb.
    Pushups: Smith 6th Peg --> Smith 6th Peg --> Smith 4th & 5th Pegs (half on 4th peg, then 2nd half on 5th peg for each set)
    Plank: 100 sec. --> 90 sec. --> 120 sec.
    Wood-Chops: 27.5 lb. --> 25 lb. --> 35 lb.

For reference on the pushups, the bar at the 6th peg is around mid/upper-thigh height. At the 5th peg, it's around 2-3" above my knee, and at the 4th peg, it's just below my knee (touching the bottom of my kneecap).

Some really good increases there Karen - glad to see you are progressing on the pushups as well, it won't be long before you can do them off the floor!!
    With your step ups & rows - is that 2 55lb dumbbells you are using?, Impressive either way though!!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Some really good increases there Karen - glad to see you are progressing on the pushups as well, it won't be long before you can do them off the floor!!
    With your step ups & rows - is that 2 55lb dumbbells you are using?, Impressive either way though!!

Thanks, but no, my step-ups & rows are total weight. I ended today with 27.5 lb. DBs on those.
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Workout B - FInal one completed, now done with Stage 4
    Final Numbers:
    Deadlifts: 132 lbs. to 156 lbs.
    Bulgarian Split Squats: BW to 11lb.
    Underhand Lat pulldowns: 55lb pullovers. to 125 lbs. now doing assisted chin ups at home
    Reverse Lunge from Box: - done with 17.6lb
    Cuban Snatch: 2x8.8lb to 2x11lb (did three with 17.6 though)

See you in Stage 5 :smile:
  • karensoxfan
    Options
    Workout B - FInal one completed, now done with Stage 4
    Final Numbers:
    Deadlifts: 132 lbs. to 156 lbs.
    Bulgarian Split Squats: BW to 11lb.
    Underhand Lat pulldowns: 55lb pullovers. to 125 lbs. now doing assisted chin ups at home
    Reverse Lunge from Box: - done with 17.6lb
    Cuban Snatch: 2x8.8lb to 2x11lb (did three with 17.6 though)

See you in Stage 5 :smile:

Awesome job! Congrats on finishing stage 4. :happy:
  • cpa8198
    cpa8198 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    hypallage: Great job... deadlift is awesome... I'm looking forward to the day I can lift over 100... stuck at 95 :sad:

karen: Way to go on your Final A numbers!

I plan on doing B3 tonight and finishing S4 next week... one week off... then see you both in Stage 5. Soooo excited... I hate this stage!
  • cpa8198
    Options
    B3... check!

I went after 8:30p last night and expected "peace".... the area where I do the Bulgarian split squats and the lat pulldowns are on the opposite sides of the gym. So I left my towel, paper, pen and water bottle at the BSS station to do a set of pulldowns. When I came back, all my stuff was on the floor. The A** of a personal trainer took *MY* bench to use with his client on the smith machine (right beside my station). I gave him an EVIL, EVIL look... walked about 5 steps and grabbed another bench. BTW, there were at least 5 not being used... not too far way. JERK!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Awesome numbers, Karen! I'm sad I won't be joining you in Stage 5.

cpa-that would just irk me. No reason to behave badly in or outside of the gym.
  • karensoxfan
    Options
    I'm now officially done with Stage 4! :happy:

I did workout B4 yesterday, with intervals this morning. I don't have all my notes on where I ended stage 2 & started stage 4, but I remember my end weights yesterday:

Wide-grip deadlift (no box): 110 lb.
    Bulgarian split-squat: 27.5 lb. (1 DB held vertical)
    Underhand lat-pull: 105 lb.
    Reverse-box lunge: 35 lb. (2 DBs, 17.5 lb. ea.)
    Cuban snatch: 25 lb. (2 DBs, 12.5 lb. each - tried 15's, but only got 3 reps)
    SB crunch: 12.5 lb. overhead (1 DB)
    Reverse crunch: still on the floor, haven't tried incline yet.
    Lateral flexion: SB side crunches (loved, loved, loved these!)
    Cobra: 120 seconds (arms spread wider than I had in previous stages).
    Intervals: 1-minute run speeds @ 6.3, 6.8, 7.2, 7.3, and 7.4 mph.

I think my biggest improvement was on the split squats. I think I started on those with 20 lb., and increased pretty steadily. Other increases were more modest.
  • cpa8198
    Options
    A4 check!
    B4 on Wednesday... then I'll post results :)

Good job on finishing S4, Karen.... are you taking a break before S5?
  • karensoxfan
    Options
    cpa - just a short break. I'm walking the Boston Marathon on Sunday Sept. 9, so I'm only planning to lift twice that week (prob. Wed. & Fri.), so to get a little head start and still finish stage 5 when I normall would if I took a full rest week, I'm going to start this Friday, after 4 days without lifting.

What about you? Are you moving straight from 4 to 5, or are you taking a rest week?
  • cpa8198
    Options
    Karen-I will rest for a little over a week. I'm going to give my shoulder a break. The next 90 day challenge at our gym starts 9/10... I'll start S5 that week.
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies on finishing Stage 4...and with some impressive numbers!

I do my last A workout today and will finish up on Monday with B. I'm starting to have aches and pains again while lifting, so I'm thinking I'll take a break before starting Stage 5.
  • cpa8198
    Options
    Got sidetracked by a business trip that went a day over. I was supposed to lift my final B workout... but I was just too tired. Thursday is usually a very hectic day---- but I am mentally preparing myself to go tonight!
  • cpa8198
    Options
    Stage 4 DONE!!!! Yay!!!! FINALLY!!!

Workout A:
    FSPP: 45 > 45 (No change due to shoulder injury)
    Step up: 40 (2x20 dbs) > 55 (bar + 2x5)
    DB 1pt row 40 > 50
    S Lunge Ft el 40 2x20 dbs) > 55 (bar + 2x5)
    Push up 8 > 8 on floor.... can't get chest as low as it should... I think partially to shoulder injury... too scared to go lower
    Plank Longest 120 back all the way down to 60 towards the end (shoulder really bothering me in this position)
    H Wood chop 9th plate > 10th plate... not sure how much each plate weights... probably 5 lbs each

Workout B:
    Reg DL 95 > 95
    B Split Squat 45 > 55
    UH lat PD 70 > 80
    Rv Lunge 50 > 50
    DB Cuban snatch 14 > 18
    SW Ball Crunch 25 > 35 On chest
    Rv Crunch BW on bench then on floor
    Lateral flexion BW
    Prone Cobra 120 (some superman)... ran out of time last night though... only did one set of 60 for all Ab work

No HIITs... hate those :)

Bod Pod this weekend, then on to Stage 5 on 9/10... so excited.

Edited.... I wasn't done yet... stupid tab doesn't work in here :grumble:
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Workout A:
    FSPP: 30 to 50#
    Step up: 30 to 40# on 3 ft step up
    DB 1pt Row: 40 to 50#
    S Lunge: 30 to 50 #
    Push up: 8 to 8 on floor. Can certainly feel the difference from when I began.
    Plank: 60 to 90 seconds. Need to work more on core.
    H Wood chop 22.7 to 27.7#

Workout B:
    Reg DL: 85 to 105#
    B Split Squat: 30 to 45 #
    UH lat PD: 50 to 60#
    Rv Lunge: 40 to 50#
    DB Cuban snatch: 10 to 16#
    SW Ball Crunch: 12kg to 35# on chest
    Rv Crunch BW on floor
    Lateral flexion BW
    Prone Cobra: 120 seconds

Onwards.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    A1is complete! Anyone else joining me for this stage?
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Really? No one???
  • asidebottom
    Options
    I'm in! Just got back from holidays and will be picking it up tomorrow.

Excited to see if I can do better on the push press than last time.

How did you get on?

:bigsmile:
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Yay!
    i was able to basically pick up where I left off in stage 2. Push-ups felt easier for some odd reason. I do them from the floor, but not the best form. They didn't kill me though. I HATE planks....
  • asidebottom
    Options
    I hate planks too, I can't even do 90 secs mostly 2 minutes no way!!

I'm off this afternoon, will report back.