!Daily Check In Here! Week 1: Nov 16-21

Options
Hi all!

We'll have a dedicated post for each week on Ripped In 30!

Keep us updated on your success and commitment here. And if you find this group is not for you after all, no worries, but please be sure to "un-join" the group so we have an accurate idea of how many start/finish this challenge.

This looks like a great group of folks and let's welcome and encourage each other along the way. Many of us are coming off @melgibson's Serious Shredders Group (which ends today, 11/15) and found the camaraderie to be very inspiring. That's the idea here--to continue!

So get out you Ripped In 30 DVD or download and prepare to fire up your engines. Let us know what day/level you are on each day.

Cheers to the group and feel free to take measurements so we can track our successes at the end of the month. If someone wants to volunteer to total up the inches/pounds lost by the group 30 days from now, that would be awesome!

Welcome! :bigsmile: Official Day 1 is Wednesday, November 16.

Replies

• smadrigal04
    Options
    W1D2 down with JM Ripped in 30. Also did 1 hour of boxing at the gym today.
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Will be starting with all of you tomorrow :drinker: I will be taking measurements in the morning!!! Good Luck everyone!!!
  • GMPetti82
    GMPetti82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited I happened upon this group today! I was just thinking I needed a way to keep up on this awesome workout plan, and you just happened to be starting tomorrow. Coincidence? I think not!
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    Starting tomorrow too, I'll take my starting weight & measurements & body fat % in the morning. So glad I joined this group, I need out of the rut!!!! I'll be needing some people to give me a big kick in the *kitten*!
  • JoseeRenee
    JoseeRenee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get started and actually completing the DVD challenge this time around :)
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday and am super sore. About to (attempt to) do day 2 haha. It didn't seem too difficult at the time but oh man going upstairs hurt afterward.
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi to all my co Rippers,Still waiting for my package(dvd). I will weigh/measure today.I will be doing my workout tonight.
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    D2W1-2 days complete!

I love this DVD and its only day 2 !

Thank goodness for 30ds before this or else I would be so screwed. I'm glad Jillian has already been kicking my butt for 30 days
  • azachery
    azachery Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am happy to start with you all. I seem to never get past level 1. I want to get through the entire DVD this time! I am sure I will with all of your support.
  • GMPetti82
    GMPetti82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Heading to bed so I can get up early and rock this DVD! Good luck to all who are starting tomorrow!
  • starfires
    starfires Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I did W1D1 yesterday but I've come down with a bad cold/flu so I think I'll have to use today as a rest day. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. :yawn:
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    Today is my start day. Determined to do Day 1 workout as soon as I get home from work, before I do anything else. I did my starting weight & measurements this morning:

Hips: 38in
    Waist: 30.5in
    Chest: 37.25in
    Thigh: 21.5in

Weight: 138lb
    Body Fat%: 26%

Can't wait to see the results after a month. My plan is to do weekly weigh-ins & body fat, but not doing my measurements until after the end of the 30 days. I think I will do my weigh-ins on Friday mornings. I tend to do very well during the week, but slack off on the weekends. Maybe if I see improvements on my Friday morning weigh-ins, I will be a little more motivated to keep myself in check over the weekends.

Let's get started!!!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Looks like I broke through my plateau. I finally dropped under 147. Also took measurements for the first time in ages and was pleasantly surprised that I'm 2 inches smaller in the waist and hips than last time I checked. Thigh is 22.5.

SO SORE.
  • kelgwin36
    kelgwin36 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Picked up the DVD on my way home last night and was so excited I started level 1 as soon as I got home!!:laugh:
    Anyway, I guess I did W1D2 this morning as I plan on going to Zumba tonight.
    Feeling great!

Also did my measurements:
    Hips: 41
    Waist: 31
    Chest 40
    Thigh 24.5
    Weight 157.4
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Week 1 Day 1 D-O-N-E

What a great workout! Took a little longer than The Shred but I got a great burn per my HRM -- 216 calories.

I'll do measurements later.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Rippers!
    I'm so excited to get started! I just finished 30-DS two days ago and my body is feeling sore but ready to go! I joined MFP about 6 weeks ago and started 30-DS 2 weeks in, right around the 10th of October, I believe. I have lost a total of about 7-8 lbs and 11 inches from my entire body. i can't WAIT to see what results i get from ripped, especially the inches. i couldn't believe it! Here are my starting stats, taken yesterday:

Bust: 37.25
    Waist: 31.25
    Hips: 40
    Abdomen: 37.75
    Thigh: 21.5
    Arm: 11.5
    Calf: 14
    Body fat %: 27.4
    Weight: 160

I exercise at night so I will be back here tonight to say how it went! Glad to be a part of this group with you all- let's get Ripped!!
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow rippers,
    I just finished 1 workout, It's day 1 level 1 week 1 Of Ripped in 30.
    My measurements:
    Bust = 38"
    Waist = 34"
    Hips = 37"
    Arms = 12.5"
    Thighs = 21"

My weight = 146.4lbs
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Good morning!!

I took my measurements but they're at home, and I'm not...so I'll have to post them later. I do know my weight was 159.4 and my BMI is 22.9 according to the weigh-in app that I use on my phone.

I'm very proud of myself today! I am soooo against getting up earlier than absolutely necessary - for anything - ever. I value my sleep. I plan my workouts for after work normally. But I do Jazzercise after work on most days, and have started C25K also which I am doing on Tuesdays and Thursdays after work and on a weekend day (at least that's the plan). But, I really wanted to do this Ripped in 30 as well. I wasn't willing to give up Jazzercise more nights, since I already gave up two for the running. Didn't wanna give up my running now that I'm going again - it's kind of a dream of mine to be able to run. And I knew that to think I was going to go home and complete a video every evening of the week after already doing another workout of some sort was just unrealistic...and what about dinner, and the errands, and whatever else may come up along the way, you know? Plus, what about just being able to relax once in a while?!

SO....

I actually got up early this morning. And did the Ripped in 30 video. Hooray for me!! My HRM says I burned 321 calories. Not bad for an early morning!!
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    Good morning!!

I took my measurements but they're at home, and I'm not...so I'll have to post them later. I do know my weight was 159.4 and my BMI is 22.9 according to the weigh-in app that I use on my phone.

I'm very proud of myself today! I am soooo against getting up earlier than absolutely necessary - for anything - ever. I value my sleep. I plan my workouts for after work normally. But I do Jazzercise after work on most days, and have started C25K also which I am doing on Tuesdays and Thursdays after work and on a weekend day (at least that's the plan). But, I really wanted to do this Ripped in 30 as well. I wasn't willing to give up Jazzercise more nights, since I already gave up two for the running. Didn't wanna give up my running now that I'm going again - it's kind of a dream of mine to be able to run. And I knew that to think I was going to go home and complete a video every evening of the week after already doing another workout of some sort was just unrealistic...and what about dinner, and the errands, and whatever else may come up along the way, you know? Plus, what about just being able to relax once in a while?!

SO....

I actually got up early this morning. And did the Ripped in 30 video. Hooray for me!! My HRM says I burned 321 calories. Not bad for an early morning!!

Be proud!!! That is SOOOO awesome!!! I wish I could do a workout in the morning, but I already have to get up at 4:40am. I get home at 4:00pm & I just have to force myself to do R in 30 as soon as I walk in the door, before anything else.
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    RI30 Week 1 Day 1 (workout 1) DONE!!!

That was great :)

30DS really prepared me well for RI30 - I hope that I can stick with it :)

Happy ripping everyone :)