Replies

• sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Whew! I am SWEATY!

Week 1 Day 2 DONE!

225 cals burned per HRM

Used 5# except in circuit 2 where I used 8#

I am loving the routine so far and I like how she does 3 different strength exercises which really keeps it moving.

Hope you are all having fun (ahem) with the workout so far!
  • sunshinegirlnm
    Options
    W1D3 done!! My chest and ham strings are a little sore today, but other than that I feel great!!

Was so proud today, did about half of each push up set on my toes and I was able to hold hollow man the whole time :happy:

I am doing most of the work out with 5lb weights.... side lungs I go down to 3lb and I use an 8lb for the squat swing.

Have a great day!!

Congrats! That is really awesome progress. :drinker: Cheers!
  • sunshinegirlnm
    Options
    I suck at the side lunges too - I don't trust my legs. I was recently in physical therapy for my left hip and my entire left leg is kinda weak...so I'm sure my form isn't the best, but I'm doing the best I can!!

Trust your body. Maybe just do the side lunges holding one weight with both hands until you feel more steady? If that doesn't improve it then I'd modify by just doing a side leg lift and arm raise with a weight while holding onto a door frame with the other hand. Make sense? Good luck? And no doubt you'll see some improvement in the B&A shots.
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    W1D2 Done. Oh the hammies are feelin it. Love the deadlifts and good mornings. Not lovin the side lunges. They are tough for me. Not the lunge part but the arms!!!! Push ups are slowly but surely improving. The abs seems to be the easiest part ....so far.
    All in all--it's all good.
    Cristi
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    My legs are getting more sore as the day goes on - mainly the upper back of my thighs.

I still have my running to do tonight too!!

I'm gonna get strong and in shape!!

:bigsmile:
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    W1D2 done!!! Proud of myself. I did the push ups on my toes, it was difficult, but i made it thru. Just went slow & made it both times.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! Well I did it, my first Ri30 day!! My knees made horrible cracking noises and I couldn't do a push up, but I am still alive!!

Week 1 Day 1 check!

I am pretty darn proud of myself.
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    day 3 week 1 done
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me today of 30 Day Ripped :bigsmile: Love it so far!!!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Okay, since I'm new I'll post all my stats.

W1D2 DONE and wow am I sore from yesterday, especially in the butt!

I'm Sarah.
    I'm 5'1.5"
    Weigh In: 134.2
    Bust: 39
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 38.5

I thought I was working hard with my other DVD's but this one gets new areas. I love it!

As for the side lunges.. I have to cheat. I'm coordination challenged so I just get in the side lunge position (butt behind me like she says) and do the arm raises from that static position. Since we do it twice, I do one side and then the other.
    I just can't lift my arms and move my legs at the same time!

So happy we have this group, it helps me stay motivated!
  • xorachelrose
    Options
    D4W1 - 4 days complete!

My boyfriend decided to tang along with me today..

lol he was dying. haha. I let him use my weights since i was a little sore.

I'm excited for tomorrow :)
  • spaceEF
    spaceEF Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    MAN! Day 2, wk1-aka level one? DONE! I was wondering today why my bum and hamstrings were so sore. And then I did my work out and said oooooooh because we're doing side lunges again. Gets me every time! Even though I'm literally dripping sweat with this work out, it goes by pretty quickly....so far. Is anyone else nervous as to why the modified girl moves just like a robot?!?! She is something else I tell ya. I hope I can handle how hard the next weeks are going to be!!! hahaha
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Finished my last day in week one today, and really i had wanted to skip to week 2 but i did my last week 1 today, I was able to hold the plank position the whole time this time and my abs were certainly feeling it lol.

I hate the side lunges and front lunges (never have liked any kind of lunges lol)

I'm loving this workout.
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am a day late. just received it in the mail today. Looking forward to great results! I had amazing results with 30 DS.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done! felt awesome. the moves that i find toughest are a lot of the cardio. Those "running mans", especially. i can feel my abs working though, even into the next day so i'm pleased so far. I loved 30DS but didn't really feel that *burn" too often, though it was effective. this is a tough one- keep it up you guys, we GOT this!

Is anyone following her diet plan too?

Also, is the little ache in my lower back all right? it does go away after the workout is over and she says a few times that you'll feel it in the lower back but i wanted to get everyone's opinion. i'm 98% sure i'm doing nearly all of the reps of things like deadlifts exactly right but still have that ache. is it maybe just the muscles around the core and back strengthening? i'm a little overly cautious about potential back injuries as both of my parents have both injured their backs badly.
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    just finished day1 week 1. wow! I like it even better than 30 DS! I find that shw spends more time in warm up and cool down and that's good.
  • spaceEF
    Options
    Maaaaaan, how are some people almost or already an entire week in? It's day two. There can't be time zones that far apart. You over achievers you!! Calm yourselves, hahaha. Great job though ;)
  • spaceEF
    Options
    Great work so far in this group! You guys really inspire me.

I am sore in new places....and I'm so glad that Ripped changes workouts more frequently than Shred. Less boredom doing the same routine for 10 days. Does Jillian seem more "drill Sargent" than ever?!?!?!

Happy day!

LOL yes she is a tough cookie on this one!!!
  • spaceEF
    Options
    OK I'm getting with the program. I posted in the wrong place.
    W1D1-done (yesterday)
    Will get to Day 2 today. Loved the work out yesterday and I'm feeling the deadlifts today. Which is great.
    Cristi

Great to have you here too!!
  • spaceEF
    Options
    Hi all!! Well I did it, my first Ri30 day!! My knees made horrible cracking noises and I couldn't do a push up, but I am still alive!!

Week 1 Day 1 check!

I am pretty darn proud of myself.

As you should be!!! Great going! Keep it up and we'll be at day 30 before we know it :)