!Daily Check In Here! Week 1: Nov 16-21

Options

Replies

• tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm home and have my measurements in front of me now!

Chest - 35"
    Waist - 31"
    Belly Button - 35.75"
    3" Below Belly Button - 38.5"
    Butt/Hips - 42.25"
    Under Butt (Around Saddle Bag Area") - 40.25"
    Thighs - 20.75" each
    Upper Arms - 12" each
    Calf L - 14.25"
    Calf R - 14.5"

And just to keep it all together, my weight this morning was 159.4 which is 22.9 BMI.

Thank you for posting this. I wasn't sure what all to measure. I am starting tomorrow
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Day one Done!

Even though there are no v raises, I had forgotten from the shred how much I hated the side lunges with arm lifts. At least this time it's only 30 sec chunks, so slightly more bearable. And after doing punches with weights, my arms were flying!!

Need to up the weights a wee bit tomorrow, but after a good swim this morning, not feeling as strong as usual...I'll break this plateau if its the last thing I do!!

As soon as she said side lunges I groaned - I never wanted to do them again after 30DS!

I finished Level 1, Day 1 and I was overall surprised by how easy it was - I know I'm gonna regret saying that as it gets harder but I think doing 30DS first made this less intense. I was able to keep up with Basheera through almost all of it.

I have my ending 30DS measurements and we'll see what the next month brings!
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!

Workout day 2 done. :)

I was sore when I woke this morning!!
  • kdenny1
    kdenny1 Posts: 134
    Options
    completed w1d1 last night. will take measurements this morning
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Haven't taken any measurements, but my weight is 127, just looking to maintain and build some muscle.
    Wk1 Day 1 done. I am glad I shredded first!
  • GMPetti82
    GMPetti82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done. And I hate the side lunges too! I'm using 5 lbs weights through the whole thing, but have to bring it down to 2lbs for that one exercise (or just put down my 1 weight and hold on to the other with both hands.) I think I should try to enjoy the more basic exercises, though. I've gotten to week three before, and it definitely gets tough. Never made it to week 4, though.
  • dreamz48
    dreamz48 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!!

I will be starting Day1 Week 1 today when I get home from work. I will post again to let ya'll know I did it, and to add my measurements.
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Chest - 35"
    Waist - 31"
    Belly Button - 35.75"
    Butt/Hips - 42.25"
    Thighs - 20.75" each
    Upper Arms - 12" each
    Calf L - 14.25"
    Calf R - 14.5"

And just to keep it all together, my weight this morning was 159.4 which is 22.9 BMI.

I think your measurements are more complete than mine and can i copy them for my guidelines?
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    day 2 level 1 for week 1 done. I must say this workout level1 is a lot easier than 30DS or maybe my body is adjusted in harder workout. But i so love it too!
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    OK I'm getting with the program. I posted in the wrong place.
    W1D1-done (yesterday)
    Will get to Day 2 today. Loved the work out yesterday and I'm feeling the deadlifts today. Which is great.
    Cristi
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Great work so far in this group! You guys really inspire me.

I am sore in new places....and I'm so glad that Ripped changes workouts more frequently than Shred. Less boredom doing the same routine for 10 days. Does Jillian seem more "drill Sargent" than ever?!?!?!

Happy day!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Started a day late D1 W1 done. Thank Goodness I just finished the shred, I don't think I would have made it. My arms feel it already, I have zumba tonight so maybe I can work through any soreness.

I do have a question- My normal rest day is Saturday, I do zumba in the morning and nothing else but family time the rest of the day. Do you think it is ok to rest after only 2 workouts?

I have more detailed measurements for this workout, for the Shred I did minimal measurements and I know I lost inches in places that weren't measured. (MY BUTT!)
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options

I do have a question- My normal rest day is Saturday, I do zumba in the morning and nothing else but family time the rest of the day. Do you think it is ok to rest after only 2 workouts?

Jillian reccomends one or two rest days each week doing RIT. Just listen to your body--if you need rest, then rest. Work the workout according to what you need, when you need it. There's more flexibility in this program than The Shred which I for one appreciate.

Keep it up!
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    W1D4 done!
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Hello!

Chest - 35"
    Waist - 31"
    Belly Button - 35.75"
    Butt/Hips - 42.25"
    Thighs - 20.75" each
    Upper Arms - 12" each
    Calf L - 14.25"
    Calf R - 14.5"

I think your measurements are more complete than mine and can i copy them for my guidelines?

Of course! No need to ask!
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    I did it! W1D2 of Ri30!! And I burned 331 calories according to my HRM, so I guess yesterday wasn't a fluke! :)

I start to really struggle at the running man. I suck at the side lunges too - I don't trust my legs. I was recently in physical therapy for my left hip and my entire left leg is kinda weak...so I'm sure my form isn't the best, but I'm doing the best I can!!

I also suck at pushups...I'm hoping by the end of this video I'll be able to do some toe-pushups!! :) And I want sexy arms with a nice defined shape.

Not asking too much, am I? :wink:

I took some pics the night before starting...did you guys take pics too? I'm hoping the one I took of my back with my arms flexed will show a nice change!!
  • kelgwin36
    kelgwin36 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    W1D3 done!! My chest and ham strings are a little sore today, but other than that I feel great!!

Was so proud today, did about half of each push up set on my toes and I was able to hold hollow man the whole time :happy:

I am doing most of the work out with 5lb weights.... side lungs I go down to 3lb and I use an 8lb for the squat swing.

Have a great day!!
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    W1D2 complete :)

I didn't get a chance yesterday to post starting weight/measurements so here they are:

Weight: 147.5 lbs
    Height: 5'2"

Bust: 35.5"
    Waist: 31"
    Tummy: 37"
    Hips: 37.5"
    R Arm: 11.50"
    L Arm: 12"
    R Thigh: 24"
    L Thigh 24.25"
    R Calf: 15.25"
    L Calf 15.50"

"Transformation is not a future event. It is a present day activity!" Love this Jillian quote... so true!!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hi I did my 5th day of Week 1 yesterday! :)
    um it's still really hard. lol. ;)
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Finished up with D2W1. Feeling pretty good so far, a little sore in my legs and shoulders but nothing too bad.