Need more members.

Options
13»

Replies

• RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Renée and I'm Police Dispatcher in Alberta Canada. I've been here 3 years this October and can't see myself going back to a boring office job. I'm also an Advocate with Victim Services.
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Brian. I'm from USA, PA. Going though paramedic internship right now. I'm also a vegetarian and web developer. My goal is one day being within the "healthy" range in the BMI scale, however I'm unsure if that's possible if I lost every ounce of fat on my body.
  • gatigress
    gatigress Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just joined this site this morning, and it seems like a cool place to share thoughts with others who are trying to lose weight. I work as a psych nurse, I do baylor shift currently (weekend nights 7p-7am) Just got off of 2 years of fulltime night shifts. Sadly I blame most of my weight gain on night shift, high stress, and the tempting snack machine with the peanut butter snickers in it. :)
    Nice to meet everyone!
  • leneveu2
    leneveu2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been a paramedic since 1990. I lost my job as a flight medic because of my weight. Now back on the streets and suffering because of my weight. But, I am taking it one step at a time. Glad to see others from my career path are here and working toward healthyness.
  • ZL9685
    ZL9685 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'm a Paramedics student in New Zealand, two semesters into a 3 year degree.
    Looking at shifting to Canada upon graduation, getting fit for the 1100 clinical hours coming my way next week....
    Should be fun though!
  • asystolern
    asystolern Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello all!! Im an ER nurse in the philadelphia area for the last 12 years. Im working nights right now and its killing my diet and working out!! Always looking for supportive healthcare people who actually know what its like to be too busy to eat, pee, sit down, etc!!!
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Dispatcher here from Missouri! My name is Lara... so glad to have people relate to crazy hours and not always knowing when or if you will be able to eat on a given shift.
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    hello! Firefighter/emt here. hopefully starting paramedic class again soon...
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    medic in SC, unless someone dies, then I'm a first responder!
  • Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello All...joined the group about a month ago. Part time Medic and a Full Time Coroner. Ironic??? I know.
  • Stuart5646
    Stuart5646 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Thought I should introduce myself, part time Volunteer Police Officer and Police Staff Investigator for my paid role.

I'm hoping to loose some timber and get back into my original uniform
  • Lantzbug
    Options
    Hi. My name is Erica. I'm 32 years old, have a 5 year old daughter and work in centralized 911 dispatch for the past 10 years on 2nd shift. I just started MFP about 2 weeks ago. I really like it. How great to find a group that understands unconventional hours and stress.