Excess Skin Forum (Surgery or Body Image)

Options
1235»

Replies

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I would so love to have my arms, inner thighs and stomach done. A breast lift and butt lift would be great too, but my arms, legs and stomach are the worst. I have horrible bat wings, my stomach looks like I have a deflated tire just above my waist and upper thighs are saggy and hanging.
    I look pretty good with clothes on and don't let even the batwings stop me from wearing tank tops or sleeveless shirts, but I still want them fixed. I wear long shorts or capris to cover the saggy thighs. The stomach is just what it is. Nothing except spanks can hide it and it's entirely too hot for spanks now. lol So I just deal with it. It doesn't bother me too bad, but I still want it gone.
    My butt is virtually no existant, so a belt is necessary or my pants slide and show my crack when I'm stooping or bending. lol My boobs are a little saggy, but not bad. Nothing a good bra can't correct although if I was getting the rest of it done, I would go ahead and have a breast lift too.
    My insurance will not pay for any of the surgery as it is all cosmetic and since I was forced to take a job that pays just about 1/2 of what I use to make, right not self paying is not an option.
    So for now, I will just live with the excess skin.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    As I already posted here, other than the tummy tuck, the rest of the reconstructive surgery is on my dime. The husband has suggested I contact a "skin bank" to see if they might help with the cost if I donate the skin. Anyone tried this?
  • LetrellC
    LetrellC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I feel so blessed. I am 6 years post up in June. Lost 200 lbs. (way too much). Have had a fight to put weight back on. I was approved for the lift and the batwings in 2011. But I was chicken to do it and cancelled. I'm back in the loop...mentally ready for this step. I'm nervous. I have my first plastics appt in 4 weeks...then we schedule the date for the lift first....then the batwings following.

Thank you so much for creating this thread. I need all the education I can get on this. Knowledge is what calms me down. The uncertain drives me batty (no pun intended).

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I could use as many as I can find on here.

Looking forward to reading more on the issue.

Thanks again, everyone, for posting.