Stage 1

Options

Replies

• dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Lunges are the death of me. I can't describe just how much I dislike them but I do. I seriously dislike doing lunges. It's like my legs and knees weren't made for lunges.. Other than that. so far so good. Havent lost any weight though.. I do see small changes in my body and clothes fit just a tad looser so that's a great sign for me.
    I really want to step up my cardio on days I dont lift.. (no more than 30mins if I'm jogging) but I'm finding it hard because Im to damn tired...
    Also.. ladies ... what protein shakes do you make/buy???

Totally agree on lunges, and on upping cardio...it's just hard to fit it all in. Sigh.

I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate protein powder, and Now Foods Pure Whey Protein Isolate--unflavored. I also tried Designer Protein French Vanilla, but am not crazy about it.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    5 pound weight gain in stage one, week one?!

Realistically, I know it's not possible to gain that much weight. I did up my calories significantly though. Yikes.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

Realistically, I know it's not possible to gain that much weight. I did up my calories significantly though. Yikes.

I've gained (but not weighing--it's killing me). pants are tight. I'm just going with it bc many people have said they gain in stage 1, but pants get smaller in stage 2 or 3.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

You gained 5 pounds in a week? I did gain 4 lbs over the first 2 weeks. I am down 2 now.

I don't think yours or mine is fat . BUT it sure doesn't help my mindset.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    HELP LADIES!

My little one was playing with my book and "logging" her time, weight, and reps in and now I can't find it.

I know it will turn up but I am going to gym early in the am. Would you , could you? please tell me the reps on workout 5? It's 3 ? How many in each rep?

Thanks.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    HELP LADIES!

My little one was playing with my book and "logging" her time, weight, and reps in and now I can't find it.

I know it will turn up but I am going to gym early in the am. Would you , could you? please tell me the reps on workout 5? It's 3 ? How many in each rep?

Thanks.

3 sets of 10. I was just looking over it for tomorrow.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    thank you thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    thank you thank you :flowerforyou:

:smile:
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just started yesterday 1st workout done, drank my first ever protein shake, feeling a little sore but good today. I want to See this through so if anyone is looking for more friends please add me and we can do it together!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Just started this morning, and posted a separate thread with my thoughts on it, but it felt like a good workout. I don't feel sore post-workout (yet) though, so I hope I didn't do it all wrong...
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Just started this morning, and posted a separate thread with my thoughts on it, but it felt like a good workout. I don't feel sore post-workout (yet) though, so I hope I didn't do it all wrong...

You might not feel sore at all, but there is a good chance it will hit you in the next day or so. Either way it doesn't mean you did it wrong. The beginning is a little trial and error of finding how much weight you should be using anyway.
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    I did 5A today. I started at the gym, but finished at home. I'm feeling a tad sensitive today, I guess. The meathead that jumped on the row machine between my sets and started running his mouth about the low weight sort of did me in. :( I came home and finished.

Last week was so messed up, today I felt like I was starting all over. Not so much with the upper body, but I had to go down in my squats. That didn't help my mood.

On the bright side, I managed to stay on the ball for two sets of prone jackknife and finished with a 30 sec plank.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options

I did 5A today. I started at the gym, but finished at home. I'm feeling a tad sensitive today, I guess. The meathead that jumped on the row machine between my sets and started running his mouth about the low weight sort of did me in. :( I came home and finished.

Jessica - that guy sounds like a real *kitten*! I'd probably have told him off and given him an earful on something else. I'm confrontational that way though. ;)
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options

Some days I'm super sore, others not as much. I just finished 6B on Saturday and I increased my weights again - 110 lbs on deads, 45 lbs shoulder presses, 88 lbs on lat pull downs, 20 lb DBs lunges, 10 lbs KB during swiss crunches....I was burning up during the workout - everything was screaming by that 3rd set. But I've had very little muscle soreness overall the past two days. WTH?! LOL I know that your food intake (especially protein) will help mediate the effects as well as being well hydrated. Who knows what I did right or wrong to not be super sore...but I'll take it as long as I'm gaining strength and losing inches!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Jessica - sorry you had a bad time at the gym! At least you finished the workout, even if it was at home. Don't feel bad about having to go down in weights, sometimes it happens - too tired, off day, whatever the cause. I'm sure you'll be back up to where you were in no time.
  • jenniet04
    Options
    Stage 1 results - I finished 8B on Saturday

Squat 65 < 100
    Push up on toes < on 5 step risers
    Row 40 < 70
    step up 45 < 70
    jackknife wobbly < no problem

Deadlift 65 < 110
    Shoulder Press 18/dumbbell < 70/olympic bar
    Lat pulldown 40 < 70
    Lunges 10 < 18
    Swiss Ball Crunch 10 < 20 overhead

I lost a total of 4 inches all over and about 1% body fat. I'm pretty pleased with the results and ready to move on to Stage 2.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options

:drinker: HOT DAMN on those shoulder presses!!! I just started using the Oly bar and it burns, oh it burns, toward the end of the last set. That's a VERY impressive overhead press!!!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

:drinker: HOT DAMN on those shoulder presses!!! I just started using the Oly bar and it burns, oh it burns, toward the end of the last set. That's a VERY impressive overhead press!!!

Double hot damn! The heaviest I've done is 15's and you started with more!!
  • jenniet04
    Options

Double hot damn! The heaviest I've done is 15's and you started with more!!

Thanks ladies!! It was hard, very hard!!! My hubby is doing Strong LIfts and I just found out he was doing the same weight - Ha! Although, he'll probably progress faster than me now.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Just finished Stage 1!

Have done both AMRAPs, but don't feel particularly proud because it is obvious now that I started too light - was lifting to boredom just now rather than failure. Not motivated to post numbers, therefore. Feel strangely unsatisfied, like i haven't had a proper workout. Going to take a week off, but carry on doing some gentle cardio. I'm away from home for a few days - nicely timed, eh? Now for a peep at Stage 2!

I am doing my workout A AMRAP tonight and this is my fear. I think I started out way too light.