Welcome!

Options
lexik09
lexik09 Posts: 132 Member
Tell a bit about yourself and what are your reasons for losing weight and getting healthy?

Replies

• lexik09
    Options
    I am married and have 2 beautiful girls ages 4 and 1 month. I have been a heavy person my entire life and have decided it was time to change my life for me and for my family. after all, my kids to deserve to have a healthy mom that can play and keep up with them.
  • mommymegz
    mommymegz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am a 27 year old mother of two little boys, whom I love with all my heart! I have already lost quite a bit of weight and went from a size 20 to a 11/12.
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 mother of 2 and work full time. Taking care of everyone else all these years I have neglected myself. Because of this some health problems have been showing up these past years. I want to feel good again and live a long life.
  • vribaldo
    vribaldo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and my son is 5 months old. I am looking to lose the last 50 lbs of the 71 lbs I gained while pregnant with him. He is my first baby. I live in Chicago, IL with my husband, son and two dogs. Looking forward to losing weight with you ladies!
  • lexik09
    Options
    so great to meet everyone! with a little support, we can achieve greatness! I have had many weight loss failed attempts but this time i want to stick to the program and make a permanant lifestyle change. I have just hit my 40lb mark since my 9th month of pregnancy. i dropped 25lbs during my last trimester. My weight loss ticker only says i lost 20lbs because i am going from when i left the hospital on oct. 20th. I have about 120lbs to go! Com'on ladies, we can do this!!!
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    im 21 mum to a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 6 weeks, since meeting my partner and having my son i have put on 2stone in almost 2 years and it has been slowly creeping up and dont want that anymore i want to get back to being 140lbs and feel good about myself again :D
  • tillmanlady
    tillmanlady Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Well I am 29 and have a 9 month old son. I have always been a big girl I was about 410 at my heaviest ( I quit keeping track but do know I reached 400lbs) I lost about 95lbs got pregnant only gained 20lbs total but now I am heavier than when I was preggo and I refuse to go back to 400lbs so I am starting my weight loss again and now that I kind of have this new baby thing figured out I think it will be easier to lose and not gain.... I look forward to losing weight with you ladies....
  • AmandaR321
    AmandaR321 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, mom to 3 (ages 3, 2, and almost 1) and one on the way. Right now I'm logging to keep the pregnancy gain under control (was up 30lbs at 24 weeks lol...umm no). I'm on bedrest for preterm labor so working out is not possible so healthy eating is a must (I'm on maintenance calories).
    I'm 5'10" and my normal weight with no dieting/carefree is 170lbs. I got back to that weight after having my third child in December 2010 (total loss in 6 months = 60lbs). The past three years have been all about pregnancy gain/weight loss, REPEAT!! Lol.
  • stemen2011
    stemen2011 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello Mama!

I need to loose a LOT of weight thats all I know. I started at 242 I am currently (as of last Wednesday) 236 and I want to get to 140-130. I need to set up mini realistic goals so I can stick to them! I am 21 years old with a 3 year old and a 1 year old!
  • lexik09
    Options
    hey there mamas!
    i totally feel your pain. i have about 120lbs to lose to reach a realistic goal weight where i am healthy. i am 25 with a 4 yr old and a 6 week old. we can do this and beat the bulge once and for all!
  • chofutoru
    Options
    Hi, I'm 36 with a 5 month old son. I have been yo yo dieting for years. Lost a lot of weight (35 lbs) while pregnant due to all day sickness and put it all back again by eating all round me when I had the baby. Am heavier now than I was at 9 months pregnant! I have about 55 pounds to lose and hopefully get rid of sore ankles and joints! Looking forward to joining you all.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!! I am 29 and I have two gorgeous little boys, Isiah is 7 and Gavin is 9 months old. I am married to the love of my life!! I am originally from Illinois but stationed in Connecticut right now. I am in the U.S. Navy and have been in for almost 12 years now. Right now I am 10 pounds over Navy standards but I have alot more that I want to lose. So, I am a mom, a wife, a Sailor and a full time college student (online). I stay busy, busy, busy! But don't we all?! :laugh:
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm 27 with a 14 month old daughter. My goal is to get back to my pre-preg weight of 175. After that 165 was my wedding weight and 150 is my supposed "ideal" weight for my height (5'10"). So I have a series of goals I'm hoping to acheive.
  • kbsagely
    kbsagely Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I am 39, hitting the big 4-0 in January! I a Texas mom of 2, daughter is 13 and son is 8. I work full time outside the home and full time inside the home. I am looking to lose about 35-40 lbs. I am all for setting the mini-goals and it is really the only way I accomplish anything during the week. Look forward to getting to know everyone!
  • angel2874
    angel2874 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am 37 years old and a full time mommy, I am lucky to be a stay at home mom and love it, even if my two year old can drive me crazy by the end of the day lol!!! I have lost fourteen pounds on this site which I love and so glad I stumbled on to it, plus I lost ten pounds before finding it, My goal is 67 pounds total and have been at it since september slow and sure will win the race, I am one pound away from my first goal, I said I would lose 25 pounds by Christmas, think I will make this goal!!! Good luck to everyone together we can beat the flab, and be healthier for our kids!!!
  • minesagandt
    minesagandt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I´m another one who will be 40 in January.

I have 2 daughters aged 3 and 4, and I just really need to get off my backside and lose the weight ... I was once (oh so long ago) 62Kg ... I´m now 73kg ... I just want to get to around 65Kg and I´ll be delighted.

I´m not very active, and I love to cook ... something has to change! As I´ve been struggling with motivation, I have just ordered the Paul McKenna CD and have joined you lovely ladies in the hope that this time I can keep going. Usually I lose 4 or 5Kg and then put it straight back on, it`s SO demoralising ....

BUT NOT THIS TIME!

So a big hello from sunny Germany ... and let´s GO!
  • lexik09
    Options
    Hello!

I´m another one who will be 40 in January.

I have 2 daughters aged 3 and 4, and I just really need to get off my backside and lose the weight ... I was once (oh so long ago) 62Kg ... I´m now 73kg ... I just want to get to around 65Kg and I´ll be delighted.

I´m not very active, and I love to cook ... something has to change! As I´ve been struggling with motivation, I have just ordered the Paul McKenna CD and have joined you lovely ladies in the hope that this time I can keep going. Usually I lose 4 or 5Kg and then put it straight back on, it`s SO demoralising ....

BUT NOT THIS TIME!

So a big hello from sunny Germany ... and let´s GO!

Guten Tag!
    Welcome!

With a little support I know you can achieve greatness! I know it is very hard with kids that we lose sight of ourselves. This time its time for us moms to be a little selfish now and focus on us! I just lost a pant size since I joined a little over 2 weeks ago! So here's to us!!! PROST!!!
  • momof4boys03
    momof4boys03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a full time mommy of 4 boys, ages 7, 5, 3, and 9 and 1/2 months old. I am 27 and have been married to my husband since we were both 19. Just last year, and the first 5 months of my pregnancy I weighed in at 132-136. I now weigh 172 and am just really missing my old body, and energy! I hope to lose 5 pounds a month, and be back to my old self by July of next year. I just joined this site 2 days ago, and can already feel my determination rising each day! Feel free to add me as a friend, the more support the better :happy:
  • rlyheath
    rlyheath Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am a 32 year old stay-on-the-go Mom of 2. I have a 9 year old girl and a 15 month old boy. I am married to the love of my life. We met in 1997 and FINALLY married in 2005. :-) I want to lose weight to keep up with my active family and have a healthy pregnancy-to-be. (We want 1 more!)

Can't wait to REALLY start using this tool!
  • vribaldo
    vribaldo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad o see such a big group of girls!! I am so excited that we can support each other!