Welcome!

Options

Replies

• taniathalgi
    Options
    I am a new mommy and have a beautiful son who is three months old today. I want to be healthy and watch my son grow....so I am trying to lose my pregnancy weight! I am looking for that extra motivation that I lack. Portion control on foods is tough and I lack motivation to workout.

• briannepedersen
    Options
    lexik09 wrote: »
    Tell a bit about yourself and what are your reasons for losing weight and getting healthy?

• JoMamaATL
    JoMamaATL Posts: 70
    Options
    Hey, I'm Jo! I have four kids ages 3-9. One of which has special needs. I want to lose the extra weight and get healthy for me, but also for them! I want more energy and to live as long as possible!
  • lme3232
    lme3232 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started my family late at 40, now 44 with a 3 year old and 1 year old. Got back to my pre pregnancy weight very quickly after first child but then started gaining between kids. Didn't gain much during second pregnancy but seem to be gaining steadily since. All in all somehow accumulated an additional 40 pounds. My husband is younger then me (and tall and lean), my kids have energy to burn, and I just feel fat and tired most days. I just need to get back to my former self! I need help staying motivated.
  • kmontcrieff
    Options
    My name is Krystal and I'm a first time mom. I'm 18 and just had my baby girl six weeks ago tomorrow. I've lost most the weight I've gained during my pregnancy, but am determined to drop the remaining few, tone up the pooch that's sticking around, and get in shape. My husband is active duty in the military and is very in shape, so I'm determined to do this for not just me - but also so I can get to the point where I can exercise alongside him.
  • tatinav
    tatinav Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 36 a mommy of 3 (6 yr boy/3 yr girl and 6 month boy). I work full time in HR in the sports and Entertainment food and beverage side of things. plus take part time studies and run my own event business. Slightly busy household. Super fit before children developed anxiety took meda for it and stopped working out due to being uncomfortable with my heart rate going fast and not understanding anxiety. Finally we ended myself out and learn about cognitive therapy. But had gained weight and got pregos.. than work life was too much and a few babies later I peaked at 237lbs and at last weigh in was 220lbs. Started 10 k trainer for zenlabs and now have incorporated weight training plus some aerobics lunges squats etc.. 5x week. Eating healthy for me and my fit fam. My children love hiking and are my motivation.
  • abok627
    abok627 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Arzu and I am a married mother of a baby girl born on April 5th :) I graduate from college next month with a history degree and hope to move onto graduate studies in the same subject the year after next. I am hoping to lose about 20 to 25 pounds (I think I am around 145 right now?) but the number doesn't matter so much as generally getting healthy. I am doing this for my family and also for myself as I know exercise will help with my anxiety and depression.
  • janeyscott13
    janeyscott13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All. Im a 35 year old mummy of 2 beautiful boys aged 6 and 2.
    I desperately need to lose weight for a number of reasons the 1st being my health. Following pre eclampsia in both my pregnancies I have been warned that if I do not get my weight under control now I risk spending the rest of my life on blood pressure meds. As well as wanting to do this for my boys im also getting married on the 29th August and im determined to look awesome in my dream dress :-)
    My current weight is 227lb and my 1st goal is to get below 200lb before the big day.
    As well as dieting ive joined a gym and have been going twice a week since December.
    Im more motivated than ever before and im certain I can do this.
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a mum of 3 kids aged under 2...my twin girls are 7 months old and I really want to get rid of my overhang (c-section).
    I love food...being at home just now, I've overindulged on a daily basis :/
    After reading community posts, I feel motivated and inspired. I want to lose about 28lbs and get into my healthy weight range. I always struggle to get significantly below 150lbs. ..feeling determined and can't wait for your support :)<3
  • Kourt4321
    Kourt4321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies :) I just turned 25, my daughters are 7 and 8. I love to crochet, and read, and play video games with my husband. I want to start losing all this extra weight I gained when I first got pregnant and never lost! I am a secretary now full time (I had started losing weight when I was waitress ing but then the bar shut down).
    I am finding it really hard to get out (besides my one break which I take a 15 min walk). I eat sweets when I feel stressed or sad (which seems to be a lot). And I have a bad habit of sitting down and having beers with hubby some nights or on weekends (our bonding time). Where do you ladies find your time to work out and keep your calories in check!?
    Have a fab day!!!
    Kourt :)
  • anniedilullo
    anniedilullo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I have 3 amazing children. I'm starting this to be healthier and to set an example for my children. My current weight is 159 lbs. I would like to lose 40 lbs but I'm setting small goals at a time. Good luck everyone
  • shamadra
    shamadra Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 this year and want to start my new decade off right! I have always been heavier and want to change that, not to be skinny, but to be healthy and fit. I have already lost 60 lbs and have 40 lbs to go to reach my 1st goal of 100 lbs. I want to set a good example for my kids, so that they make healthy choices as they grow up. I am fortunate to have a great family that supports and encourages me, I could not do it without them. I love using MFP to track food and see nutritional facts and I am sure that I will love being part of this group. I can never have too much support, I look forward to helping and being helped along this journey!! :)
  • grettybee
    grettybee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It took me forever to find this group, but I knew there had to be something for moms losing weight. I got tired of tracking my food intake and goals on paper so I downloaded this app 5 days ago and have already lost another 2 lbs. I am 20, 5'5 and my comfy weight is 180ish. 3 months ago, I had my first son, and my weight before delivery was 245 lbs. On top of feeling awful my whole pregnancy being diagnosed with "pregnancy obesity" was a tough blow. So a month before my son was born, we made the switch to clean eating so it wouldn't be difficult after delivery. My baby was born in February 12th weight 9 lbs 5 oz and two weeks postpartum, my weight had dropped to 220 lbs. Okay, great... But I was/am still determined to get rid of the rest. Today, I am 198 lbs. 22 lbs in 11 weeks is right on the healthy track, but my goal weight is 160. Here we go!
  • lbsbegone89
    lbsbegone89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm new to MFP and just discovered this group today. I'm of course a mommy; I have a 4.5yr old and a 1.5yr old. I never lost all the flub from my first pregnancy and now that I'm done having kids, no more excuses, it's time to lose weight! Im going to start the 30 day shred dvd tonight and see where that takes me.

I'm 25yrs old
    5' 3" & 166lbs
    Goal is 130lbs
  • jlgregory13
    jlgregory13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just had my second child March 2nd via c-section. My other child is going to be 2 in sept. I've been overweight all my life, but having my children has brought me right up to the 200lb mark. This will be my 3rd go around with MFP. I used it twice before when i was TTC both my children. Having them makes me want to get healthy so i'm around for a long time.

I'm 31 years old
    5'0 & 193lbs
    Goal is 130lbs

I need support and motivation so add me if you want!!
  • greedygob
    greedygob Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Louise and I'm 36 in July. . I have 2 boys jack who is 6 and Oliver who just turned 1 I've never been slim and spend years telling myself that cos I was tall I held it well.. then came kids and 1 c section and it all went down hill from there... I'm not looking to be a size 10 a comfy size 14 would be my dream... I work part time and my oh is self employed so I hardly get time to think let alone diet... oh also does all the cooking... only reason is because he is an amazing cook and spoils us.... so turning down his creations for salads has been my pit fall but I'm determined to not have another summer like this one is panning out.. nothing fits and I'm red hot mess lol

Start 15st10
    goal 13stone
    5ft8 36 years old....
  • traceywilliams1971
    traceywilliams1971 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im tracey . 44 and mum of two adult boys now . Happily married and love excercise , training and healthy eating . Im on a plateau at the moment trying to eat better. Need some motivation :)
  • kay_rove
    kay_rove Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm Kalyn, I'm a mom of 3 and since having my 3rd have lost over 60lbs (and still going)! I became a health coach because people who teach other people healthy habits are 6 times more likely to continue to follow through with them as a lifestyle choice (i.e. stop the yo-yo), I'm super excited to be here and hopefully make some new friends to expand my support network and increase my chances for success!
  • Lisab7982
    Lisab7982 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over.....again. 3 day streak on MFP and I am determined this time. I am 32 years old. I weigh 153 and hope to get down to 138. I have 2 small kids and I hate feeling sluggish. I'm sick of my friends doing advocare, it works, weight watchers, etc. and trying to get me to jump in. Those never worked for me. I have lost weight in the past with running and MFP and I am going to do it again. Here's to losing this summer.
  • Kar621
    Kar621 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I just had a handsome baby boy at the end of April, and gained a whopping 75 lbs. I'm 5 ft 4in and my usual weight is 145, but even then I'm uncomfortable. I'd like to weight 130-135. Currently, I weigh 188. That leaves me at 58 lbs to lose! Motivation please?!