Welcome!

Replies

• CasieSJ
    CasieSJ Posts: 44 Member
    I'm 23 years old and 215 lbs. I have a 9 month old daughter. I want to be able to wear clothes and not worry about if they fit or not.
  • Kfieldseth
    Kfieldseth Posts: 17 Member
    Hi! I'm a 33 yr.old mom to a 6 year old little girl. I'm starting over w/ mfp and actually trying to use this program to the fullest. I typically just enter in my food and exercise when I feel like it and I'm not consistant. To be completely honest I have no clue what I'm doing on mfp. I dont' even know if I'm posting in the correct places or not. :smiley: Just trying to step out of my comfort zone and introduce myself. Thanks.

Karen- I'm right under your post and I've read your post. I hear you on once you stop working out it's hard to just start again. You just need to start. So if today is not your start day then mentally right now decide that Monday will be. If you work out at home then I suggest to just set a timer for 10-20 mins. and during that time while that timer is going just work out. Start by doing that 3x a week and go from that point. Take one day and step at a time my dear. I hope that helps giving you a little motivation to start.
  • aletheariojas
    aletheariojas Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Allie, 28-years-old, married, and a new mom to a 6-week-old baby girl. Although I'm already below my pre-pregnancy weight (I was overweight before becoming pregnant), I'm looking to lose the rest and get into making healthy habits so I will set a good example for my daughter.

I've always been pretty active, I just needed to make better food choices. It finally clicked that eating fast food was just not going to give me the results I'm looking for. We can do this!
  • Buppybup
    Buppybup Posts: 25 Member
    hello! I'm a 30 year old mom with a 7.5 month old baby boy! He's the love of my life and I really want to be healthier for him! I'm looking for support from other awesome moms on the same weight loss journey!

I've been on mfp for 7 days and it's been difficult, but eye opening! I'm 5'7" and currently weigh 194. My short-term goal weight is 170 and my long-term goal weight is 145. :)

Please add me as a friend!
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Hello!
    I am 33 with 4kids (B8,B6,B2&G2)
    I live in Australia so I do my weight differently

I am 89 today
    It's been almost 3 years since I was a healthy weight (at 73kg's before twins)
    Before I was 73kgs I was 110kg's (after having two kids)
    I am now ready mind, soul & body to lose this weight!
    I having been getting to the gym (60min classes) twice a week, but feel that I can't do much more than that (too much housework).
    This is my second week and I am loving it!!!
    I am eating about 1350 cals a day. That allows me to eat normally, but smaller portions and weighting my food.

I am looking for reading info on weight loss and learning Los of tips!!

Happy eating!!

• MayasMommy2012
    MayasMommy2012 Posts: 21 Member
    ❤️ Hi, I'm Lynn!! I just turned 46, have a wonderful supportive husband n a 3 1/2 year old little girl, Maya!! I couldn't ask for a better family, yet I am miserable!! With MYSELF!! I have to make some serious life changes, if I want to be the best mom n wife that I can be!! I lost 40 pounds last year n thru stress, etc. gained most of it back. I have some health issues also. I'm sick n tired of not feeling good n being that mom that can't do a lot!! It's not fair to my daughter!! Am looking for a few good people to be friends with on here to give support to n get support from!! I live in Elkton, MD and am from Newark, DE. ❤️
  • sarahjsmolen
    sarahjsmolen Posts: 1 Member
    Hi friends! My name is Sarah and I am very new to weight loss. I was always active in high school with sports but I never developed good exercise habits on my own and of course, I ate whatever I wanted. I never really struggled with my weight until I had my son. I was 26 when I had him and he is now almost a year and a half. Even though I breastfed for a year, the weight did not "melt off" like it does for so many other breastfeeding mamas. Recently, I've found myself very unhappy with the way I look and with how I feel. I've been moody and sad. I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster and I've always been pretty solid emotionally. A few weeks ago, I decided something needed to change. I've been using mfp for 3 days now, so too early to see any results but I feel like I can do this. I enjoy taking Zumba classes at my gym and I'm about to start attending an early morning full body exercise class. I want to lose 30 lbs and two pants sizes. I know this will be hard, especially with holidays looming over us in a few months, but I know it will be easier with support and friends! I'm excited to join you all in this journey!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited August 2015
    I am 29, and due to give birth in about a month. I had lost around 60lbs on MFP over about 2 years, and dropped almost 10% body fat through lifting and counting calories before I found out I was expecting.

I have done okay during pregnancy on the weight gain, so far at 35w I have gained about 37lbs. I am hoping to drop a nice chunk within a week or so from birth and such and then see where I am actually at.

My goal is to be back down to almost my pre pregnancy weight by next Summer. That gives me about 6-7 months to drop the weight.

Lowest 150.2
    Pre Pregnancy 157
    35w 193
    Goal 155-160
  • NFOM16
    NFOM16 Posts: 35 Member
    Hi I'm 24 mummy too 2 girls (2 yrs & 6 weeks)
    I'm not new to weight loss I just never stick to it! I lack motivation, I know 100% I need to do but never follow through.
    This time I'm determined to change my lifestyle & succeed not only for my girls but for myself & my boyfriend.

I have no idea what I currently weigh but I'm

Currently UK size 18
    Aiming for UK size 12
    Dreaming of being a UK size 10
  • Melgibbs
    Melgibbs Posts: 26 Member
    I am a single mom to a 5 year old. I am a therapist and am trying to find myself again. I feel like it is so easy to lose ourselves with all that we do. Sometimes taking care of ourselves is the last thing we do but we have to be a priority too. To get to my goal weight would mean losing 100 pounds. I am focusing on 10 pounds at a time and I don't expect it to come off all at once. I'm a repeat dieter and repeat Weight Watchers member. This time I am doing it with only my fitbit, my fitness pal, and medication from my doctor. My motivation comes and goes and I just need to keep the focus. I will give a million excuses for not working out but I have finally gotten real with myself and had to say, "cut the *kitten*. you're out of excuses." Sometimes tough love is what we need. Feel free to add me. I'm always up to having new friends on MFP to help keep me accountable and motivated.
  • Cdyork601
    Cdyork601 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi I'm Chasity! I'm a 32 year old mom of 3 ranging from 1 to 11 years old. I'm here because I noticed when I hit my 30's and had my 3rd child gaining weight became incredibly easy. When I hit an all time high of 207lbs without being pregnant I decided it was past time to get healthier. I have no desire to be supermodel thin but I want to be able to play with my kids without running out of breath. Anybody feel free to add me as a friend because I could definitely use the support.
  • gunslingerxx
    gunslingerxx Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I'm a 25 year old mom of two little boys, ages 3 and 4. I've been semi serious about losing weight for years but now I'm the biggest I've ever been and it's definitely time to make a change. I'm not aiming for skinny, my goal is just to be healthy and I could definitely use a buddy to make that happen.
  • Wright2424
    Wright2424 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey! My name is Courtney, Im married and I'm 22 years old. I'm am a stay at home momma to our beautiful one year old boy! I have been trying so hard to lose weight. I weigh about 161 and I'm trying to get to 120. So 40 pounds is my goal! I am breastfeeding my son still. I'm trying to eat better and not eat sugary things or processed things. I just really struggle with exercising and portion control and ESPECIALLY eating at night. I would love to know what has worked for you or what you recommend! Please feel free to add me, I would love some support and motivation! I'd love to make new friends! Thank you in advance!! ❤
  • lynzi2016
    lynzi2016 Posts: 30 Member
    I'm 31 and the mother of two. I decided to lose weight and get healthier when I got on the scale one day and I weighed 285 pounds. I chose then and there to make a change. I was on track for a little bit and last 25 pounds but then lost my way and gained 5 back. Cliché as it is, on 1/1/16 I decided to get back on track. I'm on day three and so far so good. I'm taking it day by day and, although I'd like to wake up tomorrow and have lost 100 pounds, I'm not expecting a miracle. Lol
  • ChristyShrinking
    ChristyShrinking Posts: 3 Member
    Hello Im CeeCee and I am needing to lose weight. I have been struggling with my weight since I was in high school but it got worse after I had my daughter. I am looking for friends and support to help me on my journey. I keep telling myself, tomorrow I will, next week I will or if I eat this pie I will start over tomorrow. I am so tired of myself doing that. I am more determined than ever because my daughter is about to be a teenager and she is going to want me to do more things with her. I am over 600lbs and no I am not ashamed to say that because it's just like admitting you having a drug problem. I am facing this head on!!!
  • chae_waterson
    chae_waterson Posts: 6 Member
    :) hiiii! I'm a 27 year old mom of 2 (4&7) I am also married to a picky eater :D
    I have never had luck with dieting, counting calories, reducing carbs, etc. I have had such a hard time with the nutrition side of weight loss I just wanted to give up. I am looking to lose 45-50 lbs (at least) in the next year.
    I am using MFP to count calories and also monitoring my macros. I would love ANY support, tips WHAT EVER you want to throw my way. Feel free to add me or message me! I am looking for people who are making lifestyle changes, not just a quick diet and then done. I am doing this for myself AND my family. I want to feel comfortable in my skin and I want to teach my children how to live healthy lifestyles as adults.
  • tharley
    tharley Posts: 5 Member
    Hello! I'm Tanis (33 yo) and have a 4 yr old boy. I have always been overweight and am continuing my ever-slow journey to lose the weight and become more fit. I seriously lack motivation and crave chocolate; I definitely need an accountability partner. I live in Colorado Springs, CO.
  • divinenanny
    divinenanny Posts: 90 Member
    Hi there! I am Sara, 32 years old, from the Netherlands. Before I became a mom I lost about 90/100 lbs by using MFP (eating right and exercise). Then I got pregnant, and all that good eating went out the door... So I gained a lot of it back (about 75 lbs of which I lost a bunch giving birth).
    Now my girl is 7 months, I've nearly stopped breastfeeding (so my dieting does not affect her food supply), and I need to lose it again, especially because we would like to try for a second child in the future and I just cannot gain as much as I did the first time. My goal is to lose about 55 lbs.
    I will try to get in some exercise, but I cannot do my favorite sport anymore, which was running (I have a chronic runners injury...). I am going to try to get back to the gym, but life is pretty hectic with working a full time job, our baby girl and the house... So I will first start by eating better and watching those calories.
  • mraychel49ers
    mraychel49ers Posts: 3 Member
    I was hoping community will make up for what I am lacking in losing the weight.

I am starting to get discouraged. I been on a weight loss kick since January. I have lost a total of four pounds since then. Not what I wanted but I suppose it is better then gaining.

I am losing weight so I can feel better. I hate pictures because everyone I take I see a disgusting overweight woman. It doesn't matter what anyone says that is what I see. I struggle with my self-image and I am worried I will pass that along to my children.

My eight and nine year old ask me if they are too fat or too skinny. I tell them that they are perfect but you can tell from there reaction they don't believe me. So I am hoping exercising and eating right will help me lose the weight so I am not so critical on myself. I no longer want to be the one teaching my kids the bad habit of having a bad self image. But I would like to teach them to eat healthy and exercise regularly.

So basically I am here to lose weight and feel better about myself.
  • gumbiecat42
    gumbiecat42 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello friends, I'm a 33 year old mother of 7 (yes they are all mine, and my husband's). I teach full time, and used to enjoy that sort of carefree life where I could eat without much consequence, but I tend to eat healthy foods. But the weight has not been coming off for the past 5 years, and with my personality (I love to be active, but to to exercise-- know what I mean?) and schedule, time is at a premium. Thank goodness it's getting warmer so I can walk outside with the kids. Anyway, I am a sort lady and the extra 30-40 lbs i have are just crushing me, emotionally and physically. My main problem is stress eating. I desperately need some accountability and encouragement to meet my diet and exercise goals. Only other moms understand how hugely important praising little victories is. One little victory at a time, we can m make it. this is my 4th day here and I still haven't made it below my calorie goal, but I was closer today.