Welcome!

Options

Replies

• elh1973
    Options
    Hi I am 39 soon to reach 40. This year I want to be 40 and fab and not 40 and frumpy. I have 4 daughters 3 grandchildren and work full time. I need to loose about 2 stone.
  • Sub1991
    Sub1991 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a 37 yr old mom to 5 ...three girls..Jessy 16, Emily 13, Gracelynn 8 and two boys Johnathan 9 and Jack 6. I have gained weight and have had a hard time getting motivated. I have Hypothyroidism and high blood pressure. I want to be healthy for my family..go hiking again. I love gardening, being outside and hanging out with my husband and kids. We eat pretty healthy. My husband is the cook! He does so well to make sure we are eating a good meal. But I quit smoking 14 yrs ago and that is when the weight started and then got worse after my last child was born. It was a horrifying experience. I have suffered from depression since being a child and in the past few years has turned into agoraphobia and panic attacks. So I don't leave the house without my husband which in turn has cause alot of weight gain. I am hoping losing this weight and exercise will help my health and the anxiety. I do hope to meet some new people and learn from this. Thank you for having me!!
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone:) I am a 34 year old single mother of four wonderful children who make me very proud to be a mother!! On the other hand, what I'm not so proud of is how much weight I've gained before I had any children and during/after I had all my children. I have been up and down the weight merry-go-round so much it's ridiculous! Look there's no trying to be polite for me, the truth is: I am fat and can't stand it any longer so now it is time for me to do something about it and make it stick for the rest of my life!!!! Thank you for having me and I look forward to reaching my goals!
  • cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hi my name is cassandra everyone calls me cassi, I have a 7yr old and 9month old i have decided to get in shape for myself but as well as my sons to keep up with them. I am so out of shape. I have lost 4 pounds since starting mfp about 10days ago. So im off to a good start my problem is sticking to it i usually do it for a few weeks and give up but i have never tried anything like this so far have had good support with the friends i've add on the website. I work a full time desk job and feel so exhausted when i get home to excercise so if anyone has tips for energy or quick excercises that i can do at home let me know. Thanks!
  • StacieJMattson
    Options
    Hi my name is Stacie. I am a mother of two wonderful children, Christian who is 8 and Jordan who is 5. I have been heavy my entire life and always hated to exercise. I recently made the choice to change my life and live a healty lifestyle. I just started on mfp. I dont understand how the clicker works?? Is it just by my weigh in or does it do it off of my calorie intake and exercise????
  • shelstar2012
    Options
    Hello Mamas,
    I'll be 32 in May and have 2 beautiful children - a boy aged 9 and a girl 16 months. I want to get healthy and be a good example for my children. I've never really struggled with weight, and only want to loose like 15 pounds. This is the first time I've really battled with my weight and been unhappy in my body. I'm looking for some motivation from you mamas!
  • sweets_76
    Options
    Hello everyone im a new member, im a mother of 4 and after my last child 5yrs ago ive struggled to lose weight. its now time for change and with well power and your help im ready to embark on a new weight loss jorney.
  • GinE73
    GinE73 Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi Moms!
    I am 32 yrs old and a new mom to a 5 month old boy. I recently stopped breastfeeding and went back to commuting to my full-time desk job. I was lucky enough to drop most of my pregnancy weight while I was breastfeeding with little effort but now that I have stopped and am back at work, the pounds are slowly creeping in on top of the pounds I already need to lose! I have done weight watchers in the past (twice!) but I just can’t bring myself to pay the money again and learn the new points system so I’m hoping MFP will help me put my eating habits in check and get active again.

I am looking for encouragement to help me take better care of myself… also, a gentle nudge to get over my guilt of needing “me” time to workout. This new “mom guilt” is no joke! LOL

Good luck ladies- let’s drop those pounds!! :wink:
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello there Busy Moms!

I am a sinlge mother with two boys 7 and 10. I am ready to be healthy and fit again to be able to plan sports with them. We are a baseball and basketball family. I played sports and danced all through high school/college and let myself go to hell after having kids. I need to lose at least 50lbs but that will also depend on the amount of muscle I put on.

I have a desk job and so want to be a trainer and help other women! We have it so hard and never take time for ourselves because we feel guilty when it comes to our kids. We have to give ourselves time!
  • Deemom8
    Options
    I am married for 22 yrs, have 4 kids ages 20, 18, 17, and 13. I recently was having high blood pressure, am overweight and slightly high cholesterol. I joined a gym, workout everyday when I get home from working in kindergarten and am feeling so much better about myself. Weight is not coming off fast, but I am feeling more fit and my health is improving. Hoping to bring my cholesterol down, lose weight and be much more fit than I currently am.
  • greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am a 33 year old mother of 2! 4 year old girl (about to be 5 in April) and a 3 year old boy (birthday in September).
    I have never been extremely fit but was 125-127 lbs and did a lot of walking when I got pregnant with my daughter. During the pregnancy, I maintained healthy eating and was only 10 lbs overweight about 6 weeks after giving birth. At 137 lbs, I was breastfeeding while working full time and then became pregnant with my second child when my daughter was 8 months old, so I never really got a start on losing that 10 lbs before getting pregnant again.
    My pregnancy with my son was not so healthy!! I gained a lot, and then had to have him by Csection because of his breech position! After that, it took me a long time to recover, and I was about 160 lbs. During the next year, I gained to a little over 170 lbs. When we were going to go on vacation in 2010, I lost to 160 and was about 158 when we got back from that one week vacation! After that, the exercise and healthy eating took a back seat again to working and taking care of my family and household! Things just seemed so crazy!!
    March of last year, I became a stay at home mom, but still could not get a handle on exercising and eating right even with a few trys. Finally in January, I realized I was coming up to a year of being home and still looked as if I didn't care about or take care of myself, so I decided it had to change. My twin sister had introduced me to MFP a long time ago, but I had never used it. I decided it was time to put it into use! Now I have lost a few lbs and love that MFP makes me come to terms with my eating patterns. I learn what is good and what is bad! I love the forums because the success stories are extremely motivational, and it is good to know others have the same questions/concerns that I have.
    I want to lose the weight for my own self image, to be a good role model for my children, to have more energy and be able to do more with my family, and for health reasons as we have a lot of diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer that run in our family.
    Right now I am doing the Firm Body Sculpt System, but hope to move on to Jillian Michaels DVD's once I get down to about 150 lbs. :)
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this group. I joined MFP in the beginning of January. I'm a 31 yr old working mom of 2 children, ages 4.5 and 1.5 years and I've been married for 9.5 years. I am trying to lose about 10-15 pounds....and then keep it off. I'm short, so those extra 10 pounds goes straight to my mid-section.

I have lost about 3-4 pounds since beginning logging my food and I walk twice a day during my breaks at work. I have been trying to find the motivation to start working out at home as well, but it is just not there. Or the days I do work myself up for it, something comes up with the family, sick kids, homework, laundry.....something.

Friend me if you'd like...maybe you can inspire me to start getting up early...instead of hitting my snooze button!
  • chelle1114
    chelle1114 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Gooood Afternoon Ladies! I am 33 year old single mom of a 6 year old boy. I am currently 250lbs(was 260), Type II diabetic(since 2010 and had gestational diabetes) and have been told that I have PCOS. I have been a member of MFP since last year, but recently got back into the groove of exercising and logging my food intake. I not only want to be healthier for myself,but also for my son and to do GODS work. I am currently working on self control when it comes to eating. I am tired of being unhealthy, huffing and puffing going up stairs and even more worried about if I will be around to see my baby boy grow up. So I am done talking about it, all thats left is to take action! God has a plan for me and it does not have anything to do with being obese, out of breath, unhealthy, sad or depressed because I let myself get this way. So in order to fulfill HIS plan I have to take action, stay motivated, make this thing a habit and keep moving forward in this new way of living. So here is a toast to US--- COMMITMENT AND DEDICATION TO MOVE FORWARD IN THIS JOURNEY OF HEALTHIER LIVING AND TO HAVE FUN WHILE DOING SO! CCCCHHHHEEEERRRRRSSS!
    LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • jacosta86
    jacosta86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 26 years old and have a beautiful son. I am currently a stay at home mom. I am engaged to the love of my life, 7 years and still going strong. I am short 4' 10". The ideal weight for my height is 91 lbs to 120 lbs. I have been back and fourth with my weight since the day I had my son 6 years ago. I never suffered from weight since I was practically underweight most of my life. My pre pregnancy weight I was only 82 lbs size 0/00. During the course of my pregnancy I gain 58 lbs reaching to 138 lbs. My postpartum weight was 115 lbs size 5. Nine months postpartum I decided to start getting back in shape working out everyday 3 hrs a day 2 days off and started taking diet pills as well, ate once a day, attending school, cook, cleaning, and taking care of a baby helped decrease my weight. I went down to 105 lbs size 1/2. I felt better and my confidence boosted. I was doing well til I moved 3 yrs ago and found out I was pregnant. I went back up to 112 lbs in less then a month. I had a miscarriage and since then my weight started increasing. I am so ready to get my sexy back and kick the pounds off.
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    Hi Im Joyce 32 years old. Joined the group to connect with other mommies who are also losing weight and getting in shape. I have 2 daughters 14 and 3. I have thyroid issues, have for a while but suddenly it seems the weight just piled on. this happend one other time about 2 years ago whre I gained 20 lbs in a 3 month period or so. I managed to lose it but in the last 6 months have gained another 20-25. My goal is to be about 160 although most sites say 170-177 is good for me. I dont want to sit at the edge of my 25 max BMI which 177 would put me at. Im 5'10 and weight about 190 currently. I got back on MFP about 6 weeks ago but i didnt start adding friends/posting til about 4 days ago so excited to meet and chat with everyone. I want to lose this weight to feel healthy again and also to feel comfortable in my own skin like I used to.
  • evey2005
    evey2005 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :) I'm 30 years old and a mother of 2. I am looking forward to losing about 20 more pounds. I had my second child in July 2012 and left the hospital at 237. I am proud to say that I left the original group I had joined, since I am no longer in the 200's!!! I am in the 180's now and feeling great. I just put on a pair of my old pre-baby jeans last night!!! (which will make any woman happy). It's great to meet other mom's with similar goals. I hope we can all encourage and support each other
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! New to this forum. I am 41 and the mother of 3 kids (11, 7 and 7) and 3 grown stepdaughters and a ton of step-grandkids (12 of them). I work full time out of the home so it is challenging to be able to do everything I need to do and still work out. I started MFP last year but didn't stick with it and gained my weight back. I have to stick with it this time. I have lost 26 lb so far since January so I am excited by the progress. I have a trainer at the gym that I meet with every couple of weeks to keep me on target and to give me fresh ideas. I had about 100 lb to lose so I am 25% to my goal. :)
  • irishmama1923
    irishmama1923 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Shannon, and I am a 35 year old mom of two. I have struggled with my weight my whole life, but before having kids, I managed to stay at a healthy weight by being really careful (almost obsessively so) about what I ate, and working out for 2 hours a day, 6 days a week. In 2008, my daughter was born, and I managed to lose the 55lbs (oops!) I gained while I was pregnant in about 10 months. 4 months after that, I found out baby #2 was on it's way=) Having two kids is pretty expensive, so when my son was three months old, I went back to work. As any working mom with a toddler and a newborn will attest to, I was exhausted, and felt so guilty about being gone all day that I totally let my gym routine go. It also became easier to start eating out a lot, as by the time we both got home from work at 7:00pm, my hubby and I were just too tired to cook something healthy. As a result, I still have 30 of the 45 lbs. I gained while pregnant with my "baby", who just turned three=/ I want to lose weight for many reasons, utmost being that I want to set a positive example for my children, especially my daughter. I also want to be healthy so that I can play an active role in my kid's lives for a long time to come. I am also sick of feeling like a prisoner in my own body. I don't ever want to go anywhere that I can't wear yoga pants and a hoodie to because I am so ashamed of how I look, and that's no way to lead your life. So, here I am...trying to lose the 30lbs that is making me miserable. I look forward to getting to know you all, and offering any support I can as we make this journey together!
  • jondyalec1
    Options
    I am a 26 year old mother to a 3 year old girl. I gained over 100 pounds while pregnant and some more since then. Due to my weight gain i developed depression, social issues and health issues. I want to lose the weight to become the happy loving and fun person I used to be. Im hoping with losing this weight I can also get my health issues under control to be alive and watch my daughter grow.
    Anyone willing to motivate me and keep me going, please add me.
  • Steph_L3
    Steph_L3 Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm 28, married for almost 9 years (9 year anniversary is tomorrow!), and we have 1 son. He's 8 years old. I have 34lbs to lose. I'm not happy to say that number but I figure the more I say it, The more I'll be motivated to put a new number on here for everyone to see. :-) I'm not happy with how I look. I need to get healthy. Not only for myself but also for my son!