Introduction

Options

Replies

• JayelleC
    JayelleC Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

My name is Jamie Lyn. I live in Ontario Canada. I have been married for a little over three years and have been with my husband for over 10 years.

I am excited about this challenge. I have spent the last three months trying to find that "will power" or motivation that I need to get back into working out.

I am currently finishing my last year of University and I am turning 26 on Saturday. Ulimately, when I am doing well, I push myself but my family is a great support as well, mainly my husband. We are hoping to start a family in the next few years and I want to be in much better shape before we do that. My goal is to lose weight, gain endurance and be in better shape :)

Jayelle
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

My name is Diana. I am a college instructor who lives in Northern WI. I have been attempting to lose weight for as long as I can remember. I have finally found something that works for me....MFP! I have lost right around 60 pounds in 6 months. My goal is to lose a minimum of 30 more pounds. I would like to lose 40....biut we shall see. I plan to run a 5k or two this spring. Who motivates me? My MFP friends without a doubt. My students including (Danielle) is a huge inspiration to me. But above all, the memory of my mom motivates me. She was always a fighter. For that reason I will fight for what I deserve too. I deserve to be healthy!!!!
  • CarolAnn0730
    Options
    Hi -- I'm a challenge virgin too - so go easy on me!! LOL -- or NOT!!

I'm a single Mom of 3 - who spends all her time putting everyone else in front of her. I need a little push ok I need a SWIFT KICK to get me to stay steady in the race!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and get on with this journey back to being my healthy sexy self!!

Let's do this!
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    Hello all, my name is Shannon I am from Lancaster, CA (about 50 miles North of LA) and I am a mother of three (22, 16 and 9) I have been overweight my WHOLE life and on my 39th birthday (a year and a half ago) I made the decision that I was done with the way I looked and felt. I am down 96 pounds as of today and have about 30 - 50 to go, as I get closer I will see how things go. I am excited to di this challenge and being part of a team will be very motivating for me!!! Good luck all!!
  • JU_CFRUIT
    JU_CFRUIT Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello every one my name is JUICEY! I join MFP 11/12/11 the day after i turn 37yrs old . I set a goal to lose 60 lbs between AUGUST 1, 2011 to FEBRUARY 1, 2O11. So far i have loss 27lbs. The weight its coming off as fast as i wanted but BUT in dropping inches like crazy, SINCE joining MFP I SET a couple more goals for 2012, lose a 100 lbs by 11/12/12, to 5 5k and to be able to run one of them. MY MOTIVATION FOR THIS CHALLENGE WILL TO BE IN MY BATHING SUIT FOR MY CRUIZE IN JULY 2O12. 1-7.....
  • tjspain
    tjspain Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is Taresa and I have lost 30 so far but want to lose another 25...I am very excited about this challenge but I can not figure out how to see the spreadsheet :(
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    Hi. My name is Claire, im 29 and like in Essex, England... I have been over weight for aslong as I can remember... I have dieted many times and lost around 3stone each time and then pack it all in. I obviously have no willpower. I have now decided that it is now or never. I am 30 next year and i dont want to be a cubby mummy to my 7 & 3 year olds anymore.
    I have at least another 60lbs more to lose and i find it much easier if part of a group where we are all going through the same thing and can provide support for each other.
    Looking forward to getting to know you all.

CLAIRE.X
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Stephanie and I am 43, happily married and a mom to a very active 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son. I am doing this because I am just tired of not feeling well everyday. Tired of being tired all the time. My kids want me to do things with them and I can't or I get tired too quick. I love to swim but have not been in shorts, let alone a bathing suit in years and years. My husband has free flying privileges but we haven't used them because I am too embarrassed to get on a plane. I just want to enjoy my life. My daughter starts kindergarten next year and I don't want her being teased for having a fat mom, because we all know kids can be cruel. I look forward to getting to know everyone and being a support and encouragement to you all:happy:
  • Denik71
    Denik71 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Denise! New to MFP! I am going to Greece in June so this challenge is right on time!
    :happy:
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hello Biggest Losers,

My name is Lesley, I am 28 and from Nashville, TN. I am a southern girl 100%. Love to eat like it as well. I do not have a problem working out, I have a problem eating like I should. Lately I have been eating better not perfect but better. I am so excited for this challenge. I am motivate by mainly three things. I want to be healthy. That is not about a number or a size. its about how I feel and when I come off this bloodpressure medicine. The second is I am skydiving in Vegas in June and the weight restriction is 250. My heighest weight was 304 I am now 292 since Nov 4th that is when I got serious about myself. The 3rd is the most important, MY FAMILY. My brother specifically I made him a promise I would be healthy for him. He is a terminal heart patient and I want to keep that promise.

I am so excited for this journey with everyone. Feel Free to add me and we can and we will accomplish this.

Cheers,
    Lesley
  • fireballaaa
    fireballaaa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have been heavy most of my life and my health now is in serious trouble, If i want to live to see my childrens children i have to do something now. as of this week I weight in as 187.6 started two months ago at 221.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'm tried of repeating the cycle. I lost about 50 pounds 2 years ago (started at 246, got down to 193) and kept it off til this past year, and it's slowly been creeping back up. I went from 193 to 215 after I swore I'd never cross the 200 pound line again. It's so discouraging that I know what not to do and do it anyway! But I know the most important thing is to get my mind right and forget that I regained some weight. Beating myeslf up over it does no good for me.

I want to actually reach my goals this time, and I know surrounding myself with people going through the same thing and helping encourage and motivate each other will help more than anything!

I've never been at my goal weight. I got close about 7 years ago and I was happy with my body.. then that loss went to hell in a hand basket. I can't let that happen again! I want off this rollercoaster!

I love being at the lake, river, you name it. I've never been happy with myself in a bathing suit. I want to go beyond that and be confident in a bikini. That feeling is something I've wanted to experience all my life, and it's something that is totally attainable. I owe myself any happiness that's within my reach. That's my motivation - my happiness.

I'm excited about this challenge! Please feel free to add me if you like!
  • 20More
    20More Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi! This is my first challenge also. I am looking for support and very serious but achievable goals. I need to be accountable because that keeps me focused and motivated. Looking forward to reaching my goal weight.
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am just trying to figure out how we know which color team that we are on?
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Carren, I'm 35 years old and looking to lose a total of about 88lbs. My 36th birthday is May 27th and I want more than anything to be able to celebrate it as close to 150lbs as possible! I have not been in a bathing suit since 2009 and I haven't been in a bikini since 1992!!!!! Holy cow. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin again. I'm really looking forward to this challenge and can't wait to kick everyone's butt! :laugh: Good luck everyone!! :drinker:
  • lizg1979
    lizg1979 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is my first challenge on here...or anywhere so I am very excited to see how this goes :D I am married, mother to 4 and work full time plus run two businesses on the side (Avon and Photography) so finding time to work out has been a challenge for me that I am trying to conquer. I look forward this challenge and its results. I am 31 (for one more week) and am looking to loose about 50+pounds. My sister is getting married in Mexico in January of 2013 and my goal is to be able to fit a bikini (even if i don't wear one I want to know I could if I wanted to :D ). But mostly I am doing this for my health and to lead a good life example for my 4 children
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Hello Everybody!
    I am so very excited about joining this challenge! My weight has been up and down and all around. Being that I'm 48 years old now, I'm intent on reaching goal and sticking to it. I started out at over 225 lbs., as of now I'm at 165. Goal for me is about 130 lbs. I'm looking forward to using this group for everything it's worth! I want to wish everyone well on reaching their personal goals. I'm not sure which team I'm on yet, but anyone feel free to add me if you'd like!
    All the best!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Rebecca, and I am a 31-year-old single parent of a 4.5-year-old. I am looking at hitting my initial goal weight of 140 by mid-June (48.2 pounds to lose), and hitting my final goal weight sometime during the summer. I am hoping to get down to somewhere between 125 and 140 depending on what weight suits me the best.
  • losinglbs0208
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm Ann, 32, need to shed at least 30 pounds. I'm getting married March 23 (!!!!) and, even though we're just eloping, I still really want to look my very absolute best. Plus, more importantly, I want to start my life as a wife in good shape, with energy and happy with myself.

I've lost 40-50 pounds twice before and I refuse to have to learn my lesson a third time. I'm actually at, I believe, my smallest size ever, but I think maybe that's because sizes have been refigured a few times in my life ;)

I'm really excited to have you all to keep me in line. Go Team Teal!
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone....

I'm Steph, 34 - mom to three great girls...I want my "pre-baby" body back, but I want it better!!! So here I am....I have about 25 pounds to lose for sure, and we'll go from there.

I look forward to working out with all of you...keep us all on track and lose this weight!