Gray

Options

Replies

• MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i worked out yesterday. did some challenges from another biggst loser group also. only did 12 burpees, and i did my plank. thats a long 60 seconds, but i have been doing alot of plank moves with the jillian videos so i was prepared lol. one of the exercises from the other challenge was woodchoppers and i used a 5 pound kettlebell. killer on my sides

I was using a medicine ball doing ball slams with a 10 pounder which uses the same motion as the woodchop. Glad that I grew up on a farm for those
    dang. i need to find some cheap weights and balls and bells. i did not grow up on a farm so arm and ab strength are complete strangers
  • bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i worked out yesterday. did some challenges from another biggst loser group also. only did 12 burpees, and i did my plank. thats a long 60 seconds, but i have been doing alot of plank moves with the jillian videos so i was prepared lol. one of the exercises from the other challenge was woodchoppers and i used a 5 pound kettlebell. killer on my sides

I was using a medicine ball doing ball slams with a 10 pounder which uses the same motion as the woodchop. Glad that I grew up on a farm for those
    dang. i need to find some cheap weights and balls and bells. i did not grow up on a farm so arm and ab strength are complete strangers

Well, don't exactly have much ab strength. But we shall get there
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Be careful doing those woodchops if you don't have a lot of ab strength. I was doing those when I first started getting fit and threw my back out. They're a GREAT exercise, but if you haven't been coached on how to do them properly and if you let your form go even for a second, you can really hurt yourself.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now. :happy:
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    Be careful doing those woodchops if you don't have a lot of ab strength. I was doing those when I first started getting fit and threw my back out. They're a GREAT exercise, but if you haven't been coached on how to do them properly and if you let your form go even for a second, you can really hurt yourself.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now. :happy:

thanks christin! ill be careful
  • bluecollarfrench
    Options
    Are we doing a new challenge this week or how does this work? Are we doing planks the whole way through and our new weight needs to be in on Friday night?
  • bluecollarfrench
    Options
    Nevermind, just read it. Good thing i drink that already. Ok lets go guys.
  • MermaidFaith
    Options

im ready and drinking
  • bluecollarfrench
    Options

im ready and drinking

But what are you drinking?
  • MermaidFaith
    Options

im ready and drinking

you caught me! wine!!! lol
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Yay, my internet is BACK! After 2 weeks, we finally have internet so I will be all over this board like gravy on mashed taters.

Don't forget to drink your water today, yall!!
  • bluecollarfrench
    Options

im ready and drinking

you caught me! wine!!! lol

Ahh mermaid, sometimes it is needed though. Except since I am going all of jan with no drinking, I have not had a drop since Christmas day as far as wine goes.
  • josery1630
    Options
    Do we have weigh-in tomorrow? And we go by what the starting weight we gave you was, right?

Hopefully now that Nick's not drinking, we'll win the challenge! :)
    (just kidding Nick...I am super impressed you gave it up completely!)
  • bluecollarfrench
    Options
    Do we have weigh-in tomorrow? And we go by what the starting weight we gave you was, right?

Hopefully now that Nick's not drinking, we'll win the challenge! :)
    (just kidding Nick...I am super impressed you gave it up completely!)

I only gave it up for january. Not for the rest of my life. I am not that crazy. I didnt lose anywhere near what I wanted to. The thing is that it is weird. When I weighed in for the challenge that isn't my regular weigh in day. So I lost 4 lbs for the 2 weeks. I guess I am going to have to change to fridays for this challenge
  • bluecollarfrench
    Options
    Wow this thread really slowed down. Come on you guys. Lets keep it going.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    heeellooo? Anyone in there?
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    heeellooo? Anyone in there?
    I'm Still here! I feel like my weight loss is definately slowing down! been stuck at the same weight for too many days, almost two weeks. *sigh* im not giving up but i definately feel annoyed lol!

I think the gray team is doing awesome those of us that are still around
  • bluecollarfrench
    Options
    I am still here, I was wondering the same thing guys. Seems like it has definitely lost some steam.
  • josery1630
    Options
    There is no "I" in TEAM.....but there are three "I"s in Multiple Personality Disorder.

:)
  • bluecollarfrench
    Options
    There is no "I" in TEAM.....but there are three "I"s in Multiple Personality Disorder.

:)

ouch, think I just got called out
  • MermaidFaith
    Options
    not looking forward to the burpee challenge but i will be doing them, i bet we can win immunity as long as the girl that did 1200 last time is no longer in the challenge LOL