Introductions

Options

Replies

• Maureen0208
    Maureen0208 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a mom of 2 with about 50 pounds to lose. I am currently 182 and i would like to be 130. Trying to eat healthy, and exercise 5 days a week. Glad I found this group. Hopefully with will be a good source of support and motivation.
  • JessicaMillerMUA
    Options
    Hi all,
    Mom of 3 boys.

Down 24lbs - another 15lbs to go.

Looking for more motivation and to encourage others as well.

Jessica
  • kateplus5
    Options
    hi im kate mum of 5 our youngist is now 12 weeks old 2 moz and i hate the belly ive had since baby 3 and want to shift it im 196lbs atm and am looking to get down 2 130lbs im 5 foot 5 so right in my norm range at 130 im planing on cutting all the crap like sweets and crisps and have 1 treat aday not 6 lol no more eatting what kids leave cus i hate waste and plan on doing tae bo 3 to 4 nights a week xx
  • jennbme24
    jennbme24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a 34 yo single mom of two boys 12 and 8. They are involved in every sport you can imagine as well as show animals for FFA. So busy is an understatement for my world!!!! In the last year i have lost 22 lbs but still have about 45 more to go. It says that my average weight should be around 145 so that is what I am shooting for. I currently weigh 191. I am on day 2 of the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I have set a goal for myself to loose 30 lbs by July and to look or should I say FEEL good in a bathing suit by the end of May. I want to for the first time in my life feel good about my body and not feel the need to cover up when we go on our annual family vacation in July. Or anytime for that matter. I have struggled with my weight all my life so this definetly a life style change that I look forward to enjoying one day. lol
  • AJCROWE78
    AJCROWE78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Amanda..I am a married mother of 8 (blended family). My house is usually dirty (lived in) and I am pretty stressed most of the time. My life is completely consumed by work (casemanager at a homeless shelter), driving my kids and stepkids to all their basketball, football, soccer, track, and tumbling practices, and taking care of my husband who works straight 3rds and can;t make his own plate of food.

I have lost 15lbs so far sticking to a 1200 calorie a day diet and religiously drinking 120 ounces of water a day. For the first time in my life I am carving out time in the day to go to the gym at 5am every morning..and having a healthy breakfast alone before getting the kids up. I am sleeping well and more joyfful...and am making the kids help clean up instead of trying to handle all 3200 square feet myself which is a FAIL :) I am looking forward to losing about 60 more pounds so I can be the mother and wife my family deserves.
  • PeachPrincess84
    Options
    Hello ladies!! I am a mother of a 3 year old little boy. I am on here because I would like to lose about 30lbs. I have been on my weight loss journey for quite some time now and have been quite successful. I'm 5'6" and at the end of my pregnancy I reached 240lbs!! I have dropped down to my current weight 165lbs and have plateaued for the last 18months or so. Looking to find a little motivation, some support and some fun! cheers :)
  • peachypants
    peachypants Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    I'm 24 and I have a little girl who is a almost 1 month old. I gained 65 lbs during my pregnancy and am now busting my butt to get back in shape. I previously lived a very healthy lifestyle, plenty of exercise & lots of healthy foods- but at some point I gave up. Now I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit. I remember having energy and feeling good about my self- I want that again!!
    I'm not here to feel less guilt on cheat days, or feel sorry for myself. I'm looking for support and motivation from some mommys who rock. Please feel free to add me!
  • mduverne1
    mduverne1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am hoping this group will keep me on the path to losing some weight. I am currently 180.6 lbs ( I have already lost seven lbs) and am hoping to lose 40 pounds. I generally eat "good for you foods," but the problem is I overeat. After having my son three years ago, I stopped paying attention to how much I was consuming. I ate just for the heck of it, when my kids were eating, and when I am hungry. I don't feel good about myself anymore. I hate the way I look and feel. I want my body and my self esteem back. Most of all, I want to be healthy for myself and my kids!!!
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm a mom of two boys, the little one will be two in May and the big one, who is autistic will be five in July. I FINALLY lost weight and got healthy when I got pregger's with No. 1. I gained almost 70 pounds during my first pregnancy and lost all but 20 before becoming pregnant with # 2 (with whom I gained another 65 pounds...) This motherhood and pregnancy thing is NOT good for my waistline. I am hoping I can lose the weight and then some to get (and stay) at a healthy weight. It's hard to find five minutes to make and consume breakfast in the mornings, so working out has been a challange! Trying hard to make the time to be the healthiest mom I can and be a good role model for the kids! Hoping I can find some mom friends to keep me motivated!!
  • amandacruse
    Options
    Hi! I just joined the group today!! I am a 33 year old, married, mother of 2 looking to make new myfitnesspal friends to help keep me motivated & accountable! please add me :D
  • MaggieJoanna1972
    MaggieJoanna1972 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi
    i'm new
    trying to loose a few kilos or a few pounds
    hope we all achive our goals
  • KristiCastro27
    KristiCastro27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know a million people have posted on her and what's one more... but I had my first baby exactly a year ago. While I am only about 10lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight, I had gained about 30lbs before becoming pregnant. In addition to that I really blew up while pregnant. I am really tired of seeing all these women and moms that have had a baby 3 months ago and look better than I do a year later. It's been really hard not to get depressed. I have begun to COMPLETELY avoid pictures and I am struggling breaking a serious sugar addiction. I find myself tired all the time (my daughter has been a terrible sleeper since she was born) and the sugar keeps me going. I crave it. I will do really good for 2-3 days and then have a sugar binge which I HATE! Anyways, looking for people who have some of the same goal as me.
    Kristi
  • angela61818
    Options
    Hello! I am a 34 year old wife and mother. I can't seem to stick to any diet so I figured joining a group on here might help. We all have the same problems and goals right??
  • jenlyons21
    jenlyons21 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new to this site... I am 26 years old and mommy to a beautiful 18 month boy. I gained a lot of weight with y pregnancy and need some other mommies encouragement to keep going with my weigh tloss!
  • stephaniesass
    Options
    Hello my name is Stephanie I am 24 a mom of three and I am currently 167.8 pounds my goal weight is 135. I started my diet/workout program on march 18th and weighed in then at 171.9 pounds. So I am on the right path, but I am having a hard time staying motivated. I had a friend join with me but has not followed through, I am just looking for anyone that needs that extra buddy to help motivated each other. I am not a sweet eater or big on soda but my thing I would say holding me back is how often i eat and feel hungry, So the amount of food I am talking in. :) good luck to you all!
  • mdefee0314
    mdefee0314 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group, but have been using My Fitness Pal for about a month or more now! I have lost 12 pounds so far! I have a 2 year old little boy that keeps me on my toes at all times! I am trying to get back down to a healthy size for me and my son!
  • kipkemboi
    kipkemboi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a mom to a 3 year old son who keeps me moving. I am working on losing 100 pounds by 2014 and it can be very hard to do that without motivation. I have already lost 12 pounds and am moving forward to lose more. Please feel free to add me.
  • Alexandramhw
    Options
    Just Started MFP yesterday. I have struggled to shed the weight I put on with each kid (now almost 4 and 8 years old!) and am looking for support wherever I can. I am currently 183lbs and it's the heaviest I've ever been :(
    I am setting short and long term goals. Long term is down to 140 but for now it's just to loose 10 lbs before my vacation at the end of next month.
    I've struggled with binge/emotional eating from stress for ages... any suggestion for that would be more than welcome.
  • Steph_L3
    Steph_L3 Posts: 53
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new to the site. I'm 28 and I have one kiddo. He's 8.. I still can't believe he's already 8 and his birthday was in November. lol I have 34lbs to lose and really hope by joining a group and this site, It'll help keep me motivated. I look forward to getting to know some of you!
  • becoming88
    becoming88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I think this is my first ever post on an MFP discussion board/group! I'm a stay at home mom of four and finally getting serious about losing this extra weight! I'm 5'2" and currently 151 pounds. I gained 60 pounds with my most recent pregnancy, and now that she is almost 11 months old, I think I'm ready to stop blaming her for this weight problem ;)

My first mini-goal is my pre-pregnancy weight of 144 pounds. My ultimate goal is 125 pounds :)

Looking forward to getting to know you guys!