Introductions

Options

Replies

• taviaroth
    taviaroth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Heather. I am 27 a first time mom of a crazy 16 month old girl and ready to get back into shape.

I am fortunate to be tall (first time in my life to say that, lol) because I've been able to carry my weight. When I committed to starting Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, I calculated my BMI and was completely stunned to find I was obese! I have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks, whoop! Whoop! And have officially made it to just the overweight category. I am restarting RI30 since I've had such great results and am so excited to be losing weight, inches and gaining a lot more energy to keep up with my little one :)
    :happy: GOOD JOB, Keep going!! :smile:
  • Mom2ATeam
    Mom2ATeam Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Aubrey. I'm 33 and I'm a single mom of 3 little ones - 8 year old twin girls (one of which has Aspergers Syndrome) and a 6 year old boy. I've been working hard for 3 months now to lose weight and get healthy after 6 years of allowing autoimmune diseases to keep me down. I've lost 35 pounds so far and have about 20 more to go before I get to my goal. I'm excited to be here and get to know some supportive, likeminded moms.
  • Nbellmoye225
    Options
    Hi all, i hope it's ok for me to join this group. I"m not a mommy yet (though we are working on it), but i'm a stepmom to a pretty cool 11 year old boy and more involved in his life than his mom for sure. Just turned 32, married to a handsome 36 year old and living in Cleveland. I'm looking for a group to help support me in getting back on the wagon for consistent workouts while balancing my household, running a company, being a wife and mother and working on having a baby! Hopefully you all are ok with me being part of this group!
  • mamaneeds2getfit
    Options
    Hi and good day to all. My name is Tatyana and I'm a 28 year old mom to a 13 month old, and after packing on some pounds during pregnancy and honestly not eating the best afterwards, I really need to work on getting my act together. I have been overweight in the past and then worked my butt off and got into super great shape only to find myself back out of shape again. I was just able to get a membership to the Y, but my little boy only lasts about 20 minutes in child care. I also go to school on top of seeing about him and taking care of the house, so fitness hasn't been a priority. I want to focus on it again, lose the excess weight, feel healthier, and feel better about myself. I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies. Good luck in all your endeavors!
  • saraewhite2009
    saraewhite2009 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sara. I am going to be 31 in July. I am very short in stature coming in at 4'9 & 3/4" I have two children. soon to be 8 and 5 1/2. I have been married almost 5 years together for 11. I have been a yo-yo dieter since I was in high school.

After I had my children I found it much harder to lose weight and the pounds kept packing on. 2 months ago I really saw how I looked and broke down crying. I weighed in at the heaviest I have ever been at 141 lbs. With my short stature it wasn't good.

So I started making changes little by little. First with exercising everyday to 10 Minute Trainer. But I modified it to go slowly. 10 minutes for 2 weeks, 20 minutes for 2 weeks and 30 minutes for two weeks. Then I started some yoga off of you tube for a week and now I am doing Turbo Jam. After 3 weeks of starting I changed my eating to more of a clean eating because I really wasn't seeing results. After the first week of clean eating I started seeing awesome results.

So now my focus has been getting my workouts in every morning and eating as clean as I can. But I am still human and know I will make mistakes and will need help and Motivation!!! Plus I love to help and give support!!!
  • elidore123
    elidore123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to fitnesspal...I just started my weightloss journey on May 26. I have 4 kids ranging from 14 to 11 months...I work full time and have a husband....just a very busy life! I have been working out at lunch at my work 3 to 4 days a week, high intensity with a co worker and trying my hand at "clean eating"...I have completely eliminated pop, sugary drinks, and red meat from my diet...so far Im down 10 pounds! YAY :)
  • mikepvslady
    mikepvslady Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This sounds like the group for me. I am a full time working mom of 3 ages, 10,10, & 11. Not a lot of time for exercise and eating ha been a challenge. Could use a little help getting started.
  • Krystal_1982
    Krystal_1982 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the group for me too! I am a mom of a soon to be 3 year old, and have been steadily putting on the pounds. Biggest downfall is not eating at home, and also not being able to stick to anything for more than 2 weeks...need help keeping motivated!
  • shannalee2354
    shannalee2354 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Shanna and this is my second round with MFP. I stopped logging in last winter when I found out I was pregnant with twins. My girls are 6 weeks old now and I'm ready to start getting back in shape. I gained 60 pounds with the girls but I'd lost 52 by the time they were 6 weeks old. Now it's just that last little bit and the remaining 10 or so that I hadn't lost after I had my 4 year old son. My goal is to run a half marathon in Disneyworld in February 2015. I'm really excited to be a part of a group of people who understand the struggles of mommyhood :-)
  • HooahLydia
    HooahLydia Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm a mom to our beautiful one and only child. She's 2 years old. I want to lose about 70 by this time next year. This is my third time trying this. But I have a lot more motivation now, and I hope by joining some groups, I can keep it up this time! I can't wait to get to my goal weight!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I just joined this group and I would love to get to know some of you lovely ladies!

A little about me:

-I have an 8 month old daughter and I am breastfeeding
    -I have PCOS
    -I am currently on mat leave
    -I am trying to eat cleaner and get a workout in at least 4-5x per week
    -My goal is to tone up (especially my tummy, thighs and butt) and build muscle.

Feel free to add me as a friend I could use the support and motivation and I will do the same for you :):):)
  • thenerdmommy
    thenerdmommy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just joined this group, and am still pretty new to MFP.

I'm currently a stay-at-home mommy to an almost 3 year-old awesome little boy. After I had him, I ended up losing all of my pregnancy weight, and then some thanks to the magic of breastfeeding. However, I was bad, and didn't change my eating habits during that time or develop any normal exercise routines. After he turned 1, the weight started coming back, and then some. When I gave birth to him, I weight about 210. I was able to get down to 159 in a year, and almost 2 years later, I'm at about 216. I've always struggled with my weight, but I'd really like to lose it all for good now!

This seems like a great group to stay motivated. Anyone who wants to add me as a friend, please feel free to do so!
  • SteshaNicole
    SteshaNicole Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm a mommy to two boys, a wife, a full time employee, and full time housekeeper. The "fun" never stops in my household. My first goal is that I am on a mission to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and then go from there. I started using myfitnesspall about 45 days ago and just got a Fitbit One to help monitor myself. Feel free to add me as a friend. I know we can all use any extra support and encouragement that we can find. Good luck everyone. We can do this!
  • hbn1
    hbn1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new to the forums and looking for some friends also. I'm mom to 2 boys - 5 months postpartum from my youngest. I'm looking to lose about 40 pounds (whenever I get to where I feel healthy - not sure what weight that will be) and need a little moral support. I'm nursing and working out but haven't really lost anything after the first few weeks, so I know my diet needs some cleaning up.
  • mdelynn01
    mdelynn01 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a mom to a 2 month old, 1 year old and 6 year old. I would like to lose 40 more pounds.
  • tm259823
    tm259823 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the group and also a stay at home mom to three kids, 9,8, and a crazy four year old. I want to lose 92lbs to be happier with myself. I have a lot of trouble staying motivated:( I hope by joining mfp I can finally lose all this extra weight and start enjoying my life again.
  • camorganart
    camorganart Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone, this is my first day on MFP. I'm a mother of one. Right after my daughter was born, my mother unexpectedly died of a heart attack. I spiralled into a deep depression that I'm still struggling with today. I'm here because I'm trying to take back my life.
  • I3righti3lue24
    I3righti3lue24 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My real first time TRYING to get this weight off, I have around 60-70lbs to go, saying that makes me feel like its going to be impossible. But hopefully I can find the motivation to keep me going..

My names Jessica, I am a stay at home mom of two, my eldest Vanessa is 2 years old, and my youngest Willow is 4 months old.

I want to be around for my kids, and teach them the important of being healthy so this is why I am here.
  • MissMamaAndrea
    MissMamaAndrea Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Andrea
    I'm a mother of 3 my kids are 10 yr / 8 yr / 1 yr old I had dropped a ton of weight in the past but regretfully gained it all back right before and during my last pregnancy. I'm ready to get the weight off and hoping I can make friends that will keep me accountable! I'm on a really strict diet because of food allergies but I'm just not dropping weight? Please feel free to add me and let's drop the baby weight plus some!!
  • misaksen
    misaksen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello Group,
    I am looking for friends on MFP to help with motivation and learn from. I have 1 bio son who is 7 and 4 adopted kids ages 12, 11, 10, and 8. I am stressed and think this hinders my weightloss efforts from time to time. I also have PCOS. Right now things are going fairly well. I have dropped over 50 pounds since Thanksgiving, but have been stuck for 2 months.