Introductions

Options

Replies

• yvonnejobin1
    yvonnejobin1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a mom to a 3 year old boy and a 14 month old girl! I am a part time bartender (I love that I work nights and the kids are in bed within 2 hours of me leaving!) as well as a professional face painter in rural Upstate NY. I am still breast feeding, but am in the process of weaning my daughter. At this point, I think it's more of a comfort thing for her at this point, so I'm not worried about diminishing my supply. Admittedly, none of my weight gain was from pregnancies... it seems that the only time I had the willpower to take care of myself was when I had a baby in my belly. Most of my weight came from stress eating when my husband became ill, and more recently when he left me. My plan for now is to replace 2 meals a day with protein shakes, cut my soda intake to one can a day, and complete the c25k program.
  • Kelceemarie426
    Options
    Hello my name is Kelcee I am 21 years old and a Mother of two. My youngest is now 1 years old and before I plan to get pregnant in September I want to get fit. I am currently going to the gym 5 days a week. I am trying to loose some weight to look my best on my wedding day April 26th!

61541110.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mandydaws
    mandydaws Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Mandy 36yrs old married for 12yrs sahm mum with a 18 year old who has moved out with my 10mth old granddaughter, at home we have a 14yr old boy a 10yr old girl 7yr old boy and a 14mth old little girl busy yes.
    I enjoy making clothes for my kids (just getting into it) I am a guider with the local brownies, I help on the pta and like to get involved with church as well, I enjoy cooking, reading, and lots of family time.
    My starting weight was 181, I am currently doing the 100 day challenge and set a goal of 10% so far down to 171 my main goal is to get to 146 or as close as possible by my birthday in July.
    I do all my workouts at home via the wii, I walk a lot picking the kids up from school which is a mile away and it is hilly where we live.

Pls feel free to add me Xx
  • amargo
    amargo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I have been a member of My Fitness Pal since having my little guy back in 2010. I have never joined a group before but lately have realized that I really need to have someone to be accountable to and just for moral support through this journey. Hopefully this helps me get more motivated and can give me insight in what to do and what not to do in order to achieve my goals! It will be nice to know what other mommies are going through as they try to get back to a healthy weight and deal with raising a child at the same time!!

I was about 165 or so when I got pregnant and gained about 35 lbs during the pregnancy. I was right under the 200 lb mark when I gave birth and now (3 years later) have only been able to get back down to the 170 mark. I am more at 180 currently and just want to shed those last 20 lbs or so to get back to a healthy weight for me. (I am 5'8) I am hoping to meet all of you and gain some diet and fitness pals!
  • amistewart89
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm a ftm of a 6 month old boy.
    I have joined MFP to be more accountable of my eating and exercising. I am currently 173lbs. I was 120lbs when I was attending university and got married. But through 4 years of university and just being a bit too comfortable with my hubby I've watched the scale creep up.
    My goal is just to get to a weight where I'm comfortable with myself.
    Although I do have two motivators
    1) three large plastic totes of clothes that are too small (it'd be like buying a whole new wardrobe just to fit back into them) and
    2) Hubby offered to pay for 3 full new outfits if I could get down to 145lbs

I'm using FB groups and MFP to keep myself accountable. Feel free to add me if you'd like, I'd love to see other peoples journeys :)
  • Nana_nyc
    Nana_nyc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

My name is Johanna (30 y/o)and I am a mother to a 10y/o boy, work full time and am also working on Masters. I have been on MFP on and off for the past year and have never really gotten into the social support side of it. I have struggled with weight for along time and have learned that my go to stress management is FOOD! I am an emotional eater! Hubby and I have been trying to get pregnant and its not working so I want to get healthy to make sure I can have another baby! Currently I'm @ 193lbs, I lost 7lbs in the last month! I know I have a long way to go and could really use the support of some amazing women that understand the struggles of being a mom and trying to get healthy.

Feel free to add me!!! :smile:
  • Irisballoon
    Irisballoon Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody! My name is April and I'm 23 from Rhode Island. I am a mommy and a fiance. I am a mother to a three year old little boy named Jason and I am enjoying every mintue of it! I gained a lot of weight when my son was born and I am trying to loose it all! I would love to get to my pre pregnant weight that was 110. :) Right now I am 175-186 ish. I think I am 175 but I keep getting weighed by different scales. I have one at home that is non digital, and one at my doctors office that is digital.... so which one should I look at? Thanks for your time. I am hoping to shed some with all of you!! :) Feel free to add me as well!!!
  • erelyl
    erelyl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good morning mommies! I'm Angie, new to MFP but not to the diet-go-round. I'm really trying to put all the possible tools in play this time to help me succeed, so i'm going to make the best use of the social aspect that MFP offers to go along with the food and activity diary. So far i see a lot of people in a similar situation to me, and that makes me feel so much less alone. And reading the success stories gives me a boost of "i can do that too" every time.

I'm 39, a single mom to a darling, busy, silly, smart and very active 4 year old boy. He is my world and my reason for wanting to be healthy and active. I have a lot of weight to lose, and i know it will be a slow process, but it will be worth it.

I tried several times in the past to lose weight with varying levels of success. It's way too easy for me to just be lazy and sit on the couch, that's a habit that really needs breaking. I do love to cook and make an effort to ensure my kiddo gets healthy meals and snacks. And these days being single i have some extra incentive in wanting to look and feel my best for dating again.

If you are reading this and up for new friends please add me! I already enjoy seeing updates from people here, it's a real incentive to log in.
  • cllq3f
    cllq3f Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello! I am new to mfp and am hoping that it will provide me with inspiration when needed! I have a five year old daughter and recently graduated graduate school! Both of those things combined have caused me to pile on the pounds! I am wanting to start caring about my self so that my daughter will not think it is ok to be fat! All the women in my family are overweight and I am ready to break the cycle!
  • eherte
    eherte Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello. I have been on MFP for a while, but never stick with it. I am determined this time because of my son. I am a single mom to a wonderful (at times :smile: ) little boy. I have recently been told by my doctor that i am obese. I want my boy to grow up to be healthy, and am now trying to set a good example for him. I get discouraged easily when i dont see results and i think that is why I have never stuck with it before. In addition to my son I also take care of my mother who is disabled and often needs a lot of help. Along with those distractions from being my helathiest, i have fibromyalgia, which makes it very difficult to exercise or focus enough to log anything.
  • type2run
    type2run Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    nice photo Irisballoon! I got addicted to Glee during my pregnancy (Netflix lol) and now my little girl loves it haha! good luck with your weight loss & I say just go with the digital... :)
  • mahoneyjl
    mahoneyjl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Jenny a working mom of 3. Youngest is 19months. It seems like I hold on an extra 10 pounds after each pregnancy. I'll lose it and then put the weight back on. Trying to get back to the 140's, I run and eat well most of the time. Its hard when the kids want to bake or ask for ice cream! Just looking to have some ladies with similar goals to chat with and see what's working!
  • rexjackiec
    Options
    Hi everyone I am Jackie! I am a mother of 3 my youngest turning 4 tomorrow!! :( I am a full time nursing student. My goal is to lose 30 lbs. The hardest thing for me would be eating. I would love for everyone to share how they manage to eat and take in the correct amt of (good) calories. I noticed that i have a problem eating all the calories mfp has me needing to eat. I also have a problem with healthy recipes that EVERYONE will eat and that is not EXTREMELY expensive. Good Luck to all on this wonderful journey!!
  • chrisiboo
    Options
    Hi, I am very new to MFP. I just started today. I am a mom of 3 and I work full time. I usually sit a read during any spare time I find, but am hoping to get more active a start losing this extra weight.
  • sparklell
    sparklell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm new to the group, A working Mom. I have a 1 year old bouncing baby boy who keeps me very busy when I come home from work. I am looking to lose the extra weight I gained and more getting me down to a healthy size.
  • TheMotivatedMomma
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am a stay at home mom with 2 little girls, ages 1 and 3, I need to lose a lot of weight... like close to 190lbs, all of which I have gained since getting pregnant 4 yrs ago! I would love some more friends! Please feel free to add me! I hope to be inspirational to others, but I can also use some inspiration from others! :)
  • Cbogin77
    Cbogin77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am a full time working mom of a 6 and 9 year old, just started fitness pal to keep track of my food intake, I have already lost 30 pounds on my own, but I've been stuck on the same weight for the past 4 months, I'm looking for motivation, tips and advise from other moms, we never stop learning every day and I am ready to continue my weight loss path until I reach my goal, I'm all in :)
  • mrsgosch
    mrsgosch Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a mom of 2 girls ones almost 2 and the other is 2 months on Monday. I gained a ton of weight after my first from birth control then gained more during my pregnancy. After having my daughter I thought my weight would slowly go down....i was sooo wrong it has started to slowly go up!!! I had a c-section so I've slowly started working out again and have been doing to much and end up super sore :(
  • clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am Claire, I live in New Zealand with my fiance and my ten month old son. I have lost some weight but have a long way to go with over 50kg to lose. I can't wait to meet new people who are on the same journey. I want to be able to run with my son. That would be the best thing ever.
  • skinnysearch_
    Options
    I have a 14 month old & I'm trying to lose 30-40 lbs. Add me if you'd like :)