Introductions

Options

Replies

• fitforchocolate
    fitforchocolate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Ya'll
    I'm a 24 year single mama to an almost two year old little boy. He is my pride and joy and he keeps me on my toes. I have been trying to lose 15-20 lbs, but my overall goal is to become toned and fit. I'm currently training for my first half marathon and have been working on building up my endurance. My struggle right now is finding time between in college, working part time, and balancing time with my son. How do you guys find time to fit in everything?
  • arwenbutterfly
    arwenbutterfly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    New to group, Mid 30s with an almost 2 year old LO. I am about 50lbs from the weight I would like to be, and I am just trying to find a way to lose, but to figure out health and myself in my newest role...

I'll get back to you on that last one in another 18-20 years... :-)
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Jan I am a mom to 5. 3 of my own and 2 step daughters. they range in years from 5-16. I work full time from home and then I bartend a few nights a week to get out and see grownups. I'm about 50lbs from where I want to be. my biggest struggle is that I am already over weight and I don't have time to eat so I would only eat one meal a day. im working on that and getting better everyday. I also struggle with the fact that I am 39 almost 40 and I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago so I am starting early menopause. it doesn't make for easy weight loss :(
  • luckyblonde86
    luckyblonde86 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 27 and I am mommy to a 4 year old boy and a set of 2 and a half year old twins. I love my babies but hate the weight I gained from having them. So with alot of hard work, I will lose the extra pounds.
  • luckyblonde86
    luckyblonde86 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 27 and I am mommy to a 4 year old boy and a set of 2 and a half year old twins. I love my babies but hate the weight I gained from having them. So with alot of hard work, I will lose the extra pounds.
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi there, if you are looking for friends to help with the motivation - feel free to add me
  • mama2boys08
    mama2boys08 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo ladies!!
    I'm 26 (next month) and a mom of two VERY energetic and HYPER boys. Ages 6 and 2. Now that school is out for the summer, I'm planning on taking them to the park in the mornings and going for walks. I'm planning on getting a membership to Gold's Gym this time next month. I've been a SAHM since January and even though I've found it challenging, I've been finding ways to survive lol.
    I seem to be a magnet to pre-eclampsia and had it with both of my pregnancies. My highest weight was 249.5. I'm currently at 201.5 and I'm wanting to be at 130-140lbs. Time to get back on track!
  • siegel7707
    siegel7707 Posts: 7
    Options
    hello! I am new to MFP and so far I am kinda loving it! I need motivation pals though, so add me if you want! I am a stay at home mother of a 4 year old little man. I am happily married and 30 years old. my start weight (4 days ago) was 191 and I have a goal of 40lbs to get rid of (would like 50).
  • tobiasmom
    tobiasmom Posts: 161
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I'm Lindsey. I'm 31, and have one son who is 7. I'm currently at 190lbs, but my highest has been 195. I have a goal of 145lbs, which I would like to get to by next summer hopefully. It's very cold here for 6 months of the year and I don't stay as active as I should.
    I'm a pharmacist and I often work 12 hour shifts, so another challenge I have is bringing enough healthy food with me to work so I'm not tempted to buy crap.
  • mrsdutko
    mrsdutko Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 10 weeks postpartum with about 10 lbs. left to lose. Hoping to utilize this forum to motivate me to make good choices in my diet and exercise! It's nice to meet all of you!
  • SkinnyMomma02
    SkinnyMomma02 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Brandi im 32 and have two boys 5yo and 12 weeks old. just looking for other moms to talk to about losing weight and just eating better.
  • rachel_be
    rachel_be Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Rachel and I am 27, mom to a 2.5 year old daughter. I never had to watch my weight before I had my daughter but found that the weight that I gained during pregnancy just seemed to hang around, and I cant really justify it as baby weight or toddler weight anymore lol.. I started trying to eat reasonably healthy about 5 weeks ago and exercising regularly, starting weight was 156 lbs, my last weigh in yesterday was 152 lbs so slowly but surely making progress. I thought joining a site like this would be helpful in keeping motivate, I am so inspired by a lot of the mama stories out there! My pre-pregnancy weight was around 137lbs give or take, ideally I would like to be back down near that weight around 140 lbs so that is my initial goal.
    I would say my main challenges are a busy career, I work as a professional engineer, and a long commute. I am looking for ways to make my fitness and health a priority and have made good progress but am open to any suggestions or tips and tricks.
    Good luck to you all on your fitness and healthy weight journeys looking forward to making some new connections.
    Cheers
    Rachel
  • melisj5
    melisj5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Melissa and I'm 29 years old. I'm a new mom to a beautiful one month old daughter. Before my pregnancy, I lost 30lbs and still needed around 25 to go. I did gain a little of it back, but not too much. I did lose most of my pregnancy weight, but would like to lose the rest and the remaining weight I was working on before.
  • VintageChicMama
    VintageChicMama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jessica, mama to my baby boy Drew who grew his wings in 2006 and Lexi my 2.5 year old spitfire. I was always curvy and than started to put on weight after my first miscarriage when I was 18. I got pregnant with my son Drew when I was 19 and gained 80 pounds. He passed away 12 hours after he was born and than my emotional relationship with food really began. I lost most of my pregnancy weight pretty quickly and than ate my emotions and gained it back and some. My son's dad left me in 2008 and I somehow lost 50 pounds....not even sure how it happened. Gained it back and than got pregnant with my daughter in 2010. At the end of my pregnancy I weighed in at 289 (eek!!). I got back to my pre pregnancy weight and joined MFP in hopes of losing even more. I lost about 20 pounds and than quit MFP (stupid!!). Now I am at my heaviest unpregnant weight. We moved to Northern California a little over a year ago and it has been HARD. I eat, sleep, work, sit on my butt and am generally unhappy with myself. I don't feel like I am being a good mother or role model to my daughter and it has got to change. I never want her to have this battle with weight so I need to teach her to be healthy NOW. I have been back on MFP for a few days and will take all the encouragement I can get. Please add me <3
  • LindzM927
    LindzM927 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this group . I work full time and have a 2 1/2 year old Boy and need motivation to get back in shape.
  • dylangrrrrl
    dylangrrrrl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi all Moms on a Mission!

I'm a 39 year old working mom of two girls (2.5 yrs and 5 months) looking to get creative about fitting in exercise while spending time with the kiddos. Always looking for quick healthy meal ideas including already prepared foods/snacks. We can do this! This week's goal to get up an hour early to get a walk/run in before the kids/husband wakes up. Who's in?
  • ChippleMunk
    Options
    Hi, my name is Heather. I am 27 a first time mom of a crazy 16 month old girl and ready to get back into shape.

I am fortunate to be tall (first time in my life to say that, lol) because I've been able to carry my weight. When I committed to starting Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, I calculated my BMI and was completely stunned to find I was obese! I have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks, whoop! Whoop! And have officially made it to just the overweight category. I am restarting RI30 since I've had such great results and am so excited to be losing weight, inches and gaining a lot more energy to keep up with my little one :)
  • laynakat89
    laynakat89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Allayna I am 25 and I have a 7 week old boy named Thomas! I was overweight before and I was working very hard on getting healthy. I fell off my routine and eating while pregnant. Now between lack of sleep, breast pumping and working full time, I am trying to balance life long weight problems too! I have started walking again and I am working on eating clean again. Thomas is very energetic already so I need to get healthy now to be the mom I want to be later!
  • taviaroth
    taviaroth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Tavia and I have 5 children. I quit smoking about 5 months ago and have gained like 45 lbs! I feel terrible :P It took forever for me to lose my baby weight but, I did it every time. now Im done having babies is all back :( I joined few days ago and have stuck to it for 2 days so far but Im doing it alone and thats harder. I dont really know how to navigate the site well but I thought Id introduce myself to yaall :) Hi :)
  • taviaroth
    taviaroth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Heather. I am 27 a first time mom of a crazy 16 month old girl and ready to get back into shape.

I am fortunate to be tall (first time in my life to say that, lol) because I've been able to carry my weight. When I committed to starting Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, I calculated my BMI and was completely stunned to find I was obese! I have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks, whoop! Whoop! And have officially made it to just the overweight category. I am restarting RI30 since I've had such great results and am so excited to be losing weight, inches and gaining a lot more energy to keep up with my little one :)