Difference between Primal and Paleo

Options
124»

Replies

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Ever since adopting Primal/Paleo a year ago, my "system" has slowed WAY down... the only thing that has ever worked for producing regular daily "activity" is reintroducing grains. My assumption, for me, anyway, is that there is less waste b/c I'm finally eating foods my body can process and actually use. I go usually about 2-3x per week at the most. If I'm low carb (have been doing very low carb last two months) this is reduced to 1-2x per week. If I feel it's been too long, I'll do a shot of coconut oil, which pretty much cleans me out in 12 hours or so, but comes with some mild cramping.

I had a few issues at first (a change for me, as I have IBS-D, and my problem is usually going too often). I'm now doing well since adding more fat and more vegetables, especially leafy stuff.
    It's been very similar with our dogs. With feeding a raw diet (mostly raw chicken, including bones, a few fruits and vegetable scraps, some leftovers -- and since we're grain free, the leftovers are grain free), there is almost no waste. Doggie clean up is really easy! There must be a lot of waste in commercial dog food (let's not get into that) because with our previous dogs, there was always a lot to clean up.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    PicklePlum wrote: »
    I thought I'd post this recent video on the difference between Primal and Paleo. Seems that the two are coverging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wOnhJcWqhD8

and Blog post: http://paleomagazine.com/paleo-vs-primal

Thanks, PicklePlum, for posting this video. It cleared up some confusion for me.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a time traveler B) since most days I'll eat Paleo/Primal...then travel to the future and engage in foods that modern man engages in, realize how horrible most things are, and return to "ancient" nutrition. (I hope people have a sense of humor here!)
    I do have the most success in health and wellness by avoiding all overly processed foods...but dairy is sure hard to kick! Because I ate full Paleo for a few years, I can only tolerate white cheeses, butter and half and half....Cheddar and other orange cheeses do not sit well with me. (which I'm glad)
    Living in a corporate world makes it hard, and I'd sure like to live on a farm, grow my organic crops and raise livestock to eat. A dream at this point, but hopefully I can do that someday!

YES lol - I like the Time Traveler reference. I traveled into the future a week ago Friday and ate an entire pepperoni pizza