Let's Do this on the 2nd of January!!!!

Options

Replies

• sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm in just ordered a box set of Jillian's dvd's from HMV (uk). So will be up for doing 30 day shed from 2nd (assuming i've recovered from hogmanay! We get 2 bank holidays after hogmanay in scotland to recover!
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I will do it, unlike the last two times I said I would...I really mean it this time lol

I'm taking it home with me for Christmas so I should get at least 5 sessions in over the holidays! Do we have to do it everyday OR, are people doing it a few times a week? When I return to Sheffield, I'll be doing my 3 classes so it'll be back to normal....and I don't plan on doing it on these days as I work so hard and burn around 800 cals per session!!

x
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    yay ill do it :)
  • tashmash2011
    Options
    I made it to day 5 level 1 last time, but we have just booked 2 weeks in tenerife in may! So i am definitely up for giving it another try, 17 pounds to lose and im hoping this will get me on my way to a bikini body :)
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I had decent results my first time doing 30ds and I'd love to start again w/ all you guys =)
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Done it twice so far, both times getting to a couple of days into level 3. First time had to bow out due to a shoulder injury. Second time I was trying to start C25K at the same time and got a couple of injuries through running that meant I had to stop again.

This time I will do my 30 days then when I am finished I will restart C25K!

Couple of things I noticed first time around....

The first couple of days my quads burned, climbing the stairs was really uncomfortable and my body cried out for rest but I continued and each day the workout got a little easier. By day 5 the burning stopped and I felt great. By day 10 of level 1 I could already notice changes. My belly was tightening, my cellulite had gone and I just wobbled a whole lot less!

My fitness had improved and when I tried another DVD workout I had, for the first time ever I could keep up!

Some people noticed weight gain in the first couple of days but this usually turned to a loss by day 6-8. Be careful not to overestimate your calorie burn - I always recorded it as circuit training and allowed 20 mins (I don't count the cool down) Also I found I had to eat my exercise calories back immediately after to aid recovery so I could carry on the next day.

If you want to prepare for starting this, do a couple of pushups each day. Upper body strength will really help.

Since I started first time I have lost around 15 lbs and I still have about 15 to lose. I know the last 10lbs is supposed to be the hardest to lose but I am sure with Jillian's help I can get there.
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    Looking forward to it :)
  • maross1956
    maross1956 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have lost 80lbs, but now Im stuck. This is just what I need to reach the hundred mark. Thanks for thinking of this. Im in all the way.
  • Roodandrea
    Options
    I asked my husband for this for my stocking! Happy to find a support group!
  • Brandee4
    Options
    I just got my DVD in the mail! I am ready to try this. It will be my first time.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Oh I am in on this. I need to get going and be motivated again. Life handing me lemons has not helped out and I need to work off some of my stress!
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have 30DS and have asked for two more of JM DVDs. So I'll be set on the DVDs. Just need to start doing them after the Holidays! Woo Hoo!
  • Shabambam
    Shabambam Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I will be on level 2 by then but let's do it!
  • mollyb33
    Options
    I'm really excited! :)
    A girlfriend of mine bought this DVD for me several years ago and I have started it about 4 times. I get to about 15-20 days in and then I get distracted by other workouts or just life. :P
    I'm really excited to complete this series and see the results.
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    I can't wait. :) I've been wanting to do this for a while, but with a buddy. Are we all posting before/after pics? If so, are we doing them AFTER the 30 days, or before pics on the 2nd, and then after photos?
  • chunkymonkey7692
    Options
    can't wait, let's kick some *kitten*
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Ive done 30 DS before and had great results. I am just finishing up Ripped in 30 and haven't seen any great results. I also will be doing Extreme Shred and Shred so hopefully I can get some great results from these two workouts.
  • progresseeker2311
    Options
    ordered my dvd from amazon! i'm ready!!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Count me in, did earlier this month but stopped when i fell sick. I'm ready to get back on that 30 DS horse again. Let's go for it.
  • ygglove
    ygglove Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Rememeber on Jan 1 to take your before picture and measurements and weigh yourself the morning of Jan 2!! Then at the end of our 30 days we will post our amazing results!!

Can we modify our pics to look like silhouette's? I'm at the beginning phase of losing weight, and I despise my body. I do take normal pictures of course, for comparison- I just really don't want to share them in color haha.