January Challenge. Running with Wolves and Vampires

Options
MindyBlack
MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
Here is the January Challenge for Team Twilight: Get your Vamp On Group. For the first time ever we are splitting into teams. You'll need to choose whether you want to run with vampires or run with wolves. Points will be averaged so teams do not have to be even. Here is how you will earn points for your team

1. Earn one team point for each loggable cardio minute. Walking, running, swimming, 30ds, whatever. If you can log it as cardio then you can earn a point. Unlimited points

2. Earn one point for everyday you eat at least one serving of your favorite veggie, sorry no ketchup . Really strive for at least one each and every day. Up to 7 points/week.

3. Earn one point for each new veggie, one you haven't tried in a while or one you hate but know you should eat anyway. Strive for at least 3 servings of that type of veggie per week. Up to 7 points/week.

4. 5 bonus points available for sharing a recipe including either your fave veggie or new veggie. Not open can and microwave, but somethng maybe we haven't tried before or especially a lightened up version of a classic recipe. 5 points available/week.

5. Earn 5 points each day you drink 8+ glasses (8oz) water. 3 points each day you had 5 glasses and one if you had 1-4 glasses. Up to 35 points avaibale/week.

Log your progress on the google spreadsheet. It will look different from before because we will put in our points earned each week as well.
Here is the link for spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AicviftRZdhUdGF3eG1yUXFMOTJ3ZXNYakVvS2Z4ZWc&hl=en_US#gid=1

Use this thread to post your recipes, share what you tried that you liked or didn't, whine, complain, brag and most of all, encourage!! Have fun! Enjoy this month as we focus on moving past the holidays and looking forward to spring.

Thanks Surf and Stacy for getting the spreadsheet going. You guys are awesome.

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    How exciting! Thank you Mindy and Stacy!
    January is going to be a terrific month, with lots of achievements for all of us!

Good luck ladies!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    ready to rock it out, ladies! woot!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,048 Member
    Options
    Wow this looks great!
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    Thanks girls, just what i need to get out of winter slump.......
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work Mindy & Surfrgrl!!! You guys are gonna help me get to goal this year for sure!

Now...as for who I'm running with, let me steal a quote from New Moon, Chapter 14:

"I bet she's tougher than that. She runs with vampires." - Embry Call

Sorry Jacob lovers....this gal likes 'em pale, cold, and lacking a pulse! :laugh:

Off to add my info to the spreadsheet!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Fantastic work Mindy & Surfrgrl!!! You guys are gonna help me get to goal this year for sure!

Now...as for who I'm running with, let me steal a quote from New Moon, Chapter 14:

Sorry Jacob lovers....this gal likes 'em pale, cold, and lacking a pulse! :laugh:

I love that!
  • beginswithb
    Options
    I'm using this as my inspiration to make a comeback. :)
  • Mad4282
    Mad4282 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! Can't wait to get started :)
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge and the spreadsheet! I just entered my stats so far. Thanks ladies for creating this, it's great!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    On my phone but I'm definitely running with vampires :happy: . My recent Twilight overload had caused me to have a lot of vampire dreams which I love! I'm looking forward to smashing my January goals.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Fantasit work Mindy & Surfrgrl!!! You guys are gonna help me get to goal this year for sure!

TeamJacob-2.jpg

just sayin...! :tongue:
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options

Thanks for adding the quote. That is exactly where I got this idea. I'm not quite up to Stacy's standard yet. She always gad great quotes and pictures.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    so far so good - felt good to boogie down in zumba this morning! i may end up with an extra hinge on my a$s like shakira after all! have a great tuesday, and be sure to sweat some today!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Hope I am not too late!! Adding my stuff in the AM!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,048 Member
    Options
    Sort of funny story.

My screening adventure. My sister and I got tickets to an Academy screening on the Warner Brothers’ Studio lot to see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. That’s a pretty cool opportunity to see a movie with the folks who vote whether to give it an Oscar or not. Since the email warned us that seats were given on a “first come, first served” basis in spite of the ticket we received, we arrived a bit early but were turned away from the gate and told to return in fifteen minutes. When we came back, we encountered a huge traffic jam , and it took forever to get parked and into the line. As we stood in line for two hours, we watched people from the Screen Actors’ Guild and the Directors’ Guild walk past us and go into the screening room. Finally, the line of us regular people started to move, but just before we reached the door, an announcement was made that all the seats had been filled. As an apology for our trouble, the staff asked us to stay in line and they would take our information to send us free movie tickets. While we waited, my sister and I heard the man behind us begin complaining loudly about the situation and then he said, “No way am I going to a freaking vampire movie now!” We couldn’t help but turn around laughing and tell his date that that was exactly what we were going to do. So we went to Breaking Dawn instead.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Hope I am not too late!! Adding my stuff in the AM!

no such thing as too late!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I added myself to the group. I hope to update my columns daily. This is going to be great for keeping me on track after I have let things slide for too long over holidays. Thanks so much for setting it up.

And yes, I run with Vampires. Even though movie Jacob made me ponder switching sides for a minute or two, I've got to be true to my heart ;)
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Whoever made the post about fanfiction THANK YOU!!! I have never heard of it before and I am absolutely in love. I was really in need of some non-required reading material. "flowerforyou: If you have some favorites please share with me!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    happy thursday, everyone! make it a great one! perhaps i'll eat a vegetable today...
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Whatever were we thinking, vamps and wolves don't eat vegetables! :grumble:
    This really is a heck of a challenge! :tongue: