January Challenge. Running with Wolves and Vampires

Options

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone! I love these challenges because they truly make me focus, where otherwise I tend to get lost.
    Thank you everyone for keeping up the great work, and for being such troopers! Don't worry about being 'perfect', just keep working on making those positive changes, no matter how big or small, they all count!!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    gah. binged today. bleh.

Don't beat yourself up! Tomorrow is a brand new day. :flowerforyou:
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I had my weigh-in yesterday, down 2 since last thursday, and 5.6 or so since the first (i know a good deal of that was water retention because of the salt) I'm at 256.6 which is only 1.6 over my goal for this challenge
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    Is having a good week and has found crab sticks.... mmmmmmmm.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    alright - that's two weeks with a loss of some type. if i can pull it off again, i will be past the notorious 191 for a change. i want to think i might be on a roll, but i think it's too early to do a happy dance. we'll just have to wait and see.

happy friday all you vamps and wolves! sweat some today!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    alright - that's two weeks with a loss of some type. if i can pull it off again, i will be past the notorious 191 for a change. i want to think i might be on a roll, but i think it's too early to do a happy dance. we'll just have to wait and see.

happy friday all you vamps and wolves! sweat some today!

That's awesome progress ... I will do a happy dance for you!
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    My food choices have not been awesome, but I have been working out a lot of my stress on the elliptical so that is a good thing. I reached my January goal in the first week somehow so I decided to try to lose another 3lbs this month. I don't want my body to start rebelling against me. I :heart: this challenge ... It keeps me motivated.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Well, week two wasn't bad. I'm only down 0.4 lbs, but it's better than nothing. I'm 15.8 lbs away from my end goal and only 0.8 lbs away from my end of January goal. Got to press onward.

Sunday is a big shopping day for me. I have two "pro" shoppers taking me out to replace my wardrobe as I have nothing that fits me anymore. I hate shopping and am very nervous. lol.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    Well I do not know what has happened... I have put on 2lbs.... How the hell did that happen??? I am very upset this morning.....
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Well I do not know what has happened... I have put on 2lbs.... How the hell did that happen??? I am very upset this morning.....

Could just be water retention. Have you eaten a lot of salty foods lately? Is your TOM coming up? If you're doing all the right things, your body WILL catch up at some point, I promise! HUGS!!!!!
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Question: For the purpose of this challenge, are we counting "starchy vegetables" as veggies? Like lima beans or potatoes?
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i'm counting my baked potato as a veggie until someone tells me not to!
  • clairelane1982
    Options

Could just be water retention. Have you eaten a lot of salty foods lately? Is your TOM coming up? If you're doing all the right things, your body WILL catch up at some point, I promise! HUGS!!!!!
    I kept blaming the scales... i got off and re-set them about 5 times. lol.... I know it will catch up if i stay on track, and i will.
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    Question: For the purpose of this challenge, are we counting "starchy vegetables" as veggies? Like lima beans or potatoes?
    I was also wondering this... was thinking as my new veggie i was going to try butter nut squash, does this count?
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,048 Member
    Options

How about coffee beans? They are beans, right! Starbuck's is where I get my veggies, lol!:drinker:
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options

How about coffee beans? They are beans, right! Starbuck's is where I get my veggies, lol!:drinker:

Well in that case, I'm drinking my veggies right now! :tongue:
  • lhurtubise
    Options
    Anyone seen Water for Elephants? I was wondering if your opinions ...
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Anyone seen Water for Elephants? I was wondering if your opinions ...

Yes! I love it. I saw it a couple of times at the theater and watched it again last night with some friends. I read the book about a year and a half ago and really liked it.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I was also wondering this... was thinking as my new veggie i was going to try butter nut squash, does this count?

Yes, I think it should count. I am counting sweet potatoes this week. I would just recommend keeping an eye on your carb count then. Sorry I didn't see your question yesterday.
    Butternut squash is very healthy and oh so yummilicious! I love all the winter squashes.
    A lima bean is really a legume but we usually eat them as a vegetable. I say do what you feel is right. The idea is to get you to try different varieties if healthy food. If you are doing that then go ahead and count it. I would have to draw the line at coffee beans though. LOL!!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

Well in that case, I'm drinking my veggies right now! :tongue:

Gosh yes, and my potato chips are veggies too, right? And chocolate is made from beans, I'm counting that too..... Talk about a creative bunch we have here!! :laugh: