Introductions

Options

Replies

• TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Name: Tara
    Hubby/Partner: Norman
    How many kids do you have: This will be our second :)
    Due Date: May 18thish, 2013
    Do you know the gender: Not yet- should find out end of Dec!
    Have you picked out the baby's name:Not yet! It was hard with our first one though to agree!
    Where do you live: Fredericksburg, VA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Run at least 1 mile a day or bike at least 6 a day and lift light weights to get/stay toned
    Anything else you'd like to share: Just hoping the next baby makes the appearance a week+ after our first sons birthday! (May 5th) Leave it to me to get pregnant about the same time 2years later :) lol
  • christinato
    christinato Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Name: Christina
    Hubby/Partner: Gray
    How many kids do you have: this will be #1
    Due Date: May 20th, 2013
    Do you know the gender: will be a surprise till birth
    Have you picked out the baby's name: we have a long (over 200 names) list.
    Where do you live: New Zealand
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: none. been banned by OBGYN
    Anything else you'd like to share: will need a clercage stitch around 12 weeks if I make it that far
  • jules080670
    jules080670 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Name: Jules
    Hubby/Partner: Nik
    How many kids do you have: 2 boys, Kyle is 14 and Finlay is 5
    Due Date: May 28th, 2013
    Do you know the gender: Too early yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name:
    Where do you live: Westcountry, England
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I'm going to be very careful as I'm in a high miscarriage group but stationary cycling, walking and swimming
    Anything else you'd like to share: Very unplanned, very shocked! I'm 42!!!!!
  • prplrose33
    prplrose33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Name: Beth
    Hubby/Partner: Clint
    How many kids do you have: This will be our 2nd. :)
    Due Date: June 1, 2013
    Do you know the gender: Not yet.
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Yes for a boy, no for a girl.
    Where do you live: Buffalo, NY
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Zumba, walking, yoga and riding a stationary bike.
    Anything else you'd like to share: We just found out and I want to tell my family so bad, but we are waiting until Thanksgiving!

I'm looking for some prego friends on here so feel free to add me!
  • Anyanka101
    Anyanka101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Name: Beth
    Hubby/Partner: Lewis
    How many kids do you have: We have 1 boy who is 7 years old.
    Due Date: 13th April 2013
    Do you know the gender: No and not sure yet if we are going to find out :)
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Not yet a few in mind though ;)
    Where do you live: Gillingham, Kent, UK
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Just over 11 weeks at the moment, did an 11k cross country run when I was 1 week pregnant (obviously didn't know lol), since I found I found out I haven't done much as I have had quite a few miscarriages and didn't want to chance anything, however, I am now feeling good and wanting to get back into it, so going to start with some at home DVD's and swimming and see how I go, looking for some advise and tips from those in the know xx
    Anything else you'd like to share: Looking forward to 'meeting' a few women in a similar situation :) x

Take care all x
  • Careolyn
    Options
    Name: Carolyn
    Hubby/Partner: James
    How many kids do you have: none
    Due Date: April 29, 2013
    Do you know the gender: No and not going to find out!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: No
    Where do you live: Northern Saskatchewan, Canada
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Since the nausea and fatigue hit, not much! :( Trying to get back into my running routine, but not going as far and attempting to do strength training at least twice a week. Hopefully will be feeling better sooner to get on with it, because I miss it! I also coach figure skating so I am skating about 3 times a week, an hour of actual skating and then an hour of standing around, coaching lol.
    Anything else you'd like to share: Can't wait to share this journey with others and get some good advice and tips!
  • shannonhames
    shannonhames Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name: shannon
    Hubby/Partner: garrett
    How many kids do you have: This will be our first :)
    Due Date: april 16th, 2013
    Do you know the gender: Note yet -- we arent finding out :)
    Have you picked out the baby's name: throwing some around, cant agree on a girls name
    Where do you live: st.louis, mo
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Running (in the 1st & 2nd trimesters), soccer x2 a week, gym and a kick boxing class once a week
    Anything else you'd like to share: open for workouts cause i wont be able to keep doing what im doing now!
  • RooChilders
    RooChilders Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Name: Roo
    Hubby: Tye
    Due Date: May 17th, 2013
    Do you know the gender: No, we will find out in January
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Yes, we picked out names for either gender about a year ago
    Where do you live: Stites, Idaho
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking,going to start yoga
    Anything else you'd like to share: Open to workout ideas, if anyone knows of any good ones I can do at home. I am so excited and glad this group is here.
  • allisonoseni
    allisonoseni Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Name: Allison
    Hubby: Dipo
    How many kids do you have: We have a 13 month old daughter Ella
    Due Date: May 30th
    Do you know the gender: Note yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Won't think about it until we know the sex
    Where do you live: West Los Angeles CA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Jogging, walking hills, resistance
    Anything else you'd like to share: I feel like using MFP I can stay on track with my weight gain and not have to work hard to get back to my pre baby body.
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Name: Erin
    Hubby: Reed
    How many kids do you have: 3.5 yo daughter; 2 yo son
    Due Date: May 19th
    Do you know the gender: nope
    Have you picked out the baby's name: we've got definates for a boy or a girl
    Where do you live: NC
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: walking, chasing children & exercise DVD's
    Anything else you'd like to share: Would really like to avoid gaining the 60lbs of "baby weight" that I did with my son (although 10lbs of that was him :)
  • vivalasith
    vivalasith Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Name: Bronny
    Hubby/Partner: The Lowell
    How many kids do you have: This is numero uno!
    Due Date: 2/1/2013
    Do you know the gender: He's a dude
    Have you picked out the baby's name: have some ideas...
    Where do you live: Central Fl!
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant?: I was doing pole dancing (ooh.. maybe thats why this all started ;-) Horse back riding and yoga . Now I'm just down to yoga- which I haven't attended that much :-(
    Anything else you'd like to share: Im allergic to gluten
  • beezbee
    beezbee Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Name: Maria
    Hubby/Partner: Fabian
    How many kids do you have: One 6 yr old daughter
    Due Date: March 08, 2013
    Do you know the gender: MaterniT21 says it's a boy
    Have you picked out the baby's name: I have, hubby yet to give his ok...
    Where do you live: New York, NY
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Summer Sanders & Karyne Steben pregnancy workouts, Jivamukti yoga, walking
    Anything else you'd like to share: A long time has passed since my first pregnancy; I feel a lot fitter than last time, but I'm feeling the age (41)! I'm having a hard time sticking to my newfound healthy food habits, so I just went back to logging every bite.
  • fitislandgirl
    fitislandgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Name: Kimmy
    Hubby/Partner: Roy
    How many kids do you have: 2 - this will be our 3rd :)
    Due Date: April 21st, 2013
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Won't decide until we know boy or girl.
    Where do you live: Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking but would like to go back to my weight training once nausea settles and energy levels return
    Anything else you'd like to share: So glad to be a part of this group! :)
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Name: Nicole
    Hubby/Partner: Tom
    How many kids do you have: 3 and expecting #4
    Due Date: April 15st, 2013
    Where do you live: Warren County New Jersey
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Jogging, Zumba, Spinning, Hiking and some strength training
    Anything else you'd like to share: So glad to be a part ofa group with so many healthy pregnant mamas!
  • meluc
    meluc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Name: Melissa
    Hubby/Partner: Luc
    How many kids do you have: My first child is a girl and she is 4 yrs old
    Due Date: April 9th, 2013
    Do you know the gender: Not yet
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Won't decide until we know boy or girl
    Where do you live: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Mostly walking
    Anything else you'd like to share: Our daughter is so excited to become a big sister :)
  • kimmacias
    Options
    Name: KImberly
    Hubby: Jason
    How many kids do you have: His two teens, our 2 year old and the one in the oven.
    Due Date: March 31, 2013
    Do you know the gender: Will know October 25, 2012
    Where do you live: Amarillo, Texas
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Doc confirmed me as a high risk pregnancy and has me on a sit down job the remander of my term. :ohwell: I so miss getting in a good work out and try to walk as much as possible.
    Anything else you'd like to share: Needing preggo friends to help me make healthy eatting choices. :flowerforyou:
  • rhirvo
    rhirvo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Name: Sonia
    Hubby/Partner: Jason
    Due Date: June 10, 2013
    Do you know the gender: Will find out!
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Have my choices ready!
    Where do you live: Vancouver, Canada
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Yoga, swimming
    Anything else you'd like to share: I have an 18 cm fibroid so this should be an interesting go at it! I found out I was PG when I went to the hospital for a scheduled surgery to have the fibroid removed! When you least expect it right!
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just found this group, and I would love to meet like-minded Moms-to-be with similar goals!
    Just call me Panda :)
    I have two living children, and I have had two miscarriages. This pregnancy will be baby #5.
    I am 10 weeks, due date is May 7th, 2013... which also happens to me my daughter's birthday!
    I don't know the gender yet, but we will definitely be finding out!
    Workouts- Before getting pregnant I was extremely active. I ran, lifted weights, and did lots of high impact aerobics. I have been diagnosed with a vaginal prolapse, so I have not been cleared to do most of those exercises. I am allowed to walk, bike, swim, and run on the elliptical. I can't do any crunches, sit-ups, leg lifts, or heavy lifting. This has been a HUGE change for me, and its been really hard. I kind of feel old because I can't be as active as I would like.
    I gained too much with my daughter and son, and I had no idea how to take off the weight until I found MFP after my son was nearly 2. I lost nearly 40 lbs, got down to my recommended weight, and now I would love to continue my healthy lifestyle. It has been very difficult because of morning sickness, certain foods do not sit well with me... and my husband has terrible eating habits. So I am hoping that joining this group will give me the encouragement I need.
    Praying that each and every one of you has a beautiful, healthy, wonderful pregnancy!!

(I love meeting new friends, but I do have some stipulations: please be encouraging to everyone, don't belittle, and I don't tolerate foul language, drama, gossip, or anything like that. Thanks!!!)
  • waterkiwi2
    Options
    Name: Kiwi
    Hubby: J
    How many kids do you have: This will be my first; My husband has two sons--10 and 13--I love 'em!
    Due Date: May 17, 2012
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Won't decide until we know boy or girl
    Where do you live: Currently--Mississippi, soon to move to Japan--love the military life!
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Jogging and circut training. Usually a Jillian Michaels workout and then I just ordered the Lindsey Brinn DVD set.
    Anything else you'd like to share: I've definately been on the rollercoaster weight loss journey. Lost 84 lbs at one time. I've gained about 40 over 4 or 5 years. Meanwhile I've run 2 full marathons and 8 half-marathons. I want to concentrate on staying fit and eating healthy for this baby.
  • Xited
    Xited Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Name: Lisa
    Hubby/Partner: Jack
    How many kids do you have: This will be our second
    Due Date: June 15th 2013
    Have you picked out the baby's name: Not till we know boy or girl.
    Where do you live: Seattle. WA.
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking, dance, prenatal yoga.
    Anything else you'd like to share: We found out we were expecting on our daughter's 1st birthday :)