2nd Trimester

Options

Replies

• ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was also wondering, I have an ultrasound at 19 weeks and was wondering how accurate is it when they tell you if it's a boy or a girl? I heard that sometimes they can make mistakes. I am going for my routine check-up ultrasound and the doctor told me I could ask the technician for the anatomy of the baby. I really want to know. A few of my family paid for the 3D ultrasound to find out the sexe of the baby but I've read that constant exposure to the sonore is not good for the baby. Any opinions on this?

The farther along you are, the more accurate they can be. But, the baby also has to give the ultrasound tech a good view. I've had a lot of ultrasounds, and they were able to tell at 18 weeks, and then I had a co-worker confirm it a couple weeks later.

As for the constant exposure to ultrasounds, I've heard that's just a myth. I personally don't think there are any issues with having "too many" ultrasounds. I've had quite a few already, and my little girl is growing just fine.

I hope you are able to tell what you are having at your ultrasound! It's so exciting!
  • ajsdream
    Options
    Hooray for all the baby movements!! So exciting! I felt my little guy kick for the first time yesterday too. I'm officially 19 weeks!

I apologize in advance for this little rant, but I figured if anyone would understand, you ladies will.

Last night was a coworkers birthday and I joined them out while they had a few drinks. Drinking water at the bar hasn't bothered me even the slightest until last night. Last winter one of my coworkers asked if we could start losing weight together, but stopped going to the gym with me when she realized that even though I was bigger than her, I was in better shape. I also snapped at her for telling people she had a baby, so she had an excuse to be fat (her daughter was 16 months old at the time). Now that I'm visibly pregnant, she told me she'd be willing to hang out with me again because I was back to being "the fat friend." (but she currently weighs more than she did the day she gave birth!)

She ended up being at the bar yesterday too and I quickly started losing my patience with her after the 20th joke about me drinking water and still having a "beer belly." Our server came around to ask about refills and I when I asked for another glass of water, my coworker told the server all my drinks could go on her tab. So when she headed back to fill our drink order, I followed her and ordered a shot for the birthday girl, our server, and all 6 bartenders. Our server grinned and goes, Oh her tab, correct?

Hey! She offered!!

Wow, nice "friend"! I'm glad you got her back!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Hooray for all the baby movements!! So exciting! I felt my little guy kick for the first time yesterday too. I'm officially 19 weeks!

I apologize in advance for this little rant, but I figured if anyone would understand, you ladies will.

Last night was a coworkers birthday and I joined them out while they had a few drinks. Drinking water at the bar hasn't bothered me even the slightest until last night. Last winter one of my coworkers asked if we could start losing weight together, but stopped going to the gym with me when she realized that even though I was bigger than her, I was in better shape. I also snapped at her for telling people she had a baby, so she had an excuse to be fat (her daughter was 16 months old at the time). Now that I'm visibly pregnant, she told me she'd be willing to hang out with me again because I was back to being "the fat friend." (but she currently weighs more than she did the day she gave birth!)

She ended up being at the bar yesterday too and I quickly started losing my patience with her after the 20th joke about me drinking water and still having a "beer belly." Our server came around to ask about refills and I when I asked for another glass of water, my coworker told the server all my drinks could go on her tab. So when she headed back to fill our drink order, I followed her and ordered a shot for the birthday girl, our server, and all 6 bartenders. Our server grinned and goes, Oh her tab, correct?

Hey! She offered!!

Good for you. I would of probably told her off.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I was also wondering, I have an ultrasound at 19 weeks and was wondering how accurate is it when they tell you if it's a boy or a girl? I heard that sometimes they can make mistakes. I am going for my routine check-up ultrasound and the doctor told me I could ask the technician for the anatomy of the baby. I really want to know. A few of my family paid for the 3D ultrasound to find out the sexe of the baby but I've read that constant exposure to the sonore is not good for the baby. Any opinions on this?

The farther along you are, the more accurate they can be. But, the baby also has to give the ultrasound tech a good view. I've had a lot of ultrasounds, and they were able to tell at 18 weeks, and then I had a co-worker confirm it a couple weeks later.

As for the constant exposure to ultrasounds, I've heard that's just a myth. I personally don't think there are any issues with having "too many" ultrasounds. I've had quite a few already, and my little girl is growing just fine.

I hope you are able to tell what you are having at your ultrasound! It's so exciting!

Thanks this is really helpful advice. I can't wait to find out, the waiting is killing me. Of course, my first priority is knowing if the baby is okay but I really want to know if it's a boy or girl. When I had my son, 13 years ago, they didn't let us know and the ultrasound wasn't accurate so they didn't tell us at all. This time I really want to know, especially to get my son ready, just in case it's a girl, he really wants a baby brother. Of course, I will be happy either way, this miracle baby will be loved no matter what, we've been waiting for him/her for 13 years!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My husband and I determined last night that baby girl is playing with her big brother. She has been kicking for awhile now and my husband has felt her many times. My son has been dying to feel her and everytime she will start her kicking I call him over and as soon as he puts his hand on my stomach she would stop he would walk away and she would start kicking again. This would go on until he got frustrated and thought his sister didn't like him. So last night we tried again and she did the same thing so my poor child became very determined and sat next to me with his hand on my stomach for over an hour and she finally kicked him so he could feel it. If she is like this in the womb I can only imagine what they will do to each other later :)
  • ajsdream
    Options
    My husband and I determined last night that baby girl is playing with her big brother. She has been kicking for awhile now and my husband has felt her many times. My son has been dying to feel her and everytime she will start her kicking I call him over and as soon as he puts his hand on my stomach she would stop he would walk away and she would start kicking again. This would go on until he got frustrated and thought his sister didn't like him. So last night we tried again and she did the same thing so my poor child became very determined and sat next to me with his hand on my stomach for over an hour and she finally kicked him so he could feel it. If she is like this in the womb I can only imagine what they will do to each other later :)

That's so cute! Your son has a lot of patience to sit there for over an hour! Baby was doing the same thing to my hubby, and my midwife said that maybe he has a calming touch that will come in handy after the baby is born. haha
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    WE are having a BOY! I was pretty surprised but I am over the moon! Turns out he's a big one too. lol... Measures 1 week ahead! Looks like hes enjoying my food. :))
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    WE are having a BOY! I was pretty surprised but I am over the moon! Turns out he's a big one too. lol... Measures 1 week ahead! Looks like hes enjoying my food. :))

YAY!!! Congratulations!
  • ajsdream
    Options

Congrats!!!
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options

CongratS!!!!!!! I bet your husband is proud of himself? lol seems to me in my circle of friends and family when they find out they are having a boy the "dad's to be" ego grows. LOL
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

CongratS!!!!!!! I bet your husband is proud of himself? lol seems to me in my circle of friends and family when they find out they are having a boy the "dad's to be" ego grows. LOL

hahaha! yes he is! lol Its funny. But hey, whatever makes him excited!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

hahaha! yes he is! lol Its funny. But hey, whatever makes him excited!

I'd had a feeling ours would be a boy. Funny thing is that my husband was sort of rooting for a girl, he was looking forward to the Daddy/Daughter relationship. I think he's actually more nervous now that he knows it's a boy!
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Yay!!! Congrats!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options

Congrats! We found out for the first two, but are going for the surprise this time, since we have one of each :-)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    So I finally felt movement today!! It's not a full on kick or anything, but it was definitely noticeable enough to know it was the baby :bigsmile: Can't wait for our u/s in Oct as I think I now want to know what it is!:blushing:
  • Aeriel
    Options
    I have been thinking I have felt slight movement the last couple of days (16 weeks + now) but it might be wishful thinking. Very fluttery and not very often. Looking forward to the definite movement, and to my 16 week checkup on Tuesday. Bringing my other kids (4 and 5) along so they can hear the baby's heart beat for the first time. Also looking forward to getting a weigh in, as I have been away at work with no scale for 3 weeks. My body has been wanting 2300-2400 calories a day to seem satisfied, but hoping my gain has been reasonable. I tried staying about 2000 calories for a few days, but was starving all the time and getting the need to eat shaking.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking I have felt slight movement the last couple of days (16 weeks + now) but it might be wishful thinking. Very fluttery and not very often. Looking forward to the definite movement, and to my 16 week checkup on Tuesday. Bringing my other kids (4 and 5) along so they can hear the baby's heart beat for the first time. Also looking forward to getting a weigh in, as I have been away at work with no scale for 3 weeks. My body has been wanting 2300-2400 calories a day to seem satisfied, but hoping my gain has been reasonable. I tried staying about 2000 calories for a few days, but was starving all the time and getting the need to eat shaking.

The fluttering is exactly how it feels!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Hello 2nd Tri ladies

I'm almost 14 weeks now, so figured I'd come in here and say hi! Told my kids (aged 6 and 4) last week which was the most awesome thing ever :love: , they are soooooooo excited, lots of chatter to my tummy! Not told my work yet, ....

I've had lots of issues, lots of bleeding after running/ or even just jogging, and so told NO EXERCISE, but scans have always been fine, midwife said I'd be able to start doing a bit more exercise once I got to 14 weeks, so I'm planning some walks for next week. fingers crossed I don't bleed. I've found no exercise pretty tough. :sad: I'm really looking forward to getting back into it, and I'm loving no longer feeling like I could sleep at any given moment, and not feeling sick. :bigsmile:

Anyway :drinker: here's to the next 26 weeks!
  • Aeriel
    Options
    Hello 2nd Tri ladies

I'm almost 14 weeks now, so figured I'd come in here and say hi! Told my kids (aged 6 and 4) last week which was the most awesome thing ever :love: , they are soooooooo excited, lots of chatter to my tummy! Not told my work yet, ....

I've had lots of issues, lots of bleeding after running/ or even just jogging, and so told NO EXERCISE, but scans have always been fine, midwife said I'd be able to start doing a bit more exercise once I got to 14 weeks, so I'm planning some walks for next week. fingers crossed I don't bleed. I've found no exercise pretty tough. :sad: I'm really looking forward to getting back into it, and I'm loving no longer feeling like I could sleep at any given moment, and not feeling sick. :bigsmile:

Anyway :drinker: here's to the next 26 weeks!

Glad to see you over here! I have given up the running, but just walking or riding the stationary bike makes me feel better too.
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Well I managed a 5km walk today, that's the most exercise I've done in about 10weeks, not quite the fit pregnancy I was planning, but there are more important things than me right now! Anyway, no adverse effects just yet, so yay!

Hope everyone is doing well, it's very quiet on here .... *tumble weed*