Welcome!!! (Introduce Yourselves)

Options
Hi college girls!!! :)

Excited to get to know each and every one of you. My name is Loretta but you can call me LoLo/LoBear/LoJ...I have a host of nicknames. Most commonly known as LoLo though.

I created this group because I know for a FACT that I am not the only college girl out here who is desperately wanting a change in the outer body image. Not necessarily because I don't love who I am...I LOVE who I was created to be but I will feel even better knowing that I'm both healthy and looking GREAT on the outside.

As a college student, there are so many things you want to do and sometimes weight can hold you back. Especially going out seeing all the other girls dressing so pretty and strutting around without a care or worry in the world. We too deserve that same chance.

So I thought this would be a great support group for all the college girls out there trying to make a change in their image for the better and happiness of themselves. This will be a fun journey!!!!! <3<3<3 I'm here for EVERYONE!!!!

*Don't forget to introduce yourselves*

Replies

• puffgrace
    Options
    HI!!!!!!!!

My name is Maggie and I'm a freshman at Mckendree University, I play golf and dance but I could definitely use some work on eating healthier.

CW: 136

GW:115

Height: 5'4"

• lobearjw
    Options
    HI!!!!!!!!

My name is Maggie and I'm a freshman at Mckendree University, I play golf and dance but I could definitely use some work on eating healthier.

CW: 136

GW:115

Height: 5'4"

Hey Maggie!!!!! :) Glad to have you on the team. I will be sure to add you as a friend on here.
  • BretagneNoel
    Options
    My name is Brittany and I'm in my 6th year of college at the University of Nebraska-Omaha. I've earned a math degree, will soon complete an accounting degree, and then I will continue on to grad school. I miss my swimming days in high school, when I knew I could walk into any store and find clothes that fit great on me. Now I avoid dressing rooms and mirrors.

I work at a Fortune 500 company that has a fitness center in the building with great group exercise classes - I'm currently sore from two that I took earlier this week. :) My best friend, who should be joining MFP soon, is going to join me in committing to do Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 DVD.

CW: 161
    GW: 130
    Height: 5'5"
  • lobearjw
    Options
    Hi Brittany!!!! :)
    I have hard about that Jillian Michaels video....I gotta get that tonight when I get to Walmart. I heard you will be so worn out at the end but that's just what I need.
  • AIKENDE01
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I am so excited that LoLo created this page !!! My name is Danielle, but i go by Dee. I am 19 and finishing up my 2nd year at Buffalo State College. I am transfering to The University of Minnesota at the end of the summer and wanna be lookin feirce as hell for my boyfriend, who i will then be living with. :) He loves how i look already but i know i could look better, so he is my inspriation. :) Cant wait to get going on this. i really wanna make this time stick and reach my goal weight.

CW: 185
    GW: 145
    Height: 5'3 (wish i could grow also but oh well :P )
  • lobearjw
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I am so excited that LoLo created this page !!! My name is Danielle, but i go by Dee. I am 19 and finishing up my 2nd year at Buffalo State College. I am transfering to The University of Minnesota at the end of the summer and wanna be lookin feirce as hell for my boyfriend, who i will then be living with. :) He loves how i look already but i know i could look better, so he is my inspriation. :) Cant wait to get going on this. i really wanna make this time stick and reach my goal weight.

GIRLLLLL!!!! You gotta be on my team. I feel like you are my twin right now. We have the same CW & GW and those statements you made about your boyfriend...I can relate. My boyfriend doesn't know I'm on a weight loss plan. I've told him about mines in the past but I've always FAILED at them. So this time I just want to surprise him by letting him see me get sexier and sexier right before his eyes LOL!!!! Ohhh I'm so excited! YAY!
  • AIKENDE01
    Options
    Hey everyone!

GIRLLLLL!!!! You gotta be on my team. I feel like you are my twin right now. We have the same CW & GW and those statements you made about your boyfriend...I can relate. My boyfriend doesn't know I'm on a weight loss plan. I've told him about mines in the past but I've always FAILED at them. So this time I just want to surprise him by letting him see me get sexier and sexier right before his eyes LOL!!!! Ohhh I'm so excited! YAY!

Of course! we can do this together. i am offically starting tmrw but preparing myself today, if that makes sense. lol. My bf lives in minnesota right now and i live in new york, he was here with me for a week over christmas. i cant wait for him to see me next time we are together. gonna make his jaw drop :)
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hi!

I just randomly found this group and am really happy that I did.

I live in the UK and am studying at uni and was hoping to find people who were in a similar position!

Anyway just wanted to say hi!

Ana
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! okay so i was randomly looking at groups and stumbled upon this one and was like wowzers how perfect! Well I'm Lucky and I'm a junior in college so almost done! yay!! I really hope i do end up losing weight I'm giving myself a deadline till may. add me up if anyone wants :D

CW: 178
    GW: 140
    Heigh: 5'6
  • lobearjw
    Options
    Oh I'm soo soooo excited that more and more people are joining the group! This group is going to be the group of great changes. As long as we hold each other accountable for each others goals...we will do just fine :)

I'm so glad I get to make new friends and weight loss buddies. This will be a great journey!!!!
  • lobearjw
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Of course! we can do this together. i am offically starting tmrw but preparing myself today, if that makes sense. lol. My bf lives in minnesota right now and i live in new york, he was here with me for a week over christmas. i cant wait for him to see me next time we are together. gonna make his jaw drop :)

So am I! I am preparing today and I officially start tomorrow and I cannot wait.
  • colleen_mairead
    colleen_mairead Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My names Mairead, it's like parade but with an M :) I'm 21, a sophomore at Quincy College, and a soon to be nursing student. I'm a little heavier than you girls but whatever, we all have the same goal! Add me if you'd like :D
  • lobearjw
    Options
    My names Mairead, it's like parade but with an M :) I'm 21, a sophomore at Quincy College, and a soon to be nursing student. I'm a little heavier than you girls but whatever, we all have the same goal! Add me if you'd like :D

Girl.....its FINE!!!!! We are all working towards our dream weight. Some of us are bigger and smaller than others but we are all here to support one another and reach a goal of happiness. I know I'm got a lot I'm working with right now but I'm working towards a toned curvy body....:) I'm going to get there too with the help of all the girls in this group including you. I will help you as well.
  • Banannafish512
    Banannafish512 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello! Happy to find this group!

I am 22 in my first year of medical school. Undergrad has been tough on me as I gained a lot of weight that I'm looking to lose! I ordered the 30 Day Shred and am waiting for it to come in the mail so I can get started.

CW: 195
    GW: 140 (my pre-college weight!!)
    height: 5'11"

Glad to see this group has a lot of girls to help get us through it!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm glad to have found a group related to being a college girl! Although I started a little earlier than some of you, or maybe even a little later... I'm glad to know we all share a healthy weight loss goal together!

I started back on April 30, 2011 at a weight of 189... My boyfriend had been losing weight about three/four months prior to me (January). As he got better looking, I got worse... and I was tired of feeling lazy and out of shape and just plain ol' gross! I took a huge plunge out of no where and found this site. This site is what made me lose 34 pounds. I counted calories, and I exercised as regularly as possible. I'll be honest though. These past few months I have been slacking. What with going to college... I can't afford those healthier options so regularly... :( I'm always bouncing around from 155-160... at one point I was at 153... I want to go back there and stay there! Then continue to my ultimate goal... to reach 140! I want to just know what I look like underneath all this layer of fat.

I'm proud of what I've done so far, and I really hope to continue!
  • rougette66
    Options
    Hello! Happy to find this group!

I am 22 in my first year of medical school. Undergrad has been tough on me as I gained a lot of weight that I'm looking to lose! I ordered the 30 Day Shred and am waiting for it to come in the mail so I can get started.

CW: 195
    GW: 140 (my pre-college weight!!)
    height: 5'11"

Glad to see this group has a lot of girls to help get us through it!

undergrad has got to be the king of weight gain its ridic! I personally love jillians workouts she really knows how to put forth a great workout! i have her 6 week 6 pack and the ripped in 30 dads (love them) Good luck!
  • rougette66
    Options
    I am so loving how so many of us want to get down to 140! A magical number wouldn't y'all agree?
  • lobearjw
    Options
    140 is the place to be!!!! :) It's good because all of us can work around some of the same methods to help get there.

This site has given me so much hope but the urge in me to create this group has given me even more hope because now I have a group of girls who are my age that can work with me and help hold me accountable to my word and goal. I have never been so excited. This is a great group!!!!! ALREADY (And its just DAY ONE)

I must agree....undergrad is true to its word of freshman 15, 20, 35...whatever number! Its so much harder because all they have to offer you is pizza, hamburgers, french fries, and sweets pretty much every day. I was at a big university but I've transferred back home to a community college so this will be a great thing for me. Being home and being able to eat healthier.
  • littlemascara
    Options
    Hi everybody!! =)

My name's Sandra. I'm 22 and a student at Riverside Community College in California. I recently finished up my undergrad but I'm back in school for training as an interpreter and also to get more credits for when I apply to grad school. I really just want to feel healthier but I'm really out of shape so I'm kind of taking it slow at the start, but I'm excited to get to it. Also, being able to fit into my skinny jeans again would be a plus!
  • Banannafish512
    Banannafish512 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My school made all freshmen get an unlimited meal plan, which means all the food you want, whenever you want. Since school was in a city, there were so many restaurants and cafes to go to as well....UGH, I wish I could go back and tell my freshman self to calm down!!

But yes the magical 140...it can be done!