Welcome!!! (Introduce Yourselves)

Options

Replies

• sparkleconverse21
    Options
    Hey guys!

My name is Shannon and I've spent a lot of my life going on "diets" that always end, work out binges that I quit, and generally a lot of half-assed trying. I've decided that since I'm gonna be a freshman next year, it's time to get into some good habits to carry with me to my dorm!

I'm extremely supportive of everyone but seem to always fizzle out when supporting myself. With that said, I'd love to have some friends on here to cheer on and to cheer me on. With a team effort, you can't go wrong!

I'm also a vegetarian so if anyone else here is, we can work through the tendency towards carbs together!

Have fun everyone and happy "losing" !

-Shannon

Ps. I'd like to lose 30 lbs so I'm this for a while!
  • emalatini
    emalatini Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Ema and I'm about to start school in the fall in California. I've always been a heavier girl, but I've been looking for some sort of support system on MFP and I'm glad I found this group! I'm hoping to lose 40 pounds, hopefully by the end of the year, but I know it's a work in progress. I'm definitely the kind of person that needs motivation and accountability partners! I hope we all reach our goal weights, ladies!

-Ema
  • Sappy320
    Sappy320 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Everyone! I'm about to start a new life a college in August so I want to try and keep up with all the progress I have been making over the summer. I have always been a larger, more dense girl so I really want to trim down and tone up and create a new lifestyle starting now.
  • springbreakmission
    springbreakmission Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!!!! I'm Noel a 22 year old student at the University of Houston. I'm determined to get fit and even more fabulous =). I currently have an event that has kicked my fitness up a notch and I'm so excited to reach my goal.

height: 5'5.5"
    HW: 198
    MFP start weight: 168
    CW: 159
    short term GW: 145
    long term GW: be FIT and HEALTHY at whatever size i choose. (toned abs wouldn't hurt either ;D)

GO COOGS!!!!
  • BlackRose101
    BlackRose101 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. I'm a newb :P
    Umm, I'll be a frosh next year. I'm trying to lose about 50-60 lbs. I'm a student athlete (2 to 3 sports), i'm uber chubby, but i'm fixing that! :D
  • muffinattack
    muffinattack Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello~
    My name's Grace and I'm a sophomore Music major going to college in upstate New York. :)
    I'm currently trying to punch out of the 150's before I go back and I'm hoping to hit and maintain a weight between 110-125. I'm 5'2" and kind of a nerd lol. Feel free to add me. :3
  • ashleyxxxo
    ashleyxxxo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ashley. I am going into my senior year in college. I am a Chemistry major.
    CW: 130
    GW: 120
    Height: 5'6"

I gained a lot of weight my sophomore and junior year when I got a boyfriend, and i last January I decided I needed to work it off, and have lost 15 pounds since. I have recently hit a plateau and have joined MFP!
  • arlingtonpaige
    Options
    Hey ladies!

My name's Paige and I'm 18 and about to start (moving in 8/17!) Georgia Southern University as a freshman majoring in Pre Nursing with a minor in Spanish. I'm not ashamed of the body I have now, but I know I'm not treating it like I should by having sooo much extra weight on it. I want to be healthier. And I want to prove to everyone that ever doubted me that I CAN do it, even in the hustle and bustle of freshman/college life.

I'd rather not include my SW/CW because while I'm proud of my body, I'm not exactly proud of the numbers.

Suffice it to say, I have to lose a healthily sized girl of my age. (According to BMI calculators, I really need to lose about 170ish /:)
    I don't expect it to happen over night and I look forward to working my tail off to get it. Everything that has to be worked for is even sweeter in the end.

(:
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    Hi my name is Katie. I am 37 years old and a college freshman at Ames Christian University. I would love to make a lot of college friends any age college students.

I defintely need to lose the weight
  • lala_liesha
    Options
    Hii ladies, Im Aliesha and I'm 22 and a junior at Brooklyn College. I'm a Psych major and was always kind of chubby and then bam puberty hit, I joined tennis and I was a healthy 134 standing at 4'11.

Now nine years later I'm only 5'0, and gained everything back when I got into a relationship and then gained more when I ended said relationship. It's going to be a process but one I am so ready for! My goal is to get back to between 134 and 145. At that point it's about what I feel really good with.
  • hannahchristina13
    hannahchristina13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!
    I'm Hannah and I'm currently studying music at Brigham Young University. I'm about to start my second year and I just really want to start making some changes in my life. One of those changes is to create a healthy lifestyle for myself. I need some friends on here for motivation and support so feel free to add me!! And I'll take any advice I can get, too! (:

CW: 175
    GW: 135
    Height: 5'3"
  • kowens9
    kowens9 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey Everybody!

I'm Kristy and am a senior at DePaul University in Chicago studying accounting and international studies. I started getting serious about being healthier back in October and lost right around 30 pounds since then but some things come up and I have just been maintaining now. It's time for me to really get back into a healthy lifestyle and just need some girls that understand how hard it is with school and work and everything else that gets thrown our way. Feel free to add me and give advice and I'll do the same as I get the hang of this.

CW: 243
    GW: 160
    Height: 5'8"
  • acortez555
    Options
    Hi! My name is Alicia. I am a gonna start my third year here at New Mexico State University, going for my BBA in Economics. I've been on lots of weight loss journeys before that failed, except one back in HS where I lost 30 lbs, but I gained it all back after graduating HS and not buying their meals and shakes, so this time I want to make it a complete lifestyle change in order to make myself healthy.

SW: 180
    CW:175
    GW: 125-130
    Height: 5'2"
    I'd love to have new friends to share a goal with, motivate, and get to know better. :D so just add me
  • jennasolis18
    Options
    Hi I'm jenna
    I'm from Arizona I am a sophomore at the university here and am ready to finally get in shape and be the person I know I can be
    I am 5'2
    my CW is 176
    my GW is 135
    so I have lots of hard work to do and its only week 2 I gotta stay strong which is why I am super excited to be part of this group of remarkable young :) women
  • mdc430
    mdc430 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Madison. I'm 20 years old, junior in college and very busy with classes and 2 jobs when I'm at school. I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian, and I'm studying nutrition, psychology and sociology. I'm looking for good healthy motivation to get back into shape and drop a few pounds so add me :)

CW: 171lb
    GW: 140ish
  • noelleelizabethan
    noelleelizabethan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Noelle, a sophomore at LSU but studying in Spain for a year!
    I recently put on body fat after having a great first year at college and I am NOT happy not seeing my muscles anymore! My activity level and motivation have both been waaaay down and I'm hoping MFP will help me pick them back up!
    I'm 5'8" and around 140. I'm not really looking to lose pounds so much as to melt the fat off my muscles!
  • skyblue_99
    Options
    Hi! I'm Danielle and I am going into my senior year at Umass for Biology. I put on some weight and am ready to be happy again. I try to not let anything hold me back but sometimes I find myself not doing things because of how I look. I would like to be healthy and gain more confidence in myself! I love meeting new people so feel free to say hi!
  • holliesangel
    holliesangel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kerri. I'm a senior bio major/psych minor at Maryville College. I've slowly been putting on weight since high school but getting to 160 lbs over the summer was just the straw that broke the camels back. Now I'm doing my best to get healthy and feel better. Although lord knows the cafeteria isn't doing me any favors in that department. I've also recently become slightly obsessed with exercising.
  • zmoua09
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Zer. I attend Augustan College in Sioux Falls, SD and am a 4th year nursing student. I have tried many times in the past to lose weight but cannot seem to lose weight. My most successful attempt was last summer when I dropped a pant size but I was still the same weight. I started measuing myself then to see how many inches I lost. I just am having a hard time losing weight. I heard about myfitnesspal from one of my friends and decided to try it out. Hope to meet more people.
  • brandyorgeron
    brandyorgeron Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Brandy an I am at senior at Southeastern Louisiana University. I am going for a special education degree. I am also engaged to the best guy and will not forgive myself if I am not hot for my wedding! We are waiting to get married until fall of 2014, so I need to get to it! I would love to have you guys as friends on here.

SW 157
    CW 148
    GW 120