Welcome!!! (Introduce Yourselves)

Options

Replies

• chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Chelsee & I'm a college senior at Claremont McKenna College (graduate in 7 short weeks) who is trying to do the final push! I've lost 46 pounds already (I was at 52 but I gained some back.). I'm excited for this last little push, but I need help changing my diet. I eat in a dining hall mostly because my school is small and we all live on campus!

Current Weight: 150
    Goal Weight: 130
    Height 5'2 1/2

Add me if you like, I respond all the time :D
  • WhimsicalOwl
    WhimsicalOwl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody!
    My name is Ashlee, I am 17 years old and I am a junior in college. I have recently changed my major from marketing to mathematics. I am going to be getting my B.A. in Mathematics with my secondary education certification. I'm interested in becoming a high school math teacher, but I may also want to teach elementary or jr. high... but for right now I am sticking with high school.
    Unfortunately I am having to almost start over with school, so it is going to take me about another 4 years to graduate, but I am young so I guess I have time.
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Katie. I'm a 37 year old college freshman at Ames Christian University. I am taking online classes wanting to minister to youth specficially those who struggle with low self esteem, abuse, weight/ eating disorders just like me. anyone is welcome to friend me. its nice to be in the college girl crowd
  • lauromero91
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Laura. I'm 20 years old and I'm a Media Studies major at UC Berkeley. I think it's so awesome that this group was created, it's great to have a place where us college girls can motivate and support each other! Anyone else go to UC Berkeley? :smile:
  • Lilith47
    Lilith47 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This group is awesome! :) I'm Michaela, 25, studying ethnology & political science in Vienna, Austria.
    I' m a bellydancer and I teach several classes a week plus my own practice, but my diet used to be horrible. I always had 7-10 kgs too much...
    Now I watch what and how much I eat (clean eating) and try to add strength training. Feel free to add me , looking forward to exchanging experience and motivation with fellow college ladies!!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Heather, Hezzie, Tiger, Hezzie Tiger.. LOL

I'm in Birmingham Alabama, studying full time online at Franklin University (Senior) and working full time for Regions Bank. So far, I've lost 40 lbs since Thanksgiving :).

Current weight 185
    Goal weight 160

Nice to meet you!!
  • violetpimpernell
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Violet, so V for short is fine. I'm currently studying history in San Antonio. My major doesn't leave very much time for what one exercise. I tend to spend a lot of time reading, but I want to get in shape :)

CW- 291.6
    GW: 220
  • iluvhockey987
    iluvhockey987 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Kerri. I am new(er) to the myfitnesspal site. I have been using it on my phone, but I just started using the web site. I go to Appalachian State (senior) and I am graduating in next month with majors in communication studies and English and a minor in political science. I was just accepted to start grad school at NC State next year. About a month ago I decided to start working out to make myself feel better and to get in shape. I have gone down one jean size in a month (I have lost 7 pounds already)

CW:150
    GW:125 (it depends, I really have a goal jean size rather than a weight, if I gain muscle mass, I'm ok with that)
  • ldaniana
    ldaniana Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Daniana and I live in Parma, Ohio. I am currently attending a community college but I will be finishing up this August. I never really struggled with my weight until these past three years. I used to be 110 and I am now at 140. I lost nine pounds last summer but after school started again I gained it all back. I'm very glad I found this group because I can use the motivation and support of people who know what I am going through!!! I recently signed up on My Fitness Pal and I would LOVE to get back to 110! I hope this is going to help me. I have no friends on here yet since I am newer so feel free to add me! It would be great to get to know you ladies!!
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey people :-)

I'm Nancy 21 Junior in college studying Psychology. I love life and ready to really live and love myself more. Wanting to lose about 80+ pounds, give or take, don't know my goal weight but I will know once I get there. Really easygoing and always on, truly dedicated and I know its going to take time to get where I want but it will be sooo worth it. I love sports, comedy and the color pink!

*going to school in TN now but moving to Illinois in one month!
    * I'm 5"6.5' (:
  • ohjoy908
    ohjoy908 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    HI! I just found MFP and I'm excited about it! I work full time and go to school full time so life is crazy right now! I'm an third year english major and work at a starbucks and a health club (ironic because i never use it lol) I love the idea of doing this with college girls who are going thought the same stuff and are ready to encourage each other about losing weight! Add me and I will do my best to be as encouraging as I can :)
  • JordynRose47
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Jordyn and I'm brand new to MFP, but I'm definitely familiar with trying to lose weight. I've been heavier than I'd like to be for as long as I can remember and have spent the last 5 years attempting to be healthy and then losing motivation for one reason or another. I'm 20 years old and I feel like I've been robbed of my youth in some ways because I've never had that body that people always say they wished they still had. So it's time.

I'm also an actress. It's something I've loved since the day I was born. I've been in over 20 shows, but here's the thing: I always get cast as the maid or the mom or the younger sister and never ever do I get a leading role. Perhaps it's my acting abilities, but I really think the main cause is my weight. A size 13 just doesn't cut it for the leading lady.

I go to Knox College in Illinois, and I've definitely found that eating healthy in the cafeteria is HARD - especially because the vegetables and fruit they serve aren't always the freshest and don't taste nearly as delicious as they're supposed to.

My current weight is somewhere around 175 lbs (I don't have a scale here at school, but that's what it was last time I was home) and my goal weight is 140 lbs - I haven't been that small since before puberty!

If anyone wants to add me, I'd love an accountability buddy!
  • whoaaxitsxkatiex
    whoaaxitsxkatiex Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey girls!

I'm Katie and I'm a sophomore majoring in Early Childhood and Special Education in PA. My goal is to lose 40 pounds by the end of August so when I attend my boyfriend's BMT (basic military training, for those who don't know) graduation, he can pick me up and swing me when he sees me. However, I have always been trying to lose weight and unfortunately managed to gain almost 35 pounds since my senior year of high school. My current weight is 190 and I am hoping to get down between 145-150.

I work out every day and try to do at least 30 minutes of cardio and then lift alternating between arms, legs, and abs. I swam in high school, so I do most of my workouts from after swim practices. I really need someone to kick me whenever I start to slack. In the summer I work almost 60 hours a week (I am a nanny for my aunt and uncle), which makes it hard for me to work out. My younger sister told me we will work out twice a day because she thinks my new reason for losing weight is adorable!

Can't wait to support you all :smile:
  • arserine
    arserine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm a junior studying biology in Minnesota. I'm looking to loose about 50 pounds to get to a healthy weight but my major event in site is next January when I'm studying abroad in Australia. It's a marine biology program, so we'll spend most days on the beach and in the water, and I REFUSE to wear a one piece and cover myself out of embarrassment. I'm looking forward to wearing a bikini for the first real time. My biggest problems are snacking, the abundance of unhealthy food in the dining halls, and alcohol on campus. Friend me if you're looking for support!
  • Demetria07
    Demetria07 Posts: 6
    Options
    hello all im 22 and im only looking to lose 10 lbs but its hard im in grad school getting my doctorates so its hard to fit in time to lose weight. so im looking for more friends for motivation.
  • wildlotus
    wildlotus Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey girls!

My name is Olivia, I'm a nursing student in California (2 more years to go!). Everyone says that unlike the Freshman 15, nursing students gain the "Nursing 20" because of all the stress, late nights at the hospital, no time to eat/breathe, etc. My goal is to be in the best shape of my life while I'm in school to build great habits for the future and not let the nursing weight get a hold of me! I just finished my first week of Couch to 5k and my goal is to be able to run continuously for 30 min. I also love biking, swimming, yoga, and hiking. Good luck to everyone and it's nice to meet you! :heart:

CW: 150
    GW: 135
    Height: 5'9"
  • jbilgs
    jbilgs Posts: 38
    Options
    SO glad this page was made! I'd love some new MFP friends!

I'm Jenna and I go to Boston University for Theatre Arts/Acting with an emphasis in playwriting. I have such a passion for theatre and the arts. It's such a huge part of my life. Studying it leads to ridiculous hours and a LOT of stress eating. I wanted to join MFP to take control before things got too out of hand.

I'm 19 years old, 4'11", and currently 103.5 pounds. My UGW is about 93 pounds, but I want to do this the healthy way, and if that means I end up weighing more than that but looking/being healthy, then that is perfect with me.

Feel free to add me if you want support, because I know that I'd love some!
  • Edan55
    Edan55 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies :-)My name is Edan. I'm a new member to this website and group. I am currently 19 years old, and will be starting my second year in college in the fall. I hope to lose weight and learn new habits this summer. I would like to reach my goal in 6 to 8 weeks and just maintain the rest of the summer.My goal is to lose 55 pounds. I have already lost 15 prior to this date. I'm excited to finish this journey. God has something great in store for all of us. Hope each of you reach your goals!!!
  • mdmccowan
    mdmccowan Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm Marge and I'm senior this year (YAY) and I would like to get down to 146 by graduation and tips?
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Katie. I'm a 37 year old college freshman.

my current weight is 185 pounds

my goal weight is 135 pounds

I began my weight loss journey in 1996 and weighed 300 pounds.

I am going to cross that finish line