Show Us Yer Bike...

Options

Replies

• CharlieBook
    CharlieBook Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    not sure if this is going to work, but i'll try:

here's my pride and joy, was the only piknk hardtail doing the DH trail in Chatel, Alps :happy:

and this is my wee road bike:

lightbox
  • CharlieBook
    Options

here's my pride and joy, was the only piknk hardtail doing the DH trail in Chatel, Alps :happy:

lightbox

ok, no idea why this isn't working :grumble: :grumble:
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options

lightbox

once again - quote the picture, not the page...

9081634271_c512505faa.jpg

and

9081634397_d1bdcefd46.jpg

nice Inbred 456 btw... mine's a bit earlier in vintage...and red (despite instagram-ey picture!)

9084007896_d523035c9d.jpg
  • CharlieBook
    Options
    Thanks TBY,really appreciate it :smile:

Nice on-one! :happy: they're blooming tough machines! i love my bike to bits :bigsmile:
  • CharlieBook
    Options
    Nice on-one! :happy: they're blooming tough machines! i love my bike to bits :bigsmile:

realised that may have sounded offensive, it really wasnt meant to be - i just meant that my bike has crashed on rocks etc plenty of times, and been pummeled down the Alps and not a scratch! would highly recommend on-one's to anyone (maybe not the carbons though - i've heard a few horror stories from them!)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    The little red 456 is definitely on the tough side of builds (apart from the forks) considering it's really just for rides "out of the door" and on bridleways/sustrans and the odd "cheeky trail" - I suppose with a decent pair of forks on the front instead of the £90 pogo-sticks it'd now be up to the odd jaunt in the peaks/dales/lakes - though how my aged reactions would cope with that is another matter.

Frankly, for what it gets used for now, I'm completely and utterly over-biked, and a cyclocross machine would be a far better option... Of course 3 years ago, when I was nearer 400lb rather than 235lb it was a different matter. Still - it's a good solid Deore-XT build (except the cheaper LX brakes), so I'm not exactly ready to throw it out just yet.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Saw a bargain carbon 3T fork & touring tyres on wiggle price drop, had to get them so I could convert my 29er to my regular commute work-horse and save my carbon bike for weekend best!
    IMG_20130619_194437_zps4d8218cc.jpg
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Frankenbike, city bike / shopper / thing

9088552757_b9931db5e3_c.jpg

Mountain frame, rigid fork, 2x10 gearset, cable disk brakes, racks, panniers, basket.......
  • allenhandley
    allenhandley Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I got my fill of purple anodised back in the 90's personally - after tying the third set of Kalloy Uno Bars in knots "just riding along" I decided enough was enough.

I think I've probably still got a pair of the old Ringle Mojo Brake Straddle Hangers in the bottom of the "big parts box" - a bit like these - only purple and scratched/scuffed/knackered (delete as appropriate!)

1087526783_5ddf261243.jpg

Missed the peace sign the first time. Very nice touch.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My bike at the office......

bakeatoffice_zps044b4bff.jpg

A Giant Defy Alliance (hybrid aluminum/carbon fibre frame)
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have a beginner's road bike

Any ladies out there ride a Trek Lexa-S ?

:-)
  • ronin_cyclist
    ronin_cyclist Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ^^^ breaks gawd knows how many of the rules... (seatpack, frame pump, spacers, cranks at odd angles, bottles in cages, dustcaps, Arc-En-Ciel when (to the best of my knowledge at least) you're not a current/former world road champion)

But I still like it :-)

Thank you! and thanks for the clarification on the rules. Not wanting to be known as a rule-breaker, I've reposted a clean configuration below. Someday I'll have a support vehicle to follow me around so I can ditch the frame pump and seat pack :-)

9128522475_fd1f3f7472.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    those "rules" (yeah, they're really guidelines (tm Jack Sparrow)) are just for the photo-call, I carry all sorts of crap around on the bike on my normal, completely unsupported and totally self-sufficient rides mate...

still not too keen on the arc-en-ciel unless you actually do hold a world championship at something though... and if you do - Chapeau!!
  • matsprt1984
    matsprt1984 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You may consider for argument sake that Felt TK1 ridden by Sarah Hammer has won several World Titles. So the "bike" has earned world bands, although this bike is not a TK1.

Maybe Felt is taking some liberty here ??
  • ronin_cyclist
    ronin_cyclist Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think Felt did take some liberty by putting the little arc-en-ciel on the frame. A marketing move on Felt's part? It wasn't a decision factor in my purchasing the bike. My particular F3 is a 2010 model. Purchased because it fit me, had the components I wanted (SRAM Red) and was within my budget.

I'm curious if a world championship had been won on a Specialized, Wilier, or Pinarello, etc., if that manufacturer would've placed the arc-en-ciel on their frames.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Pinarello certainly have...

Cavendish Replica

Pinarello-Dogma-Speciarello-Mark-Cavendish.jpg
  • matsprt1984
    Options
    I believe one has to look no further than Tony Martin for a World Championship in the ITT on a Specialized.
  • matsprt1984
    Options
    I think Felt did take some liberty by putting the little arc-en-ciel on the frame. A marketing move on Felt's part? It wasn't a decision factor in my purchasing the bike. My particular F3 is a 2010 model. Purchased because it fit me, had the components I wanted (SRAM Red) and was within my budget.

I'm curious if a world championship had been won on a Specialized, Wilier, or Pinarello, etc., if that manufacturer would've placed the arc-en-ciel on their frames.

Last one, Wilier was ridden by Ballan to a Worlds Road Championship ....
  • CharlieBook
    Options
    Picked up my new bike this weekend, very lovely ride! cant wait for the epic rides :happy: :heart:

9176241201_fb67f561ea.jpg
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My bike is in my profile pic. It is a Ciccli di Massimo with Campagnolo components. Probably totally wasted on me. I am a newbie and my husband bought it for me for our 35th wedding anniversary last year. He like to cycle and wanted to make sure I could keep up with him. NO PROBLEM, Lol!