Show Us Yer Bike...

Options

Replies

• Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I think by then Fran, they'll have sold out their back-catalogue of the old carbon Pro frames (it's a 2-3 year old design at least!) and they'll probably be at the stage of moving the RT-57's :laugh: (actually, no bad thing, iirc they're a custom layup version of a open-mould clone of the Trek Madone's from a few years ago)

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/FRPXROT57/planet_x_rt_57_carbon_road_frame_and_fork

FRPXROT57_P9.jpg

Ooooooooo nice :-)
  • adam145
    adam145 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Cool pictures! What is your commuter bike? I can't tell. And a unicyle! You ever commute on that?
    Hopefully the Sora shifters will grow on me. I haven't been riding it much lately. Been using my Bridgestone as a commuter even though it's ill-equipped for that purpose.

The commuter is a Ribble Winter (http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/). It's a pretty basic, but hard wearing aluminium framed bike, ideal for a commuter when it's ridden in all weathers, and not really looked after very well! I'm quite attached to it, although I am taking delivery of a new bike today (a cyclocross), which may well become my new main commuter!

I try to commute on the unicycle once a week, and have managed to do so since February(!). On the days I unicycle, I drive half way by car, and park up on the edge of a wood, where it's pretty much all off-road to my office... about 5 miles each way. A couple of times I've done the full 10 mile each way on the unicycle, but it's not so enjoyable as I have about 800 feet of climbing on the way home, which is pretty hard work on one wheel (and one fixed gear of course).
  • johnmsmithers
    johnmsmithers Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    10348604064_78ebb3ca70.jpg

My new bike, purchased August 31, 2013. It's a 2013 Marin Muirwoods 29er. I love it. Much more comfortable than my 1991 Miyata Elevation (whose photo I posted here before). I'm going distances I never could with my old bike. I think this is a good transitional bike towards a road bike until I lose enough weight. I actually gave it a name, which I've never done with an inanimate, well, non-self-animating object in my life. I call her "Defiant".
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    10348604064_78ebb3ca70.jpg

My new bike, purchased August 31, 2013. It's a 2013 Marin Muirwoods 29er. I love it. Much more comfortable than my 1991 Miyata Elevation (whose photo I posted here before). I'm going distances I never could with my old bike. I think this is a good transitional bike towards a road bike until I lose enough weight. I actually gave it a name, which I've never done with an inanimate, well, non-self-animating object in my life. I call her "Defiant".

Nice! I have the same bike, albeit 2 years older. I call mine, "the Beast". Distance will improve with time for sure!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    here's my el cheapo. Well, not too cheap. Its a Diamondback Response, 18" frame, 26" wheels, 21 gears, road tyres. I only paid $50 bucks for it including a helmet. I borrowed it one night from a work cos my car was at the shop and everytime i tried to give it back he said he didnt want it cos he had no room in the garage. in the end he said just take it for $50.

IMAG0975_zpsd29aaefe.jpg

IMAG0976_zps79d98007.jpg

IMAG0977_zpse8f7eb29.jpg

IMAG0980_zps3f362110.jpg
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Car boot sale Bargain couldn't believe the condition its in for 35 years old
    I know its no Superbike but its the same bike I had as a kid and I am looking forward to full restoration :)

4d29641d-c47b-4666-9ffe-34a5aa8fbe0b.jpg
    IMG_4031.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    Weinneman side pulls, suicide brake levers, Huret gears, fork boss mounted headlamp bracket... oh-my-god the entry level bikes of my teenage years...

hardest bit to get sorted is likely to be the 27" wheels - those chrome steel rims in combination with the godawful brakes were scarily bad compared to my first foray into Ally rims (using tub's) - so compared to modern dual pivots and highly improved brake compounds, they are likely to scare the bejasus out of you... and that's in the dry. In the wet they just aren't there.
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just couldn't resist it when I seen it. really wouldn't take a lot of work to leave as new (and it was made in Derry ;))
  • gajones02
    gajones02 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    LeaderMaidenVoyage053.jpg

Details Here:
    http://www.pedalroom.com/bike/2010-leader-721-11502

I'll figure out the picture thing in the morning!!
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    My single-speed has changed a lot...

IMG_2150.JPG

Its got lighter and faster.....
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

the bike or the rider?
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options

the bike or the rider?

Both !

When I got it I weighed 240ish and it was not that light.

I'm under 220 and it has gained carbon forks, seatpost, alloy bars, very light wheels, way better/lighter drivetrain and brakes....

I'm guessing that the bike dropped 5-6lbs.
  • gajones02
    gajones02 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    OK.......gonna try again.................

c43f8a55-a8ed-44fd-9d9e-49426d43ecf3.jpg
    17.2 lbs. with front brake and lever

If at first you don't............................:drinker:

Specs and pics on my PedalRoom page. (Link a few posts up)
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    The picture is way too big!

1077159_10103594282595744_1084944648_o.jpg
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    oops, pic not working.
  • slocyclist
    Options
    1992 Bridgestone RBT

DSC_0004-M.jpg

1997 KHS Summit X converted to an Xtracycle

DSC_0003-M.jpg

1950s home made unicycle

DSC_0039-XL.jpg

Not shown is a Craigslist beater Trek 830 Mountain Track that I'm turning into an upright around town all-'rounder.

Slo
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Never did end up with the Planet-X... something of a mix up regarding the stock levels on frames, then when the new framesets came in, the kit spec had changed.

So, decided to eschew the Carbon frame (something that DID leave me a little nervous for off-road to be fair!) and go for something in Aluminium.

10979594815_c5521ed9cf.jpg
    CAADX_0-5.jpg by The Big Yin, on Flickr

10979676406_01aafbc849.jpg
    CAADX_0-3.jpg by The Big Yin, on Flickr

10977074194_81fc8ca06b.jpg
    CaadX_1 by The Big Yin, on Flickr
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    TBY...that looks great...

are those cable brakes or hydro? IF they are hydro, what are they like?
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    nope, they're cable, and now they're bedded in and adjusted ok they're not bad... a bit more powerful than the Ultegra's on the fast bike, reasonably well modulated, but nothing much to write home about frankly - their sole real advantage is that it's the pads and disk that wear out (and are cheap to replace) as opposed to scouring a pair of rims to death every winter in our gritty wet conditions.
  • bikingpanda
    bikingpanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I picked this up a couple of weeks ago. 2013 Fuji Roubaix 1.5.
    20fvwwg.jpg