Show Us Yer Bike...

Options

Replies

• CycleCarolina
    CycleCarolina Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What my bike looked like before 3 years of sweating on the derailleur...
  • CycleCarolina
    CycleCarolina Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hmm. How do I add the photo??
  • indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    hmm..doesnt work for me

I think its due to the spaces before/after the URL.

4bc040ede82d7f1f2f55559c71955fef.jpg
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    omg...thank you for fixing it up for me! much much appreciated :)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    12009873275_92b25e8831_o.gif
  • indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Love the gif...good thinking. Impressive stable.

@sydneybeachgirl - how rude of me to help you with your picture and not comment on your bike. Looks like a nice workhorse, perfect for carrying your picnic to the beach.
  • composite
    composite Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My new race bike in unsupported racing/bikepacking mode.

file.php?id=46
  • budkid
    budkid Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    th_IMG_20131103_114640_zpsd0b82afd.jpg
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    I did a triathlon over the weekend. I didnt bring my own bike as the tri was held interstate and I didnt want to worry about the hussle of transporting a bike with the airlines...I rented one from a local bike store. And they fixed me up with an awesome 6061 flat bar road bike.
    It was an awesome ride! The bike was soo pleasant to ride I couldn`t stop riding it the day before the tri :) Just wouldnt want to put it down for the night :)

I am now seriously considering getting a similar bike even though winter is coming up in here in the Southern Hemisphere which means that it would not get ridden a lot but boy it was such a good bike...
    Trying to post a photo here...

[ IMG ]http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/37/a1/ea/37a1eabc2c892d6fa143701634d9df55.jpg[ /IMG ]
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    use lower case img tags and no spaces between the square brackets...

like this

12169063473_0033961a7b.jpg

gives you...

37a1eabc2c892d6fa143701634d9df55.jpg
  • lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Here's my new one. Been working on it/paying for it for about 8 months. It's a custom built Spectrum double-butted Ti with Campy Record, Zipp 303 Firecrest wheels and Avid BB7 SL disk brakes.

IMG_0460SpectrumTismall_zps9be25306.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Here's my new one. Been working on it/paying for it for about 8 months. It's a custom built Spectrum double-butted Ti with Campy Record, Zipp 303 Firecrest wheels and Avid BB7 SL disk brakes.

IMG_0460SpectrumTismall_zps9be25306.jpg

...Oh My, now that's Rather Nice...

(I was tempted by the 303s myself, but I'm just a little too close to the max. rider weight on them... as in 2kg under, but that's not allowing for shoes, clothing, helmet and a couple of energy gels... :sad: )
  • lpherman01
    Options
    Thanks. It's been a while in coming and I am very excited to ride it except that it snowed the day after I completed it and so I only have about a half-hour on the rollers. And it has snowed twice again since then so I am basically looking at it on the stand. :-/
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    I think when I'd built my Dolan up last year, it was nearly 3 weeks from completing it to actually getting it out on the road. I spent the time tweaking things and agonising about the tiny details... like I didn't think the shiny Carbon Fibre on the headset cap and the spacers looked right when everything else was matt or satin finished, So I took all the bits off, bought a rattle-can of satin clearcoat and re-finished 'em... I guess I'm just a trifle obsessive about things :laugh:
  • lpherman01
    Options
    I think when I'd built my Dolan up last year, it was nearly 3 weeks from completing it to actually getting it out on the road. I spent the time tweaking things and agonising about the tiny details... like I didn't think the shiny Carbon Fibre on the headset cap and the spacers looked right when everything else was matt or satin finished, So I took all the bits off, bought a rattle-can of satin clearcoat and re-finished 'em... I guess I'm just a trifle obsessive about things :laugh:

I've used titanium head set spacers on it because the thick carbon ones didn't look right with the sculpted Zipp stem, I have changed the cable housings twice because they didn't feel solid enough with the disk brakes, and now I am sourcing another set of Gore cables because they work better inside the SRAM housings. Plus I trimmed the seat post so that there was no unnecessary post sticking down the seat tube. A trifle obsessive? Nah!
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    This is going to be the bike I am going to get this year :)

0ef165c2f66097fbeefcbce1725f8601.jpg
  • mogginsthemog
    mogginsthemog Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Having suffered hip arthritis. I got this 2 yrs ago; 'step-thru' was easier for me. Now I'm glad to say that, after my operation in September, I'm easing back into cycling. I'd prefer a larger wheel size tho, so may upgrade later in the year...If the rain would just stop that would be marvelous..:smile:

dc29d1ae-2fc8-41d9-89c6-c6ae6dcda8ad.jpg